Rccl stock

Just purchased RCCL Stock.

Have booked a 7 night cruise on Celebrity for 1/5/2013 & a 14 night cruise on Celebrity for 1/26/2013.

Notified RCCL Shareholder Dept & sent in proof of purchase, along with information on cruises booked. How will I know if I quilified for OBC???

Will they advise by mail, e-mail, or do I have to wait until I'm on the above cruises to check?????

Just purchased RCCL Stock.

Have booked a 7 night cruise on Celebrity for 1/5/2013 & a 14 night cruise on Celebrity for 1/26/2013.

Notified RCCL Shareholder Dept & sent in proof of purchase, along with information on cruises booked. How will I know if I quilified for OBC???

Will they advise by mail, e-mail, or do I have to wait until I'm on the above cruises to check?????

I usually send the request by email, and they respond within a day or two. You could probably send an email to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and inquire about the status of your request.

In addition to getting a confirmation from the shareholder folks, I always request Royal's "Guest Copy" of my booking confirmation a few days after I get the confirmation from the shareholder people. You request this from whoever booked your cruise. There should be a coded line item on the booking confirmation that reflects the shareholder OBC.

I usually send the request by email, and they respond within a day or two. You could probably send an email to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and inquire about the status of your request.

In addition to getting a confirmation from the shareholder folks, I always request Royal's "Guest Copy" of my booking confirmation a few days after I get the confirmation from the shareholder people. You request this from whoever booked your cruise. There should be a coded line item on the booking confirmation that reflects the shareholder OBC.

Thanks for info....

This month I sent in a request for credit on three upcoming cruises. Six days later, I got an email saying they aapplied credit for the first cruise....unfortunately, they did not even acknowledge the other two requests. I sent another email. hopefully I will hear back soon.

I wouldn't consider RCL stock a buy right now, unless we have a huge change in oil prices and the global economy. Not sure when you'll see $50 a share again. Yeah, ya' get some benefits, but I don't own stock for that reason. Ya' better do the math. I own both RCL and CCL stock. I was lucky to unload some CCL stock in pre-market at a gain after I heard about Concordia! That was sheer luck!

While I do believe in buying stock in companies whose products you use, especially if you get some other benefit, let's remember that RCL stock closed at $23.89 today. Sure, it was once at $50 or so, it was also at $8.00 or so, and that could happen again. Oil prices or a ship accident could send it to the bottom. I just hope you didn't put much into it and got more benefits from it, as long as it stays close to what you paid.

I don't play the market for cruise benefits, and neither should you.

It's not that great a chart, but you can look at the "candle sticks" too if you want. You'll need to figure out what they are and how to find them and what they mean. ;)

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:RCL

I wouldn't consider RCL stock a buy right now, unless we have a huge change in oil prices and the global economy. Not sure when you'll see $50 a share again. Yeah, ya' get some benefits, but I don't own stock for that reason. Ya' better do the math. I own both RCL and CCL stock. I was lucky to unload some CCL stock in pre-market at a gain after I heard about Concordia! That was sheer luck!

While I do believe in buying stock in companies whose products you use, especially if you get some other benefit, let's remember that RCL stock closed at $23.89 today. Sure, it was once at $50 or so, it was also at $8.00 or so, and that could happen again. Oil prices or a ship accident could send it to the bottom. I just hope you didn't put much into it and got more benefits from it, as long as it stays close to what you paid.

I don't play the market for cruise benefits, and neither should you.

It's not that great a chart, but you can look at the "candle sticks" too if you want. You'll need to figure out what they are and how to find them and what they mean. ;)

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:RCL

I think you may have mis-read the original post :confused: :rolleyes:

###

I think you may have mis-read the original post :confused: :rolleyes:

###

No, I did not mis-read it. RCI owns Celebrity. DO NOT BUY STOCK IN A CRUISE LINE FOR SOME CRUISE DISCOUNT!

Any questions? ;)

I will also give you :rolleyes::eek::cool:

There we go.

Also, all in good fun. Heck, I get Diamond status on RCI due to my cruises with Celebrity. Buying the stock is a different ball game!

I wouldn't consider RCL stock a buy right now. . .

I don't play the market for cruise benefits, and neither should you. quote]

The OP did not ask for investment advise--only particulars of checking on the shareholder benefit. :eek::eek::eek:

Um...I'm well aware of that! How did I respond?

"I don't play the market for cruise benefits"

Any question?

Ya' wanna buy RCL stock for some cruise benefit, fine, it's your money, but do your homework!

Otherwise, it might not work out as a net sum gain.

Get it?

Maybe not.

Oy! getting too old for this!:cool:

the OP just bought the stock, so the op probably does not want that investment advice right now. the op did not say they bought the stock FOR the shareholder benefit...the op may well believe in the company. I hope the op gets the credit and enjoys the cruises.

It is the attitude.--The OP asked a simple question that may be useful to other CC members.

Attitude? I think not. Regardless (or "irregardless" for those that use it), a comment is a comment, and I'm allowed to make it. I am not trying to condemn the OP. Maybe the OP did the math and it made sense; that's fine, I'm just telling folks to do it first.

The reality is: Aside from the OP, other folks read these posts. We all try to contribute something. All I basically said was NOT to buy cruise line stock for some cruise benefit unless you do the math. How the cruise line handles such a transaction is another issue.

Maybe someone else got something from my advice- ya' never know!

My personal opinion is that the stock is not a good buy right now, and that any cruise benefit could be wiped out. However, if you can buy just one share and get the benefit then that's a different story. Again, I own the bloody stock, and a lot more than one share, and I did not buy it for a cruise benefit.

Obviously, advice is worth what you pay for it. :D

Maybe someone else got something from my advice- ya' never know!

I got something from your advice & thank you for sharing it! I regretted not buying 100 shares when it was down to $5.40! I recently started watching RCL again & really isn't doing much....Sorry that you got pounced on for your sound advice.

I got something from your advice & thank you for sharing it! I regretted not buying 100 shares when it was down to $5.40! I recently started watching RCL again & really isn't doing much....Sorry that you got pounced on for your sound advice.

I bought it at not much more than that! Thanks for your kind remarks, and not worried about being pounced on. I just tried to mean well.

Again, it's not a buy right now. Is what it is.

It's not a buy right now. Is what it is.

Almost as silly as taking investment advice from a stranger on the internet, at a cruise site at that, is giving investment advice to strangers on the internet, at a cruise site at that.

It's all speculation.....for ANY and ALL stock buying.

I bought it at not much more than that! Thanks for your kind remarks, and not worried about being pounced on. I just tried to mean well.

Again, it's not a buy right now. Is what it is.

I know the OP didn't ask for investment advise, but I'd like to respond to the other poster's recommendation to not buy. I disagree completely. The stock has been battered as of late and is certainly no where near its high of $49.99 not too long ago. However, RCCL is a very sound company with ridiculous growth potential (mostly in other markets). I don't recommend buying this stock as a short-term investment, but as a long-term investment I really don't see how you can lose -- especially when you factor in yield (dividend payments), and the OBC (which to me counts as an immediate return on investment). Again, I'm not necessarily trying to give investment advise as much as I felt the need to respectfully disagree with loubetti.

Archived