Transport from Seattle Port to Airport

DragonMouse

There's actually 5 of us. Two families. I'm "thinking" of taking a taxi from the port to the airport (Seattle Port 91 to Seattle/Tacoma airport).

If we can get us all in one...fine if not...we can take two...I'm thinking it's going to cost "about" the same. But I HONEST do NOT know. If the shuttle is $21-27 a person and a cab is about $50...us 3 would be cheaper in a cab and the two would save just a little (actually not much at all after the tip). I don't like fighting over the shuttles or waiting till they fill up...are they REALLY that much cheaper?? Or am I really off on the cab fare?

ONE MORE QUESTION: The other two ports I've been at (I haven't been to this one yet) there are PLENTY of cabs available. Is this the same way? When we were in Ft Lauderdale they HIGHLY encouraged us to take the shuttle. It was $20 a person and there was a line waiting to pay. We opted for the cab...we paid the cab $20-25 for all three of us including tip. We pretty much got going as quickly as we walked up and dumped our bags in the trunk. The shuttle was still waiting to load. Is it different in Seattle or am I looking at a $100 cab fare vrs $60-80 shuttle fare?

Just back from Alaska cruise with pre-cruise in Seattle.

We used 2 different car services while there and they were both fantastic!!

We used Ace Transportation 3 times and they were spot on everything, very courteous and personable! Ask for Fareed, he gave us his card, he will take great care of you. We had an urgent need for transport in Seattle once, and they were there in 5 minutes!

They have Vans, Town Cars, SUV's and Limos. They charged us $8/pp everywhere we went in Seattle near the Space Needle, and to the port, yes, $8 each for 2 people! This was for private transports. We used a Lincoln Town Car twice and a Ford Expedition to the port.

Their phone number is 206-387-7000 or 206-730-4000.

We used Seattle's Best Car Service for transport for 4 people from the port to the airport. It was $60 for private transport in a spacious, luxury, large SUV, I don't recall the model. They were at pick up in less than 5 minutes. Just Great!

They have a website, it might be http://seattlebestcarservice.com/

If you want to go on the cheap there is light rail from downtown to the airport.

We did light rail.. had to cart our luggage.. Took Taxi to Westkae station ( $20 with tip). Light rail for 3 ( 2 adults 1 child) about 8 bucks ..half therice and my son enjoyed the light rail. We liked it

I just returned, our hotel "crown plaza" arranged all of our transportation needs with Diamond Transportation. They were Great! Picked us up from the airport to the hotel then 22 days later drove us to the port and after the cruise took us to the airport. We had 12 people in our group. I would highly recommend them.

Archived