Disney World after cruise?

DevCruise

If you are taking the dining plan with the Table Service meals, you should make dining reservations as soon as you can either through Disney's website or by calling the dining reservation line. Most of the time, you can not walk up to a Table Service Restaurant and walk in.

The MYW plan now has a lower-cost or free if it's during special times of the year, that include only the quick service restaurants. No reservations needed for these and there are so many really good options in all of the parks that may work well for someone on a budget or someone that just does not want to bother with the sit-down restaurants and the reservations that have to be made so far in advance. We are going to try the quick service plan when we book our MYW plan for next year's stay at the new Disney Animation hotel.

:)

Good catch! I should qualify under the last part. Where did you find that? I checked this page (http://www.shadesofgreen.org/eligibility.htm) and it doesn't have that on it.

i can't give away all my secrets;) jk i just had it in my notes since we're only eligible in September being just honorably discharged but not retired. Here's a good site with lots of info, the rules for SOG are there: militarydisneytips dot com

Let me ask you this. Our cruise gets back Friday. Guessing we could make Disney by maybe 2pm at the latest on Friday. Was going to spend Friday/Saturday at the park with the idea of covering Epcot (Friday) and the Magic Kingdom (Saturday). Do you think it's doable?

Depends on how late the parks will be open. If they close at 6 pm then i'd have to say no. The schedules usually come out 6 months prior but historically the winter has shorter hours. You can do a search for last year's dates, they'll be similar.

Unless a package would require a two day ticket purchase, my honest opinion would be to drive up there on Friday and just enjoy whatever onsite resort you pick. You can ride the monorail without park entrance. It runs up to an hour after the parks close. Year past our first day when kids were small was to grab transport up to the MK then hop on the monorail for a spin. We'd make the loop and have dinner at Chef Mickeys. It's very expensive but it's a great way to cross off meeting the charactars and you can watch the MK fireworks from the viewing platform. I'd likely skip a package entirely and just book a discounted room and buy my own ticket media and pay OOP (out of pocket) for my meals. Nice thing re a room only is you can cancel it up to 5 days prior vs having to pay off a disney package much sooner - i believe it's 75 days prior to trip and non-refundable

Will do. Also going to sign up for the mousesavers one somebody else mentioned above. Noticed that I could just recently book packages for 2013

Archived