Pre-Reserving excursions on princess?

kerryw29

So I am cruising in November and we have decided which excursions we want to do and one requires pre-booking - and typically sells out.

so my friend and i have been diligiently checking everyday - and they are still not offered.

we found on the website that they are offered at 120 days from sailing. we are now at 110 days from sailing - still not there.

i decided to call today. I said - i was inquiring as to when pre-reserving excursions was available (I did not give my name or booking info) - the girl cut me off and said 120 days prior to sailing. I said - well we are past that and at 110 days now...and they are still not there.

she said - well we don't know then - there is no set time that they will be posted?

is this confusing to anyone else but me??

So I am cruising in November and we have decided which excursions we want to do and one requires pre-booking - and typically sells out.

so my friend and i have been diligiently checking everyday - and they are still not offered.

we found on the website that they are offered at 120 days from sailing. we are now at 110 days from sailing - still not there.

i decided to call today. I said - i was inquiring as to when pre-reserving excursions was available (I did not give my name or booking info) - the girl cut me off and said 120 days prior to sailing. I said - well we are past that and at 110 days now...and they are still not there.

she said - well we don't know then - there is no set time that they will be posted?

120 days is average. It could be sooner, it could be later, just keep checking. Princess may still be in negotiations with some providers.

It's confusing because there is really no set time when excursions become available for booking. You'll just need to keep checking.

Lew

well then they shouldn't advertise 120 days...if they aren't gonna stick to that.

i can't see them saying to me - something is due 120 days out - and i not providing it and they being fine with it.

makes me want to forget booking through them!

That is very unusual for a Caribbean cruise, especially for your itinerary. Sometime shorex open early for some ports but not others. The latter is Obviously due to still negotiating with vendors. Is that the case?

Try calling again. 1-800-774-6237, for customer relations. I believe there's aso a shore excursion desk, but the number isn't posted. If customer relations can't answer your question, ask them to forward your call.

I agree with the above post call the 800 number and tell the you want to book tours and have your booking number. On our Australian cruise the tours were not available on line I think there was a glitch in the Princess website tour booking system. but, we were able to book them over the phone.

was when ours opened up for the CB in 2008...like the others have said its about the negotiations with the companies who do the excursions....

IMHO just wait it out and know what you want and that way you can just watch every week or so and book everything at once, thats what we did and we didnt miss out

Tours for nearly all the ports on our South American cruise in January 2013 were showing on our Personaliser yesterday for booking - 193 days out!!

We are booked the end of November and booked princess tours on line this week

If you are taking Princess tours, book all of them online once they are available.

o You do not pay for them until the end of the cruise.

o If you wait until you are onboard, the ones you want can be filled or, if available, be at a higher price than when first offered online.

well then they shouldn't advertise 120 days...if they aren't gonna stick to that.

i can't see them saying to me - something is due 120 days out - and i not providing it and they being fine with it.

makes me want to forget booking through them!

They are typically available 120 days out. However, I've cruised a few times when the timeframe was shorter. This is sometimes due to the local cruise companies and Princess negotiating contracts with them and checking availability for tours, etc. I'm sure this could be why your tours aren't available quite yet. The customer service rep might not have all the info on this. I hope you will be patient. I'm sure your tours will open soon. I've rarely not gotten on a Princess tour I wanted - even the high demand ones.

Archived