New to Celebrity...a couple of questions

Ginnyfyr

The hubby and I will be booking tomorrow for the Sept 2nd sailing on the Summit to Bermuda. Super excited about this as we spent a day in Bermuda last spring and fell in love with the place! This will be our 6th cruise but first time with Celebrity so I have a couple of questions for you experienced Xers. 1 - how much is the daily tip charge, and do we have to pre-pay or is it added on at the end of the week? We're hoping to book a veranda room; not sure if that affects the amount of daily tips or not. 2 - as this is a 6 night sailing, how many formal nights will there be? 3 - does Celebrity offer some version of "anytime" dining or is it just the traditional 6 & 8 pm seatings? Thanks so much for sharing your expertise ;)

Hi....You will love Celebrity !!

Attached is the gratuity breakdown from the Celebrity website:

How much do I pay in gratuities?

For your convenience, Celebrity Cruises can add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard Celebrity SeaPass® account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion: $11.50 per person per day for guests in staterooms ($12.00 per person per day for guests in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms and $15.00 per person per day for guests in Suites). These service gratuities are based on the following recommended amounts:

Restaurant Service* Per Person Per Day

Waiter $3.65

Assistant Waiter $2.10

Dining Room Management $1.00

Stateroom Service* Per Person Per Day

Butler (Suites Only) $3.50

Stateroom Service $3.50 ($4.00 for Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms)

Alternative Service*

Other Service Personnel $1.25

Beverage Service personnel are acknowledged with a 15% service charge that will be automatically added to the bill. Additional gratuities may be added to the bill at your discretion.

There will be one(1) formal night on a six night sailing...and yes, Celebrity has Select Dining (their name for anytime dining). Be advised, that if you choose Select Dining, then your gratuities have to be pre-paid, instead of added to your cruise account on a daily basis.

Hope this helps !

Woody

Fantastic! Thanks so much, Woody! We've done anytime dining on Princess and Royal Caribbean and enjoy the flexibility, so we're used to pre-paying the tips. I can't wait till our TA is back in her office tomorrow morning so we can officially book!

Ooh, just thought of another question that my Google/CC searches have yet to answer. The showers in the bathrooms, do they have a shower curtain or a door? We've been spoiled our last couple of Princess cruises and have had full shower/tub combos so it's been a while since I've had to endure a shower curtain attack on a cruise, lol.

Fantastic! Thanks so much, Woody! We've done anytime dining on Princess and Royal Caribbean and enjoy the flexibility, so we're used to pre-paying the tips. I can't wait till our TA is back in her office tomorrow morning so we can officially book!

Ooh, just thought of another question that my Google/CC searches have yet to answer. The showers in the bathrooms, do they have a shower curtain or a door? We've been spoiled our last couple of Princess cruises and have had full shower/tub combos so it's been a while since I've had to endure a shower curtain attack on a cruise, lol.

Showers on Summit (M Class) have curtains. S Class ships have sliding doors.

I haven't been on the Summit since 2007 and her recent "solsticizing"....but I believe I read that the cabin showers still have curtains....Someone will correct me if I am wrong. The S Class ships have shower doors, but not the M Class (which the Summit is).

as Orator already answered !

Woody

Archived