Serial door bangers

Whatever does smoking on the balcony have to do with this thread?

It's just part of the emergence of "inconsiderate nation".

You suggested it by saying that the reason doors get slammed is:

Actually a significant portion of them don't know. These are the hearing impaired guests who you overhear talking in their "outside voices" in the dining room.

I say baloney, Most are just people completely oblivious to their slamming.

If one had a medical condition for their eyes would you cut a bit of slack so they can smoke pot on their balcony. (NOT!!)

A slamming door is a slamming door and smoke on the balcony is smoke on the balcony.

I don't care what excuse callous fellow passengers have for it.

Sometimes you just have to get up and slam your door a couple of times (once the slammer is in their room) and get the point across. Do it twice so it's obviously not a normal door closing.

On our recent Med cruise on the Silhouette on of our neighbors had this "problem" and I am proud to say they were quite considerate after a few "corrective" slams on my part.

I'm sure they are nice people, just oblivious to the effect of their obliviousness.

Sometimes you just have to get up and slam your door a couple of times (once the slammer is in their room) and get the point across. Do it twice so it's obviously not a normal door closing.

On our recent Med cruise on the Silhouette on of our neighbors had this "problem" and I am proud to say they were quite considerate after a few "corrective" slams on my part.

I'm sure they are nice people, just oblivious to the effect of their obliviousness.

Were they hard of herring? :D:p

pic34_herring.jpg

This is so true. DH is very nice but he is the oblivious kind to many things. He is oblivious to how he closes doors and he is oblivious to how others close their doors too. He is in a dream world of his own - his own actions nor the action of others interfere. :) I am just the opposite. I try to not slam doors and I really notice if there are door slammers. It would do no good if someone told DH he was letting the door slam. He would try to be considerate and may remember the next time he closes it but then he would quickly forget after that. That's why if we are together when we exit the room I close the door. I try to remember there are people like my husband in this world ......

We had wallmates who slammed their door a lot. I wish I'd thought to bring pre-rinted sticky notes to put on the doors nearest ours that said, 'Please close your door quietly and we will do the same. Thanks.' Maybe that would help.

What a great idea! We haven't had a problem on any Celebrity cruises, but I lost it last fall on a Carnival cruise. Not only did our neighbors tend to open, and let slam, their balcony door five or six times in a row multiple times a day, they also smoked so much we couldn't stand to be on our balcony. Halfway through the cruise, our room reeked of smoke. When I went to guest services to complain, I was told it was their right to do as they please with their balcony. When I replied I had the right to be able to breathe on my balcony and in my stateroom, the lady just stared at me.

The door bangers are bad, but the people above your cabin that stomp around like they have lead feet early in the morning are worse...

I LIVED in an apartment below lead-footed door slammers for 4 long years. I used to lie in bed late at night, listening to the stomping and planning my revenge. I never took any action, though I should have. I believe foot stompers and door slammers are both just that way and will never change.

I have notice a lot of slamming and I never thought it was the doors. I thought it was from the headboards. :D

Never thought that someone would slam the doors at that pace. :confused:

Archived