Number Of Bags Per Person???

Is there a limit to the number of bags we are allowed to take on board??? We have 2 suitcases, two garment bags, 2 carry ons and 1 bag with our snorkel gear in it. Is this a problem? I know we can put most of it under the bed but is there a restriction for the cruise? Are the Garment bags, check in or carry on?

Also does any body know if there are CD players in the "normal rooms" or do we need to bring a CD Player to listen to at night?

Are the safes in the rooms also?

BTW We are on the Sovereign of the Seas and we leave in the morning:D . Thanks!!!

You are fine with your luggage and you will want to check in the garment bags. I would suggest to you that you bring along a small overnight bag with a change of clothes and anything you cant go without in case your bags get delayed arriving at your cabin.

Safes are in all cabins.

I believe there are no CD players.

You're kidding. For a 4 night cruise you need all that? Even for a 7 night, you would be over packed. You'll see.

I know, I know:rolleyes: , its sounds like a lot but one of the backpacks has our electronics, example- digital camera, a portable CD player and CD's in it. The other bag has our snorkeling gear in it (I don't want to put my mouth where others have, :eek: ). We have my suit and some hanging clothes in a small garment bag and my wife has a couple of dresses in her garment bag. Then we have 1 carry on and 2 suitcases.

I know it sounds like a lot but it is just spread out in little bags. We do not travel alot so we do not have large suitcases.

You won't want to carry your luggage with you. All carry-ons go through an x-ray machine just like at an airport, so there are size limits as to what can actually be carried on. Also, there will be alot of waiting in lines, going up stairs, etc. Check as much stuff with the porters. Try and have only one small carry-on with a change of clothes in it and any of your valuables, meds. etc. When you'll be able to get into your cabins depends on the ship, how quickly the last set of passengers cleared out, etc. Especially if you arrive early, you can't guarantee that you'll be able to get into your cabin immediately after you arrive.

Carry the digital camera, CD's, and other electronics on board with you. Check clothes and toiletries. Depending on how valuable your snorkeling gear is you can either check it or carry it on. I would suggest that you pack so that you can check most of your luggage taking only necessities and valuables with you. Enjoy your cruise! :)

You may seriously want to consider bringing LESS stuff with you, but if you do, do not check the electronics, but they must be in small enough bags to fit through the x-ray machines (like in an airport, but actually have a slightly larger opening).

LOCK whatever you check, you can do that on ships.

There are NO CD players in the regular cabins.

You "technically" can't get into your cabin until after 1pm, but I've never had a problem dropping off my carry-on bag there. Actually there was only one time that the cabin wasn't ready at noon, but that time they didn't care that I put my bag in the cabin before going up to the Windjammer.

Archived