Have you eaten at Steak House since increase?

tammi0916

Just wondering if anyone has eaten at the steakhouse since the increase - I am looking to find out if they honored the $30 rate if you booked prior to the June date?

How does the steakhouse know you should be charged $30 vs $ 35 dollars?

Thanks!

Tam

My guess would be if you booked prior to the price increase and you had a confirmation~

I have my confirmation from Feb and also a print out of John Heald's FB note saying they would honor it.

My question was do I need to tell them or will they automatically know. We are traveling with a large group and didnt want to have to go thru the hassle when the bill comes in...

We love our cruises, but I can blow their steak away on my grill at home, so we just eat in the MDR..

I have never had steak as good as I had on the Spirit steakhouse~ anywhere & that includes Fleming Steakhouse where I had to pay $30 for just my steak alone! It cut like butter~ didn't even need a steak knife and the flavor was amazing~! Well worth the price to me.

I have my confirmation from Feb and also a print out of John Heald's FB note saying they would honor it.

My question was do I need to tell them or will they automatically know. We are traveling with a large group and didnt want to have to go thru the hassle when the bill comes in...

I would speak to the manager at the Steakhouse prior to getting the bill~ just so there is no confusion~

We cruised on the maiden voyage of the Breeze. We ate at the steakhouse three times during the cruise and all were booked prior to the change. They knew this and honored the original pricing. I will still eat tthere at $35 as we believe it is that good.

I have no "dog" in this fight, as I have never sailed on Carnival, and obviously have not dined in their steak house. I am also not a steak eater, but I have eaten some prime stuff also! :p

However, based on what I have read here, let me ask this:

How does it compare to places like Morton's or Ruth's Chris or Peter Luger, or Delmonico's for the money?

What is it now, $35 per person, plus booze and gratuity?

At Delmonico's a boneless rib eye is $46. A double porterhouse is $95. That's just the main course.

I would easily double that $35 for the venues I mentioned above, and I don't need to like steak to say that. It all depends on how good the food and service is.

So, is the steak house worth $35 + booze and gratuity? You tell me, as I have no clue!

Of course, you can compare it to "Outback" also if Ruth's Chris and Morton's are not places you have been to!

I have no "dog" in this fight, as I have never sailed on Carnival, and obviously have not dined in their steak house. I am also not a steak eater, but I have eaten some prime stuff also! :p

How does it compare to places like Morton's or Ruth's Chris or Peter Luger, or Delmonico's for the money?

At Delmonico's a boneless rib eye is $46. A double porterhouse is $95. That's just the main course.

I would easily double that $35 for the venues I mentioned above, and I don't need to like steak to say that. It all depends on how good the food and service is.

So, is the steak house worth $35 + booze and gratuity? You tell me, as I have no clue!

Of course, you can compare it to "Outback" also if Ruth's Chris and Morton's are not places you have been to!

I would compare favorable to Mortons or Ruth Chris not been to the others. Also the $35 covers apps, all sides and dessert.

We sailed on the Glory last week and they honored the $30 rate for us without even asking. We ate in the steakhouse the first night so we also got the free bottle of wine (which was delicious!). The $35 also includes the gratuity, but you do have the option to add more if you so chose.

We sailed on the Glory last week and they honored the $30 rate for us without even asking. We ate in the steakhouse the first night so we also got the free bottle of wine (which was delicious!). The $35 also includes the gratuity, but you do have the option to add more if you so chose.

Was there any changes to the service with the rate increase?

I too would speak with the manager. Did all the people in the group prebook earlier? Are they all eligible for the reduced rate ? Or just some of you ??

Also, lots of times with groups some others may "add" on ...they then will probably get charged the $35 rate <sigh>

Make sure that the bill is correct before you sign it JMO

(and...I will say it again...I personally would never tip in the steakhouse...the fee was meant to be the tip when they started this...

and now they raised the price yet again. The fee is the tip always was and still is)

The $35 also includes the gratuity. We had amazing service for our full 5+ courses they served. Well worth the increase.

I agree....it does include the gratuity. Do they now say that or list it on the menu or??

So did you eat in the steakhouse before, and find the service better now...or was this your first time?? thanks

I too would speak with the manager. Did all the people in the group prebook earlier? Are they all eligible for the reduced rate ? Or just some of you ??

Also, lots of times with groups some others may "add" on ...they then will probably get charged the $35 rate <sigh>

Make sure that the bill is correct before you sign it JMO

(and...I will say it again...I personally would never tip in the steakhouse...the fee was meant to be the tip when they started this...

and now they raised the price yet again. The fee is the tip always was and still is)

HI Esty,

We have both posted on gratuity threads and on this one I disagree. I ate in the steakhouse twice on the Miracle last month and the first evening the service was so over the top I actually added a little to the tab at the end. The second night was very good but not great so I let it ride. If service exceeds my expectations my tips reflect that. But to each his own you are absolutely correct in the fee was meant to be the tip and no one needs to feel obligated to tip over the $35 fee.

I have never had steak as good as I had on the Spirit steakhouse~ anywhere & that includes Fleming Steakhouse where I had to pay $30 for just my steak alone! It cut like butter~ didn't even need a steak knife and the flavor was amazing~! Well worth the price to me.

I would speak to the manager at the Steakhouse prior to getting the bill~ just so there is no confusion~

Just off the Spirit for Easter, in fact Easter dinner in steakhouse..steak was good., but other things bad in the steakhouse..all different levels of cold, not fresh mushrooms or spinich in salad etc..but i think in places like Texas and Montana..we really do have access to relatively amazing prime meat and can do it over the coals like not one else..i like the old have a drink wait for the coals evening of it..Sarah

Two gread dinners. in main.....the stacked short rib, more like Pot roast and thinner tenderloin dinner in dining room, and the Prime rib I was able to have last night...was also on formal night ..but had something else then...

Not close to Morton's or Ruth Christ, but very nice, and worth the price which includes the gratuity. People seem to automatically improve the quality because it is on a ship. The atmosphere does not come close to Morton's Fleming's or Ruth Christ.

Archived