Train from Malaga to Ronda - NEW!

VMax1700

There is now a train that runs from Malaga to Ronda without all the previously necessary changes! :D

Departs Malaga MZ station at 10.05h and arrives to Ronda at 11.52h

Return train departs Ronda at 16.55h and arrives to Malaga MZ station at 18.47h

There is only 1 train each way each day. Fare is currently €13.35 each way.

The times may not suit all cruisers, but it opens another possibility during your visit to Malaga.

www.renfe.es

There is now a train that runs from Malaga to Ronda without all the previously necessary changes! :D

The times may not suit all cruisers, but it opens another possibility during your visit to Malaga.

www.renfe.es

I was going to take a tour from Malaga to Ronda because I did not want to drive this route. This would work out great for us . Thanks for sharing this information.

We were just in Malaga in April and rented a car to drive ourselves to Ronda (a favorite place of ours). We actually love the drive since part of it is through some very scenic mountains. The train is also a good option although you need to be very sure that there are no pending labor strikes on RENFE.

Hank

We were just in Malaga in April and rented a car to drive ourselves to Ronda (a favorite place of ours). We actually love the drive since part of it is through some very scenic mountains. The train is also a good option although you need to be very sure that there are no pending labor strikes on RENFE.

Hank

You love the drive because it is very scenic, but it is not for everyone. I have driven from Gaucin to Ronda a couple of times and it was VERY hairy. My heart was in my mouth!

Hank

The only way that I would do it is on a bus tour or on our own by train. Do you suggest one of these over the other? One of our DD's had terrible car sickness in Dominica this past March so that is why the train seemed like a great option for us. The reason I won't go with DH driving is because he always wants to drive like he is in a BMW sports car even when he's not. I have read too many stories about these roads to set him free on them.;)

www.renfe.es

Do you have any information on available parking at the train station or nearby?

There is a car park below the station. The elevator brings you from the car park to the station/shopping area. I don't have parking rates, sorry, but there is a cinema and bowling alley, so prices would have to be pretty much in line with other car parks. If you are parking overnight it may be expensive, but there are other options locally.

There is a car park below the station. The elevator brings you from the car park to the station/shopping area. I don't have parking rates, sorry, but there is a cinema and bowling alley, so prices would have to be pretty much in line with other car parks. If you are parking overnight it may be expensive, but there are other options locally.

Thank you very much. We would be on a day trip and since there is nearby parking we will drive to the area and park our car for the day instead of taking taxis. :)

Archived