when do you generally start seeing price drops?

lightnin

We are over 150 days out still. We have gotten 3 price drops... it all depends on how full the ship is and then how full your category is. Check for your type of room on a fake booking and see how many rooms there are of your type left. If there is a lot the price will fall if not...it might not. Good luck:)

It really varies...depends on how well your cruise is selling. If the cabin catagories are selling and there are only a few left, it is unlikely you will see the price drop. On some of my cruises the price never dropped, only increased. On my Med cruise comin up, we have had loads of price drops starting at about 9 months out.....ship had lots of cabins available. The way to see if there are alot of cabins available, is to do a "mock" booking. Go online and pretend to book your exact class of cabin...if there are 10 rooms available (the max at any given time) then there is probably a chance for a price drop in the next month or so....if less than 10 cabins show, then your catagory is sellin just fine and there probably won't be reductions until right before sailing to fill the last few (or the upgrade fairy will start calling to fill them too).

You may NEVER see a price drop. Depends on a lot of diferent factors; when you booked, the time of year, how well are the cabins selling, etc. For example:

Liberty cruise for October, booked in June, 2011 (491 days out). Cabins in my category are now $200 MORE. Don't think I'll see a drop there, EVER. LOL :rolleyes:

Glory cruise for SATURDAY!!!! (Sorry, just had to do a little happy dance there :D) booked 5 weeks ago. Before they sold out, cabins had gone up almost $120.

Liberty Cruise for October, booked in Feb, an extra room due to some changes. This room had gone down, got some drops credited to the cost. Final payment due next week. Since I got the last price drop, the cabin has gone up $80. I'm sure once it's paid off, and not eligible for drops (not booked ES here), it may go down again, but honestly, I'll stop looking once it's paid off.

I had actually just posted on my FB the other day that if I booked the same cabin flights NOW, I would be paying over $800 more. Sometimes, it's all about getting lucky when you book. I have yet to get price drops on my cabin that end up as OBC. But that's OK, because it means that people who booked after me are paying more for their cabin than I am. And that makes me giggle inside. :p

I wonder if the price will change after the ES is no longer available ?

Just depends on "supply and demand"....if your catagory of cabin isn't selling you'll see drops. We have had over $530 p/p in price drops on our Breeze Med cruise...some while ES still in effect (back to January)...and many since it has been gone. Final payment is today, in fact, will be interesting to see if there are any more as there are still more than 10 cabins available in our catagory and we cruise in 89 days.

Archived