Disgusted with RC and not even on ship yet

Hula Hips

First thread was July 8, titled, 'Cost of Cruise!' No blame placed, just asking opinions of others as to if the land based portion was over priced

Two days later she posts again with 'Disgusted with RC.....'

How she came to that conclusion is anyone's guess.

Yes, but that thread also morphed into asking everything she's asking here and the information was provided.;):)

I'm thinking that the OP also wants names of specific hotels to book, exactly what train to take along with the platform it departs from, and on and on.;)

Cannot figure out why they started another thread when so much information was given on the other or why having booked so far out that only now they have so many issues.:confused:

We could actually post that kind of info, but I have a hunch that nothing is going to satisfy the OP. Over the years we have met some folks for which travel is not a great idea and am wondering if this is one of those situations.

Hank

We could actually post that kind of info, but I have a hunch that nothing is going to satisfy the OP. Over the years we have met some folks for which travel is not a great idea and am wondering if this is one of those situations.

Hank

You could well be correct.

Need to get over to Dingledeins.;):)

Yes, but that thread also morphed into asking everything she's asking here and the information was provided.;):)

Well, going by the title of her threads, she probably wasn't getting the sympathy that she thought she was entitled. So, she wrote a 2nd thread with a stronger title. She's playing the 'blame' game, hoping to illicit sympathy.

And...still no sympathy for good reason!

I think blame lies with a bad travel agent and OP who obviously asked few questions. Probably liked the $1,000 price of the cruise and asked for an add on tour of Italy. I feel sympathy for OP for not asking any questions when she booked and did not even realize the price without extras was $11,000. Panic set in when she realized that this was not an all inclusive vacation and she had to add many meals and a hotel in Venice, and get to the hotel. Don't know when she found out about excursions or tips, but in her first post she talks about paying for meals on shore so they may have thought all the touring and meals (even those on shore) were included.

Problem 2 is they have plane tickets already, so just cancelling the cruise does not refund plane tickets.

I suggested changing to a longer cruise and paying the change fee for the plane tickets. It will probably bring the cost down several thousand dollars and give them more of a door to door trip. Then the only thing they need to book is excursions, which they need to add anyway. That is why many of us love cruising.

First thread was July 8, titled, 'Cost of Cruise!' No blame placed, just asking opinions of others as to if the land based portion was over priced

Two days later she posts again with 'Disgusted with RC.....'

How she came to that conclusion is anyone's guess.

Actually the OP's first thread was on 7/7 on the RCI forum. That one was titled "land/sea of Italy, Sicily, Greece and Turkey. Same issues, same questions. Go figure!

Sad to pass on the news but Dingledeins is out of business.

Hank

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!:(

Actually the OP's first thread was on 7/7 on the RCI forum. That one was titled "land/sea of Italy, Sicily, Greece and Turkey. Same issues, same questions. Go figure!

I really think this person should not travel.;)

It's time to close the book on the OP. She took her first cruise in 2007 and swore she'd never cruise again because she and her DH got sick. She rants on and on about how they've travelled extensively and cruising just doesn't do it for them because they like to spend several days in a destination instead of just a few hours. Seems that in just a few short years the traveling sophistication she touted before has been lost. :confused:

Actually, it would probably be a good thing if she canceled her cruise...based on the complaining nature of her posts, she would no doubt be a constant irritant to the crew.

It's time to close the book on the OP. She took her first cruise in 2007 and swore she'd never cruise again because she and her DH got sick. She rants on and on about how they've travelled extensively and cruising just doesn't do it for them because they like to spend several days in a destination instead of just a few hours. Seems that in just a few short years the traveling sophistication she touted before has been lost. :confused:

Actually, it would probably be a good thing if she canceled her cruise...based on the complaining nature of her posts, she would no doubt be a constant irritant to the crew.

I read a few of her earlier posts, but didn't bother going back that far.

No wonder she wanted to change her CC screen name for this cruise! :D

Archived