Boarding in Barcelona: which terminal?

WS80

I wasn't aware there are terminals A, B and C at Barcelona. We ask the taxi driver to take us to Moll A'dossat and tell him which ship. All the ships are lined up and he'll take you to the correct place to drop off your bags

Several years ago I was sailing on a line that had a much smaller ship than Celebrity has. I told the taxi driver which ship to go to, and he drove to the piers where all the other ships were docked, but mine wasn't there. It was clearly seen across the water at a completely separate pier, but he had the hardest time figuring it out, because apparently he had only ever come to the main pier area before. With limited English/Spanish/Catalan and lots of pointing to my cruise documents with the name of the ship in large type, and pointing at the ship across the way, he finally figured out that he had taken me to the wrong place. Keep your eye on your ship as you approach the pier area, just in case!

You won't be able to miss the Solstice at Moll Adossat and where she's parked depends on who she's sharing the pier with that particular day. You'll come over the bridge and then the road veers to the right and she'll be there, larger than life. Impossible not to find! Enjoy your cruise. We had a great time on the Solstice.

Last June it was "B" and in most cases, that will be the location. As noted, the ship is big (you can see it easily as you are going along the main roadway) and/or the cab drivers know which ships are where. When we docked for our departure, here below was the view of the ship next door to us at dock "A". It was the famed Costa Concordia. Great views from this location of the city, its buildings, other ships, etc. If this is your first trip on the Solstice, it's a great ship and you can check out more on the my live/blog below for ship food, entertainment, facilities, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 92,806 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

As we did our sail-away on the Solstice in Barcelona, this was the view of our next-door docking neighbor, a Costa ship with their unique yellow "C" stack. Just recently, I looked more closely at this picture to see that it is the now infamous Concordia that, sadly, will not be sailing out of Barcelona any more. As you can see, it was clearly a nice-looking ship. Such a tragedy! In the background of my picture, you can see the unique curved shaped of the fairly new W Hotel that is located overlooking the main Barcelona beach area.:

BarcelCostaConcordiaInPort.jpg

Thanks all for the info!

We sailed out of Barcelona on the Disney Magic last year and had a hard time trying to explain our taxi driver where to go. That was the main reason to start Spanish class once we were back :) Back then our travel documents specifically directed us to Terminal C, that's why I asked.

Can't wait to board the ship! The weather in Belgium is really terriible last weeks, so really want to escape now.

Thanks all for the info! We sailed out of Barcelona on the Disney Magic last year and had a hard time trying to explain our taxi driver where to go. That was the main reason to start Spanish class once we were back :) Back then our travel documents specifically directed us to Terminal C, that's why I asked. Can't wait to board the ship! The weather in Belgium is really terriible last weeks, so really want to escape now.

You mentioned about "a hard time trying to explain our taxi driver where to go". Here's a quick suggestion. Have written on paper the name and address where you want to go. For many cab drivers and other people in another country, it is much, much easier when they can SEE IT, rather trying to listen, verbally, to what you are saying. Seeing is better for them, based on my experiences in traveling in twenty-two different countries in Europe.

THANKS! Enjoy your cruise! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 92,806 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

You mentioned about "a hard time trying to explain our taxi driver where to go". Here's a quick suggestion. Have written on paper the name and address where you want to go. For many cab drivers and other people in another country, it is much, much easier when they can SEE IT, rather trying to listen, verbally, to what you are saying. Seeing is better for them, based on my experiences in traveling in twenty-two different countries in Europe.

On the same theme: When staying in a hotel abroad, always get something with the hotel's name and address printed on it and carry that around with you. This makes it much easier when you're trying to get back to your hotel.

On the same theme: When staying in a hotel abroad, always get something with the hotel's name and address printed on it and carry that around with you. This makes it much easier when you're trying to get back to your hotel.

YES!! Great suggestion, too. Seeing it makes all of the difference. Trying to verbalize can be very challenging to make that communications link happen.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived