getting to Warwick and John Smith Beachs

S.S.Oceanlover

You can take the #7 bus and ask the driver to stop at Warwick Bay. It's just past Horseshoe Bay. The other option is to go to Horseshoe Bay and just walk to Warwick. I'm not sure where John Smith is but I imagine one of the bus lines goes there.

Thanks for the info. We are trying to avoid Horseshoe since they are having beachfest there the week we are there.

Bill

It's a long, long haul from Dockyard to John Smiths, which is a pity because it's a nice beach.

You would have to get a bus or ferry into Hamilton, then catch the no. 1 bus which stops right by the beach. But ... the ferry runs every 30 or 60 mins and takes 20+ mins, then it's a short walk to the bus station; the no 1 runs every 30 mins and takes a good 30 mins to get to the beach - you could easily spend a couple of hours each way on the journey. Mind you, it would take me an hour to drive it and a taxi would cost probably over $60 each way.

If you're in Dockyard when the St George's ferry is running, it's quicker to catch that (the ferry ride alone is worth it) and then go to Tobacco Bay or Gates Beach (by Fort St Catherine) - the latter has the benefit that you can pop into Blackbeards for a refreshing drink or delicious lunch - it's my favorite spot on the island.

Archived