Dolphins, Monkeys and Stingrays Oh My! A June 10 Legend Review

KRW71

Geat review, Krista! My SO and I will be staying at the same hotel u did and going on the same ship u did. We cruise July 29th and I am so excited as this will be our first! I am really enjoying ur review as I hope to have as much fun as u all did! Can't wait for more from you! Thanks for what u have posted thus far.

~Kristina

Which beach did you go to that was closed? Since we live in the area, I am more curious than anything. BTW, I grew up in Ohio, so I know the Cedar Point trip will be a blast for the kids. Hope you enjoy. We're on the Legend for our second time on July 1.

It's just as you go on the causeway on 60. It's notoriously closed. A sewer line dumps into it. People still go in though. Totally gross.

We went to Ben Davis beach. It was the only one the shuttle could take us to. Very small, not that great but the kids could run around for awhile and there was a bar there, forget the name, and we got some drinks before going back to the hotel.

Cedar Point is a family tradition for us. Both my hubby and I have been going yearly since we were babies. My mom also went there as a young child. We have season passes and take our kids now. My youngest loves it more than anything else in the world. Watch the end of this vid. to see what he says. Funny

th_100_0065.jpg

LOL...priceless!!

Tuesday was Cozumel day. Matt, his brother, Mark and sister, Suz went on the Dune buggy excursion. They all enjoyed it very much.

073.jpg

065.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

11 of us went on the dolphin push, pull, swim at Chankanaab Park. We all had a great time. Sawyer was afraid to get in with the dolphin. This was an ongoing theme with him. Fear of animals. At home he does fine so I'm not sure what his deal was that week. Our dolphin was named Krista. That’s my name in case you didn’t know.

cruise2012054.jpg

We all really enjoyed the dolphin excursion. We had lots of time with the dolphin and they made sure that everyone got to do all the “tricks”. They did not let us use our own camera. The photo cd was $349.00. We divided the cost and it was $35.00 per person. After the dolphin swim we had time to eat lunch. Not that good burgers. We also watched the Sealion show. We did have to leave before getting a picture with the sealion.

cruise2012078.jpg

cruise2012077.jpg

cruise2012056.jpg

Wednesday was Belize day. We scheduled the Bannister Island Beach Break excursion through Carnival. Others in our group went to the ruins. We opted out of that due to a 2 hour each way bus ride with a 3 year old and a carsick prone boy.

Bannister Island was a good day. It was relaxing and a nice break from all the hustle and bustle. It was like having the island to ourselves. There was not a lot of people there at all.

cruise2012364.jpg

The beach is shelly but not too bad. They have plenty of float mats to use and kayaks too.

cruise2012360.jpg

cruise2012340.jpg

The boys collected shells, swam, snorkeled and played in the sand.

cruise2012310.jpg

6-18-2012_005.jpg

6-18-2012_004.jpg

They have a bar with food available there too. We got snack type munchies and it was all good. On the trip back they asked Matt if he wanted to ride up top with the captain. Of course he did.

nice review so far! we love the Legend....

Did either of you grow up in Hilliard & attend school there? We're from Columbus, just moved to Fort Myers in Feb....my partner grew up in Hilliard though (he's 37) so just curious.

nice review so far! we love the Legend....

Did either of you grow up in Hilliard & attend school there? We're from Columbus, just moved to Fort Myers in Feb....my partner grew up in Hilliard though (he's 37) so just curious.

I went to school in Columbus Class of 1990

My hubby grew up in Hilliard. He went to Catholic school. Also CO 1990.

I went to school in Columbus Class of 1990

My hubby grew up in Hilliard. He went to Catholic school. Also CO 1990.

well that would have been just too coincidental! they all went to Hilliard HS...had 5 kids, grew up on Bradford Dr.....

Anyhow, can't wait for more of your review!

well that would have been just too coincidental! they all went to Hilliard HS...had 5 kids, grew up on Bradford Dr.....

Anyhow, can't wait for more of your review!

That would have been a big coincident. I am being way too slow getting this review done. I have to share the laptop with my kids since 1 of them spilled a cup of milk onto my laptp and it is now DOA.

Thursday was our day in Roatan. What a beautiful Island.

cruise2012400.jpg

We spent the day with Victor Bodden Tours. Our driver was Tex. He was great. We saw a lot of the island. The twins zip lined at Victor’s. We saw the animals there

cruise2012454.jpg

cruise2012462.jpg

and then we had a very short visit to the beach.

cruise2012522.jpg

cruise2012524.jpg

Once again Sawyer did not enjoy being in the cage with monkeys jumping all around. The rest of us enjoyed this. The twins loved the zip line. The beach was beautiful. It was at the Mayan Princess Resort. My only complaint was that this port stop is way too short.

That night was elegant night #2. We got dressed up again and enjoyed a nice dinner. Most of us had the filet.

The monkeys at Victor's will jump on you and look for goodies in your bags, pockets, etc. They took our water and opened it up to drink it. We thought it was cute and let them. The birds took apart my hubby's hat. They thought the button on the top was a treat. They dropped it when they discovered that it was not. It was hot so the beach was a nice relief. I think the zip line took too long because we only had about an hour left before we headed back. We did have some time to shop at Mahogany Bay. On the beach the people hawking their wares were all over us. Sometime a polite no thank you was not enough. We did buy a hammock on the beach and in the shops I bought a vase and my son got a mask.

cruise2012526.jpg

cruise2012446.jpg

cruise2012450.jpg

6-18-2012_016.jpg

cruise2012480.jpg

Archived