Can kids wear shorts in mdr?

As long as they are clean and well-fitting (no hanging below the waist) they should be allowed, especially for kids.

lol you made me laugh with the mental image of a 5 and 9 year old wearing their shorts like that.

OP shorts are allowed even for adults. No basketball shorts or gym shorts.

Bill

Hi all,

Well be dressing up for elegant nights, however we were wondering on other nights is it ok for our boys (5 & 9) to where shorts in the mdr for dinner?

Yes, as long as they are dress shorts.

Hi all,

Well be dressing up for elegant nights, however we were wondering on other nights is it ok for our boys (5 & 9) to where shorts in the mdr for dinner?

Nice shorts are very okay on all nights except cruise elegant. :)

No worries here y'all. My boys will be wearing denim jeans and probably polo type shirts with our dinner. They will not have their butts hanging out!

"Pants on the ground...pants on the ground...."

"Lookin' like a fool with ya pants on the ground"

"Gold teeth, hat on sideways.....lookin' like a fool with ya pants on the ground"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0a12geN3Q

Our teenage boys were allowed shorts, even jean shorts in the MDR. However, our son was sent back to change cause he was wearing a muscle shirt during lunch in MDR and they said no sleeveless shirts. I think we knew the rule but forgot all about it since we were coming from the Lido deck to MDR for lunch. That was the only time they were refused due to clothing.

Teens sometimes have to learn lessons the hard way. The DS (now 17) learned that on our last cruise when in spite of my telling him that it was not okay to wear a hat to the MDR he did so anyway and was asked to remove it! Yea! Mom didn't have to scold him he was so embarrassed!

Shorts are definitely okay in the dining room as many posters have mentioned.

Archived