Which Marriott property in Miami/Ft lauderdale would you choose?

luv2trvlnow

I have a certificate for a category 1 to 4 Marriott property. We will be sailing out of Miami but we will driving so we will have our car. There will be 3 adults in our group. I would like to know which property would you choose and why.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sharon

Miami is now our city of choice. Used to be Fort Lauderdale but we have enjoyed several stays in Miami over the past few years. It's a very cosmopolitan city and we find there is much to do.

I would look at the Marriott Marquis. It's still fairly new and has a nice location just a few minutes from the port of Miami. Yet, from there you can easily get to South Beach by taxi or rental car and you are also in walking distance of many restaurants.

Keith

Miami is now our city of choice. Used to be Fort Lauderdale but we have enjoyed several stays in Miami over the past few years. It's a very cosmopolitan city and we find there is much to do.

I would look at the Marriott Marquis. It's still fairly new and has a nice location just a few minutes from the port of Miami. Yet, from there you can easily get to South Beach by taxi or rental car and you are also in walking distance of many restaurants.

Keith

Thank you Keith. The Marriott Marquis is a category 6 so I can't use my certificate for that one.

Here are some choices that I can use the certificate on:

Miami Area:

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Courtyard Miami Downtown

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South

Courtyard Miami Airport

Residence Inn Miami Airport

Miami Airport Marriott

Fort Lauderdale Area:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall

Sharon

Thank you Keith. The Marriott Marquis is a category 6 so I can't use my certificate for that one.

Here are some choices that I can use the certificate on:

Miami Area:

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center

Courtyard Miami Downtown

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South

Courtyard Miami Airport

Residence Inn Miami Airport

Miami Airport Marriott

Hi Sharon,

Forget the Springhill Medical Center, that's a not so nice part of town.

I would pick the downtown location due to proximity to Miami Beach and access to free transport around downtown Miami. If you have a car though, watch for parking fees which can be pricey in Miami.

Residence Inn Airport is near a Wal-Mart and pretty close to Dolphin Mall, but the area is mostly industrial/commercial.

Courtyard Miami Airport is a large Marriot campus, the hotels are older. Again, nothing really to see or do in the immediate area.

We have stayed at the Renaissance in Plantation - very nice - and also the Fairfield in Dania Beach. This is one that you mentioned. It was also very clean but the rooms were a bit on the smaller side.

One that you did not mention in Miami is the Courtyard in Coconut Grove. We stayed there when it was a Doubletree. Very nice then (2008) and while this is a little farther from the airport and cruise port the area is wonderful - right on Biscayne Bay - and there's lots of shops, art galleries and restaurants. You might want to take a peek at that one, too.

Archived