Tips for Packing Formal Wear?

Well after months of planning, we'll be leaving for the first leg of our cruise adventure in just 3 days!! :D The Mr. & I are really looking forward to the formal nights (although we might be in the minority!) :eek: I've got two dresses. One is ankle length and the other is knee length. Any ideas on how to pack them to receive the minimum amount of wrinkles???? I suppose ironing them would be an option, but because of the materials and the length of the one, I'd rather not.... Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer!

Put them in a drycleaning bag or the store bags.....put on top of all your other stuff, right before you close the suitcase. Fold over only as much as needed. The plastic allows the fabric to "slide" and it won't wrinkle. Hang as soon as you can unpack.

Most things won't wrinkle at all...and if there are minor wrinkles, they will hang out. No worries!

I agree with the plastic dry-cleaning bags! That worked for us.

Can you bring a garment bag? We put the suits and my 2 floor length dresses in the garment bag (wrapped in plastic dry-cleaning bags).

For my shorter dresses I packed them in the suitcase very carefully at the end with the plastic layered in between and was very gentle with the straps to hold the contents in place.

We were shocked out how well the items turned out!

If you don't have dry-cleaning or shopping bags, use tissue paper (the kind you put in gifts, not for blowing your nose!!)...anything that allows the material to slide a bit, will help prevent wrinkling.

My formal wear goes into a garmmetn bag with my H's tux. They are the last thing to be packed and the first thing to be unpacked and hung up.

We look forward to formal nights too.

Enjoy your cruise:)

My formal wear goes into a garmmetn bag with my H's tux. They are the last thing to be packed and the first thing to be unpacked and hung up.

We look forward to formal nights too.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Thanks! We are super excited. If the actual cruise is half as fun as the planning and anticipation has been, it will be a FAB vacation!! :D

Archived