Cruising with a 18month old

vacruzer007

Hello Everyone,

I am considering a disney cruise next year with my DH and DS who will be 18 months at the time of cruise.

Has anyone cruised with an infant this young? I know he won't remember it, but do you think he would have a good time?

We just got off the Fantasy last week with my 8 year old son and 19 month old son. The little one had a blast! He loved being able to run the ship and he loves to climb, so plenty of stairs to keep him busy. He also was very good the two times we put him in the nursery. Fell asleep both times. Must be that Disney Magic. On the Fantasy there is a water area just for the little ones called Nemo's Reef. Other ships I believe have "splash pools".

Disney has strollers that you can use for the duration of the trip for free and we got one of those when we got on and just pushed him around the ship. Many times he fell asleep in there and I or my wife would sit on the deck and people watch or read a book just relaxing.

Don't not go because of the age. I know he won't remember it, but it will be a nice "bonding time" that he and you will remember in other ways.

If you have any questions about traveling with the little one at all, please feel free to ask.

Good luck!

thanks wrundell!

I'm glad to hear that your little one had a good time.. I know each child is different.. but I figured how could we go wrong on a disney cruise :)

the splash pools-- I've been reading other posts and if they are still in diapers they can't participate, is that true?

thanks wrundell!

I'm glad to hear that your little one had a good time.. I know each child is different.. but I figured how could we go wrong on a disney cruise :)

the splash pools-- I've been reading other posts and if they are still in diapers they can't participate, is that true?

Depending on which ship you're on:

Magic & Wonder: There is a splash zone next to the Mickey Pool for kids that are not potty trained.

Dream & Fantasy: Nemo's Reef, also near the Mickey Pool.

:)

Above poster is correct. My little one loved Nemo's Reef! Plenty of room to run around in there and with a full ship it was never very busy so I didn't have to worry about a collision! Also been on the Magic when my other son was 2 and he had fun in the "splash pool" as well.

You will have a great time!

Yes, your 18 month will enjoy being on whatever ship you enjoy. We took DS (now almost 5) on his first cruise and he loved it. We were even on Princess which didn't allow kids that young into kids club and he still had a blast.

We cruised last year on Holland to Alaska and our dd turned 2 on the trip, she had a great time and honestly they didnt have much for her to do. They did not have a baby/ toddler club nor any water area that she could play in. That should tell you that the boat itself is just about enough to entertain little ones:) she also slept the best she has ever slept on that cruise, I think the pitch black inside stateroom and wonderful lull of the boat played a huge part. You all will have a great time!

awww :)

I am getting more and more excited now!

still have a way to go (next July) but the excitement is building..

thanks to everyone for all the feedback!

and I love disney's deposit.. much cheaper than carnival (cruise line DH and I have always went on)

but I guess the cost of the cruise makes up the difference... he he he :)

but disney always does it best!

Archived