Epic Med- Rome Q for recent returnees

conandrob240

We are touring Rome for the day. There is a lot to see and I would prefer to be right off the ship as soon as I can in that port. There is an underground tour at the colosseum I'd like to do that starts at 9:45 am. The other midday times would make us have to choose between the Vatican and ancient Rome and we want to do both.

So, can any recent returnees please tell me what time you were allowed off the ship?

We debarked in Rome, we were the first ones off at 7:30. Then we had to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up, it took about 15 mins. We dragged our luggage over and were on the 8:10 train. I think it was 8:10, though I might be thinking about the Livorno train for the time. At any rate it was about that time.

Vic

On June 20th, quite a crowd had gathered, but we were let off just a few minutes after 7:30am.

The Civitavecchia station is walking distance. Without luggage to slow you down, you should be able to walk it in 10 minutes or so.

It's a busy morning, since some are disembarking with luggage to end their trip, but most are Barcelona to Barcelona and are just headed to sightsee.

Be first in line, have a plan B, and good luck!

Hey upon thinking about this, I remembered there was a NCL shuttle from a point beyond the train station that we had to get on to go to the ship.

SORRY! forgot about that shuttle trip.

So as others noted, you would have to take the shuttle to the edge of the port, then walk to the train station.

Your TA or NCL can give you the info.

We have cruised in and out of Rome a number of times on various cruise lines. Have found it can vary depending on the day of arrival, i.e., Sundays may be later than other days.

We have generally gotten off somewhere between 7:30 am and 8:30 am. We generally book a private car service for pick up at 9:00 am.

Archived