Pa Cruisers

RMS Olympic

Hey All!

I was born and raised in Philly and now live in South Jersey, Blackwood area. My partner is from Hamilton Twp, NJ. Jen (23) and Liz (28) are going on our second cruise together (my 3rd) on October 23rd – NCL Crown - 13 days in the Caribbean, leaving out of Philly and ending in Miami. We’re super excited.

We also booked R Family Vacations 2006 cruise – NCL Star to Alaska departing Seattle on July 2, 2006. It will be our first gay cruise. We’ve tried to go on Olivia but they are at inconvenient times of year since we both take classes as well as work full time. So, we’re pretty excited about this one too J

It’s nice to see so many cruise lovers in the area! The only other gay couple we are friends with that enjoys cruising as much as we do, are pretty…frugal. They don’t want to spend more than $800/pp or so on cruises longer than 7 days… so, needless to say, they aren’t coming on our next two cruises with us.

So it’s a nice thought that maybe someday we’ll be traveling with cruise-loving friends who are in the same price range boat as we are J

Nice to meet you all!

Hey All,

Just booked Century for 1/28/06. Western Carribean .Great deal. They are running inside and outside specials this week. There will be 6 of us. All from Allentown PA.

Talk to you all and happy cruising!!

Jeff

hi Jeff,

I am a 29 year old who's been on 13 cruises. I might be interested in your cruise...how many cabins have you guys booked? 2 or 3?? Perhaps we could get a group and get group rates and ammenities.

I would like to ask though, don't you feel the nightlife on Celebrity is very lacking as far as the nightclub? I must say I do like partying on Carnival ships. What are your thoughts?

Hey Cruisegoer,

We have 2, possibly 3 cabins right now. I know a few other friends that want to go as well.

As for the partying,we do.It's not the Stonewall or Shampoo, but we don't stay up all night either. We typically get up early and head off to shore for the most part, and party in town, whether it a beach..preferably...or off to a Senor Frog or Carlos and Charley. It's a heck of a lot cheaper too :).

As for Carnival, not my scene. I talk to a lot of guys on CC and have had bad times on Carnival.It seems like a booze cruise. I can get p**s face drunk anytime at home if I wanted to. Just from reading some things from the Carnival board, that line seems like the low class pax place to go. If I am spending a few grand on a vaca, I want it to be a bit sophistcated and upscale. I don't want trouble from gay bashing trailer trash, which Carnival seems to attract.

Boy did I go off on a tangent :D.

Talk to ya

Jeff

Don't get me wrong Jeff I love Celebrity when I have it in mind that I am "going upscale". The Infinity in Alaska was a marvelous combo of ship and scenery. Anyway, I must say that I feel Carnival is a great value for the dollar and that I am never the only one on the dance floor (which I have experienced on Celeb).

So what kind of cabin do you guys go for? Balcony? O/V? Inside? Also, do you mind if I ask your ages???

Wow, who knew Allentown/Lehigh Valley was a hub of (ship) cruisers? :rolleyes: I think getting together to swap stories and plan future cruises would be a great idea.

We're Roger and Les, together 14 years, and just got hooked on crusies last year with a gay group on Rhapsody out of Galveston. As you can tell from the signature file, we're picking up the pace a bit. Looking forward to being the first group on Enchantment after her stretch and refurbishment.

I would have to agree with cruisegoer, We sailed on the Celebrity Galaxy as our first cruise, and we had a 'good' time, met some very nice older couples (grandparent-type, but were still a lot of fun), didn't meet any gay couples. There were very few folks on board under 40. In retrospect, the social scene was pretty low-key - no one went to the night club, the nightly highlights were watching a movie in the cinema, and maybe a show (although the "Cirque du Galaxy" was the most pathetic show I've ever scene.. towering feather headpieces, cheesy music....god I hope they've updated it!).

For two younger guys, we were rather bored. I guess it's a matter of personal preference! On the other hand, the Carnival Conquest was really jumpin so to speak. I went with my sister, still didn't meet any FOD on board, but there were a lot more activities catered to 20's and 30's type people. But I do think the service and the food were not as good.

Our favorite line so far is Royal Carribean. There seems to be a good mix of older and younger, good service, good food, awesome ships (aka Voyager class), plenty of things going on, decent night clubs. We've been on two RCCL ships so far, and are looking forward to a third-- leaving this Friday! YAY

I'm thinking of booking the Atlantis cruise on the Navigator coming up in January.. I bet it's gonna be a blast.

Jeff

Hey Cruisgoer,

We booked a cat 3 ..aft family cabin. It was 996 pp. It is really a huge cabin. I think it's 210 sq ft.

I hear ya about the dancing. I used to be a dance floor diva there a while back :D, but we don't go out too much anymore, so it's really not a criteria for us anymore. I'm sure Carnival is a "fun" ship, but I just don't think I could deal with the Pax. On more than 1 occasion,we have been on tours off the ship and there were Carnival Pax also on the tour. You could tell immediatly that they were from Carnival. They were bleary eyed drunk, vulgur,crude and every other word out of their mouth was the " F " word. I really could not imagine a whole week of that.BTW we are 41 and 30. We get mistaken for brother's all the time. It does get funny after a while :)

Hope that answers your concerns :D..

Cya

Jeff

The spirit of Philadelphia is a great idea, Tom. We have always wanted to check it out.... never been on it, although we've lived in Philly for 5 years. I believe it's a little on the pricey side (around $60 for a dinner cruise, I think?). But it would be a fun evening.

Jeff

Hey all, Pittsburgh guys here. We are going on Royal Caribbean on 9-3-05 for a 5-nighter to Key West and Grand Cayman. My second cruise, his first (we were on a break!!! :eek: ). Looking forward to the time away. Anyone else going on the same one?

Hey all, we are from Pittsburgh too! We are booked on our third cruise: Zuiderdam on Oct 8, 2005 from Ft. Lauderdale to the Western Caribbean. Anyone else been on the Z? or any Vista Class HAL ship? Thanks!

Jeremy & Dave

Pittsburgh, PA (Shadyside)

Zuiderdam, Oct 8, 2005

Carnival Varlor, March 6, 2004

Serenade, October, 2003.

This is just a little aside to the dinner cruise discussion which relates somewhat...did anyone here go on the gay dinner cruise in May? I would have loved to but I was leaving on another vacation the following morning and didn't want to have to rush that much. It sounded like a great idea and I wish I could have gone..just wondering what your opinions were if you went.

P.S. I was hoping we could keep our Lehigh Valley cruisers meeting in the Lehigh Valley. Plus, are all you locals going to Pride in the Park this Sunday (6/19)??? Come show support for your community!

Cruisegoer,

There's no reason to limit ourselves to one meeting of this group. Sounds like there are enough from the Lehigh Valley to have a gathering up here also. Any suggestions on a good place for dinner where we could get a small dining room?

I wish Pride in the Park could be on some day other than Father's Day. I think that hurts the turn out.

I am trying to think of a place for us to get together, perhaps Gate 9 Grille (where the old RJ Gators was). That or maybe Mangoes or Federal Grill.

As far as PITP is concerned it has been held on that day for years. Also I think its one of the only weekends not being bought up for renting the park. I will be involved in the PITP event and my b/f is actually the 2005 Queen of Pride. Go figure!

Hey Brandon,

BINGO..oh boy. Well Kevin ( my other half) is a Bingo fanatic. I will never get him out of there. We know a Brandon. Do you have red hair and know Lorna??

If not, Cya Sunday. I will come up and say HI.

Cya

Jeff

Archived