Palo onboard reservation

chelseafc

As a first-time Disney cruiser, I suspect I may not be able to reserve Palo online before the cruise. I'm hoping to get a chance on-board.

In reading people's Dream Navigators, I see that you are instructed to call a number for Palo and Remy reservations starting at 1 pm. If you are not in your room until after 1:30, what phones can you use to call for reservations?

TIA

They will have the Palo team set up in one of the lounges on embarkation day. You'll be able to go there and get your reservation. Shorter cruises will be tougher, but I've bounced reservations around a couple times during a cruise and never had a problem getting the time and day I wanted.

We have always been able to secure Palo brunch or dinner once getting on board. Go to the designated location (usually a lounge) upon embarkation and they should be able to help you.

You can also stop by Palo in the evening and see if they have availability or call up to the restaurant from your cabin phone.

The first night is usually pretty empty in Palo and Remy since most people want to go to MDR. If you are willing to go on the first night, I'm almost sure you will be able to get in.

• 2 months later...

For these of you who have booked Palo once on board the ship: were you generally able to get a reservation for the day/time you desired, or was it pretty slim pickings? There is no availability online for Palo on my sailing, but hoping we can book for pirate night once we get onboard.

For these of you who have booked Palo once on board the ship: were you generally able to get a reservation for the day/time you desired, or was it pretty slim pickings? There is no availability online for Palo on my sailing, but hoping we can book for pirate night once we get onboard.

Your odds are pretty good, especially if you act as soon as you board the ship. you will get a Navigator along with your key cards. It will say where to go to book Palo or remmy. Go as soon as you board. I have also used the house phone on the pool deck on the Dream near the elevators. There is one near each set of elevators on the pool deck, so you dont need to be in your cabin. The extension is listed in the navigator, and was on the phone as well. I booked the Palo brunch while standing in my wet swim suit near the mid elevators!

Since you want pirate night, your odds are even better, I expect that is the slowest night for Palo, as most people want to do the pirate dinner. Even though that is the weakest menu of the cruise in the main dining rooms.

Your odds are pretty good, especially if you act as soon as you board the ship. you will get a Navigator along with your key cards. It will say where to go to book Palo or remmy. Go as soon as you board. I have also used the house phone on the pool deck on the Dream near the elevators. There is one near each set of elevators on the pool deck, so you dont need to be in your cabin. The extension is listed in the navigator, and was on the phone as well. I booked the Palo brunch while standing in my wet swim suit near the mid elevators!

Since you want pirate night, your odds are even better, I expect that is the slowest night for Palo, as most people want to do the pirate dinner. Even though that is the weakest menu of the cruise in the main dining rooms.

Egggggcellent, thank you for your feedback, BonaireDoug! We will probably head straight to Palo once we board the ship to secure our reservation. While we don't want to miss out on the fireworks and the Pirate Party, we thought that night had the the menu with the least interesting options!

• 2 weeks later...
We have reservations for Palo for dinner already, is Brunch the same menu so dinner is enough to experience Palo or should we try and do both due to different menus? Thank you!

No,brunch is an entirely different menu. And experience.

At brunch, there are buffet-style table with different offerings: Fruits & puddings; cheese & breads; seafood & sliced meat; pastries; and something else I can't remember. Plus, there is a order area with displays of hot food to be ordered: chicken parmesaian(sp); 5 different eggs benedict; grape pizza (you gotta try it); and some others I also can't remember. Your server will walk you through the self serve area and explain what there is as well as the order area. Then when you have served yourself with the self serve stuff and returned to your table, your server will take your order and time putting it into the kitchen so it comes out hot when you are ready for it. And you have a view during the daylight hours that isn't there at night.

At dinner, your server will go over all the offerings on the menu with you and help you select your meal. Lots of personal service in a quiet atmosphere (quite different than the MDRs). And the chocoloate souffle for dinner is to die for. Unfortunately, the souffle is only available for dinner. :(

I, personally, prefer the buffet to the dinner.

:)

Oh, and another thing, DON'T do the brunch and dinner on back to back days, it's just too much rich food.

... And you have a view during the daylight hours that isn't there at night.

Boy Howdy!

For those that don't know, on the Magic, Palo is up high and back aft and is surrounded by a deck. It makes a good sunbathing location in that it's seemingly relatively secluded.

On my first Magic cruise there was a lovely young lady in a yellow bikini sunbathing on that deck. At one point she stood and started using the Palo windows as a mirror to adjust her bikini. The waiter at the nearby table saw it and went over to watch. He whistled to the other waiters and they came running across the restaurant and fell over each other to get a good view, chattering excitedly in Italian the whole time. The restaurant patrons were rolling in laughter as it went on for about two minutes until she sat down again. I don't think she ever knew what was going on. Apparently this has happened before in that the alert seemed rehearsed.

Fair warning for those of you contemplating sunbathing up there.

Boy Howdy!

For those that don't know, on the Magic, Palo is up high and back aft and is surrounded by a deck. It makes a good sunbathing location in that it's seemingly relatively secluded.

On my first Magic cruise there was a lovely young lady in a yellow bikini sunbathing on that deck. At one point she stood and started using the Palo windows as a mirror to adjust her bikini. The waiter at the nearby table saw it and went over to watch. He whistled to the other waiters and they came running across the restaurant and fell over each other to get a good view, chattering excitedly in Italian the whole time. The restaurant patrons were rolling in laughter as it went on for about two minutes until she sat down again. I don't think she ever knew what was going on. Apparently this has happened before in that the alert seemed rehearsed.

Fair warning for those of you contemplating sunbathing up there.

Yes, well, another true life story:

DH & I were walking around deck 10 on the Wonder (same set up as the Magic - big windows in the aft for Palo) and had stopped just off to the side of the aft area watching the water. A man carrying what I took to be his (small) service dog stopped, put down a piddle pad, put the dog down and let it do it's "duty" right in front of those windows. When doggie was done, he picked up dog & pad and left. Not really what I want to be watching during brunch.:rolleyes:

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived