Dolphins, Monkeys and Stingrays Oh My! A June 10 Legend Review

KRW71

We awoke Friday morning filled with anticipation and excitement. This is the day that we fly to Tampa from Columbus. This will be our first time on a plane since our honeymoon in 1997 and the first time period for our three sons. My mom and step dad met us at the airport and soon we were flying to the sunshine state.

cruise2012001.jpg

cruise2012003.jpg

We landed in Florida to rain but that did not dampen our spirits one bit. We stayed at Holiday Inn Rocky Point. The shuttle service worked out great and the rooms were fine for our two-night stay. Friday night we ate at Bahama Breeze. My brother joined us for dinner. He is stationed in Tampa, teaching/training for the Army. He is special forces and that impresses my son Austin to all ends. Poor uncle Chad was questioned to death by him.

cruise2012004.jpg

cruise2012005.jpg

Saturday the rain cleared. We took the shuttle to International Mall and then to a very small not so great beach. We could not get in the water due to bacteria. ICK.

cruise2012007.jpg

We let the boys run around and then went back to the hotel for dinner and a swim. The rest of our group arrived while we were at dinner. They all made their way over to Bahama Breeze. The boys were super excited to see the rest of the family.

Here is our group: me (Krista) 41, hubby (Matt) 40, Austin 12, Nathan 12, Sawyer 3

Mom (61), step dad (51)

Hubby’s siblings: Lisa (55), Lou (56) and her SO Rose, Mark (53) and daughter McKenzie (21), Mike (47) and his 3 sons (Nick 15, Josh 11, Ben 9), Suz (4?) her hubby, Ed (4?) and their 3 kids (Melanie 22, Edward 19, Melanie 12) Yes folks that makes 21.

Sunday. Cruise day!!!!!!!!!!!! After over 2 years of planning it was finally here. If I could do cartwheels I would have done them all the way to the port but I can’t so I took the shuttle instead. We got the earliest one, 11am others were on the noon and 1pm shuttles. Everyone made it the ship just fine.

CanivalLegend007-1.jpg

Check in went very smooth we waited in line for about a half hour and then waked right on. I love walking on and taking a moment to take it all in. The Legend atrium, and whole ship is very nice. We went to guest services to request our balcony dividers be opened. We had 3 cabins in a row. Having them opened made for a nice long balcony. The dividers were opened on the 1st sea day.:)

We then went to the Lido deck for lunch. I can’t believe we are here!!!

Thanks everyone. I am working on it. We leave tomorrow for Cedar Pont, so busy packing again.

With our embarkation photo, I just wish my little guy's eyes wern't closed.

Which beach did you go to that was closed? Since we live in the area, I am more curious than anything. BTW, I grew up in Ohio, so I know the Cedar Point trip will be a blast for the kids. Hope you enjoy. We're on the Legend for our second time on July 1.

I just subscribed and am looking forward to reading the rest as you post!

I was born and raised in Ohio and love Cedar Point:)

Question for you please... Wondering about your experience with using the shuttle from the hotel to the port. Was it included in the cost of the room or was it an extra charge? Did you also have shuttle transport back to the hotel from the port at the end of the cruise? Also, was the shuttle service timely and well organized?

I appreciate any information you can share. Thanks so much:)

I'm home from Cedar Point. Another great trip.

The shuttle from Holiday Inn Rocky Point is included in the Cruise package cost. We had a shuttle from airport to hotel, Hotel tom port and port to airport. It also takes you to places within 5 miles. It worked out great for us.

Hoping to continue trip report soon. Photobucket messed up my picture organization.

Our cabins were ready so we went to check them out. We had connecting cabins, 5253 and 5257. My mom and SD were next to us in 5249. We put the 3 boys in 1 cabin and were right there on the other side of the door. It worked out great and made it feel like a 2 room suite. Some others were down the hall and others were up a deck.

004.jpg

cruise2012624.jpg

Our luggage started to arrive piece by piece. We unpacked and low and behold all of our goodies made it through. High fives!!!! We had 1 large rumrunner, 1 small runner, and 4 various other containers. We also brought on 2 bottles of wine. We also carried on pop and water. We did not drink all that we brought. We took the extras home and gave our unopened wine and water to Melvin, our room steward. My SD also had some goodies. His suitcase was pulled for inspection and had a note inside, right on top of his goodies. High fives!!!! No judgment, we spent plenty in the bars. We just used it for drinks in the cabin.

Muster drill was hot and my hubby and Sawyer went to the wrong muster station. DH followed his brother to his station. Oh well.

VID00070.jpg

We all went to dinner in the MDR. We had 3 tables next to each other and 1 not anywhere close. My BIL, Mike, used a TA. We were all linked but he was the only one not with the group for dinner. We just mixed it up each night. I had the Shrimp dish and liked it very much.

cruise2012021-1.jpg

cruise2012018-1.jpg

Later some of us went to the show. The kids played games, cards, explored the ship till about 11 or 12. SIL watched Sawyer for us. Lisa does not like shows, lots of people or loudness. Is she really related to my hubby? We all enjoyed the show and the free drinks they hand out during it.

036.jpg

Just seeing if you were paying attention Ha Ha.

Which beach did you go to that was closed? Since we live in the area, I am more curious than anything. BTW, I grew up in Ohio, so I know the Cedar Point trip will be a blast for the kids. Hope you enjoy. We're on the Legend for our second time on July 1.

We went to Ben Davis beach. It was the only one the shuttle could take us to. Very small, not that great but the kids could run around for awhile and there was a bar there, forget the name, and we got some drinks before going back to the hotel.

Cedar Point is a family tradition for us. Both my hubby and I have been going yearly since we were babies. My mom also went there as a young child. We have season passes and take our kids now. My youngest loves it more than anything else in the world. Watch the end of this vid. to see what he says. Funny

th_100_0065.jpg

Monday was a Fun day at sea. We slept in and then ate breakfast up at the buffet. Call me crazy but I don’t mind buffets at all for breakfast and lunch. Sawyer spent time with his aunt and the twins spent the day with their cousins.

cruise2012038.jpg

cruise2012042.jpg

Matt and I went to the pool and explored the ship some more. We loved our time alone with no kids even if was just a couple of hours. That night was elegant night. We got all gussied up and went to dinner. Yea Lobster and shrimp. Yummy dinner. Call me crazy again but I like the singing waiters. I think it’s fun. Maybe if I cruised all the time it would become old but since this was my 1st cruise since 1997, it was not old to me.

WorkmanFamily-StaircasePhoto-1.jpg

CanivalLegend004-1.jpg

CanivalLegend006.jpg

Archived