Ice Bar?

out2sea

• 3 weeks later...

From someone who has seen alot of changes over the past 30 or so years on St. Thomas. I see this as another flash in the pan. I checked out the website and it looks cool- no pun intended, but I can't really see it being sustainable on St. Thomas. Try it now, before it's gone.

Scott

Went to it last February. 5 & 8 yr old grandkids liked it. The adults not so much. I agree with laser, it's kind of a one hit wonder. They have a few of these things around the country and I think if you've seen one you've seen 'em all. Nice sculptures inside though.

• 2 months later...
Went to it last February. 5 & 8 yr old grandkids liked it. The adults not so much. I agree with laser, it's kind of a one hit wonder. They have a few of these things around the country and I think if you've seen one you've seen 'em all. Nice sculptures inside though.

Can you tell me how you got there from the cruise port and the cost?

Did you just walk in or did you need advance tickets?

Thank you!

Can you tell me how you got there from the cruise port and the cost?

Did you just walk in or did you need advance tickets?

Thank you!

I'd like to know the same info, as this is the one attraction that my 19 year old son is interested in visiting - We will be there in December on a cruise as well- so - I figured it would be fun to do!

DH and I are thinking about going. I read some reviews on Trip Advisor--most were good--but it'd be nice to hear what folks here on Cruise Critic have to say. Anyone?

Here's the link to the Magic Ice website for anyone interested:

http://www.magicice.vi/

It looks like it might be kind of fun to drop into if time allows- just for something to do- but under the 'tickets' section of the site it tells you what tickets include but fails to mention the price. So...how absurdly overpriced is it to enjoy a drink for an hour at the ice bar? lol

• 3 weeks later...

Our family of four enjoyed Magic Ice in St. Thomas last week. We are in our 50's and daughter 24 and son 19. We have seen pictures of Ice Hotels in cold climates and thought how neat that would be to go to some day. Well, a couple days before our cruise I read about Magic Ice on Tripadvisor. It has gotten really good reviews so we decided to check it out when we were in St. Thomas. We had so much fun there! It is very interesting, the sculptures are amazing, the shot of rum is tasty and you keep the shot glass. They have a "ice" slide that is so fun. Yes it's $20 a person but we may never get to an Ice Hotel so this was a once in a lifetime thing for us. It was easy to find-we got there right as they opened at 10 a.m.-toured the place for an hour-checked out the gift shop/souvenir area/clean restroom-spoke with the owner-a very nice lady from Norway-walked out onto Main Street-caught a taxi to the beach where we spent the rest of our day. Very unique experience and very fun for all of us.

Archived