Can anyone tell me what skippers club is...and how it works?

ommax2

I know I am asking a dreded newbie question, but I would like to know more about it...our papers mentioned that we are eligble, but carnivals website is kinda vague...

TIA

Mary Anne

Imagination here we come...June 2 will never get here!

Last time I was on Carnival, Skipper's Club was reserved for passengers booked into Category 11 or 12 suites. You'll have preferred embarkation at a special desk, instead of having to wait in the line with the other passengers ("skipping" the line, what a pun ;))...so you'll probably get onboard much quicker. Not sure if this includes any other perks, though. Have a great trip!

ommax 2

I was wondering the same question.:) I am on the Sensation out of New Orleans for my first cruise and we have Skippers Club on our cruise documents and was wondering exactly what it was all about. :confused:

If I understand correctly, though, you still have to go through security with everybody else first???!!!

:eek:

You don't go through with everybody else, you skip ahead of everybody else:D !Loved it, would do it no other way

We just got back from the Valor and the Skippers club was good.

You do 'skip' the line. And you get to sit in an air conditioned room until the ship is ready to board. Then you go through security and get taken onto the ship. We were one of the first people on.

We went straight to the bar and were pounding back a blender drink within 5 mins of getting on the ship. :D

Ok, thanks for the information. Has anyone on here ever gone through New Orleans with this? Is there a sign to look for or anything? Sorry to sound dumb; but I have never cruised before and didn't want to miss out on my opportunity to start my cruise out smoother and faster. Thanks!:)

Ok, thanks for the information. Has anyone on here ever gone through New Orleans with this? Is there a sign to look for or anything? Sorry to sound dumb; but I have never cruised before and didn't want to miss out on my opportunity to start my cruise out smoother and faster. Thanks!:)

In New Orleans,It's a small room inside the main building. When you enter the main door at the terminal you will see a door across the room directly in front of you. Going through that door you will see on your right a sign for the Skipper's Club near the carry-on scanners.It only took us about 30 minutes to process without priority boarding.

<<In New Orleans,It's a small room inside the main building. When you enter the main door at the terminal you will see a door across the room directly in front of you. Going through that door you will see on your right a sign for the Skipper's Club near the carry-on scanners.It only took us about 30 minutes to process without priority boarding.>>

Alright! Finally.....someone that has experienced New Orleans Port Skippers Club! Thank you .... thank you, Selcruey! I was beginning to think no one ever used it in the New Orleans Port. It's nice to know ahead of time to know where to look when you walk in.

[quote name=JudyKa

Alright! Finally.....someone that has experienced New Orleans Port Skippers Club! Thank you .... thank you' date=' Selucrey! I was beginning to think no one ever used it in the New Orleans Port. It's nice to know ahead of time where to look when you walk in.[/quote]

When you first enter the terminal there will be (usually) a person there to direct you where you want to go. I would post some pics but they frown on people taking photos inside the terminal now days.:( Turn your cell-phone and pagers off before going through the security area also. My wife's phone rang when she was going through and you would have thought she had a bomb! I guess there are reasons...:confused: Also..the carry-on scanners in front of the Skipper's Club are used for priority boarding; crew and tour groups only. The scanners for the general populace are located in another room.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived