NEW to Princess - Questions about suites on Caribbean Princess

Tom-n-Cheryl

We have many days at sea, but have yet to try Princess. One thing I DON'T care for about Carnival is that there are virtually NO perks for suite guests, we have been pleased with our experiences on both Celebrity and NCL in that regard - to be sure!

We are looking at the Caribbean Princess sailing for this Thanksgiving, and I am unsure about the pros/cons of three of the remaining classes of suites left on that sailing... PH, PS, and VS.

From a price standpoint, there is little difference. What I am interested in would be the voice of experience. I have read a couple of reviews about different cabins. Evidently the largest is the PS, but it is at the front of the ship so I would imagine the balcony is windy when at sea. Also, it is under the gym and some have reported noise from people running on the treadmills above. There are the PH cabins, many on Riviera deck - though I understand that there are noise issues from Lido deck above, and two aft PH cabins are still up for grabs. Finally there are a couple of aft VS cabins, though the Princess website indicates that there are support beams (obstructions).

So, can anyone detail what the current suite perks are and their opinion of the pros/cons of the remaining cabins?

THANKS!

Tom

The aft suite would be my choice. There is a thread with some pictures we took in an aft suite on the diamond. The obstruction they talk of really will not bother. Well it certainly didn't bother us.:D We booked another one for next April

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=309139

scroll right down to the bottom

Check out the threads suggested and do a search because there have been many threads lately about aft cabins - the wake noise, motion, etc. You will either love them or hate them.

I would never book at front one because we use the balcony all the time and you can't because of the wind.

I thought A751 rang a bell with me ... we were in that suite several years ago. My only complaint (and honestly, how can you complain about a suite!!) was the occasional banging on a door from the above deck. I think the door went out to the aft pool and it wasn't really a problem, just something that startled me.

Yes, that balcony is quite awesome without any kind of beam. I don't remember the vent being an issue at that time. Just an FYI, we've also stayed on the Dolphin deck in a VS WITH the beam, and it wasn't that big a deal either.

Enjoy the suite life!!

I thought A751 rang a bell with me ... we were in that suite several years ago. My only complaint (and honestly, how can you complain about a suite!!) was the occasional banging on a door from the above deck. I think the door went out to the aft pool and it wasn't really a problem, just something that startled me.

Yes, that balcony is quite awesome without any kind of beam. I don't remember the vent being an issue at that time. Just an FYI, we've also stayed on the Dolphin deck in a VS WITH the beam, and it wasn't that big a deal either.

Enjoy the suite life!!

Thanks!

Yes, I had C751 booked (VS) and was told that balcony was 11x6' (big difference)! It sure pays to research!!

Tom

Archived