Porters - Miami

Devmegsmum

We live a long drive away so we always carry our luggage on so that we can carry our luggage off and get on the road quicker. We don't carry too much. One rolling piece for me and one for my hubby is all we do.

Thanks!

What? Check your bag with the porter. It still comes to your cabin, and you can still walk off with it when you disembark.

What? Check your bag with the porter. It still comes to your cabin, and you can still walk off with it when you disembark.

True, then you don't lug it around waiting for your cabin to ope.

But there are plusses too. Your luggage arrives in a timely manner and doesn't get all smooshed:D

True, then you don't lug it around waiting for your cabin to ope.

But there are plusses too. Your luggage arrives in a timely manner and doesn't get all smooshed:D

We have found that Carnival is rough on luggage.

Does Carnival have early disembarkation? On our previous cruises, MSC and Princess, early disembarkation was available to those who could carry off their on luggage with no assistance. We were among the first ones off the ship and were on the road in no time.

We have a 9 hour drive home. The sooner that we get on the road, the sooner we get home.

Don't like the porter extortion game. In most cases, they are merely moving the bags a few feet to a luggage pallet and for that, they are entitled to salary plus $4 for something that takes maybe 30 seconds?

I look forward to going to Seattle's Pier 91 this sunday. When you arrive, there is luggage check in right next to the entrance, just toss your bags in and go- no porters to "help" you with your bags- very simple process, the easiest port to cruise from.

Don't like the porter extortion game. In most cases, they are merely moving the bags a few feet to a luggage pallet and for that, they are entitled to salary plus $4 for something that takes maybe 30 seconds?

I look forward to going to Seattle's Pier 91 this sunday. When you arrive, there is luggage check in right next to the entrance, just toss your bags in and go- no porters to "help" you with your bags- very simple process, the easiest port to cruise from.

Wow how did the porters union allow this to happen. They hate such efficiency.icon7.gif

Does Carnival have early disembarkation? On our previous cruises, MSC and Princess, early disembarkation was available to those who could carry off their on luggage with no assistance. We were among the first ones off the ship and were on the road in no time.

We have a 9 hour drive home. The sooner that we get on the road, the sooner we get home.

Yes. Those that want to carry their own bags off the ship get to be the first people called to disembark. On Carnival this is called "Self-Assist".

We do this all the time as we also have a long drive home.

Have $ ready for tipping. The porters are rude as hell. They make no bones about it, they want their money.

and that's why I don't say a word and hand over my tipping money... its not worth the risk of them doing something to my luggage over a buck or two :eek:

and that's why I don't say a word and hand over my tipping money... its not worth the risk of them doing something to my luggage over a buck or two :eek:

A shame that they can get away with this. Lots of needy people could make better use of what we give away via extortion.

Wow nice thing you did. Unfortunately the porters do almost nothing for their tips but the people on the ship do all the work and get no tips. Strange system.

If you bring your bags into the terminal they don't do a whole lot. Otherwise they meet you at the curb put your luggage on their carts, pull them into the terminal and unload them into the big bins. (that was a fast $50. Now the guys on the ship work like dogs and sometimes we just complain because the elevators are tied up, but tey get nothing extra. Same on embarkation.

Archived