Just back from the Glory 7/16 my thoughts

Dining staff ranged from eh to laughably awful. Dinner staff was the eh part, breakfast one day was so bad it was laughable. The waiter actually wanted to insist my DD ordered something that she can not eat. I was sitting next to her, she clearly ordered & pointed to it on the menu. He was also so slow it was pathetic.

Room stewards were both very good. One better than the other(Elviro, the good one).

Other guests: All the kids I encountered were very well behaved, some adults not so much. We had a crew of ill mannered, Jersey Shore wannabes. They were rude, crude, & obnoxious giving Boston a bad name.

The food ranged from decent to barely edible. It really was hit or miss. The same item was good one night & awful the next.

We had the soda card & in the main dining room the drink service was very good even with just ordering sodas. We encountered 1 semi rude bartender but overall very good.

We had chocolates, ice & towel animals every day. The mini bar was locked when we arrived in both rooms which was fine with us.

Overall we would sail Carnival again just NOT a 4 nighter, the overall "class" of cruisers is to much the loud party type for our taste. That said I did chat with a bunch of nice people, but a few bad apples ruins the bunch.

No pictures since I haven't loaded them & there are a few threads that have the same itinerary already.

My daughter and I were on that cruise as well. I agree with most of what the reviewer said, especially the part about not going on a 4 day cruise again. Too "yahoos", rude, loud, obnoxious. The food was good, not great, but there was always something I found to eat. The room steward was fantastic and there were no complaints at all. Overall, a good cruise, but not one I will take again in the near future. I will say the embarking and debarking process was fantastic!!

I think I know some of the guys you might be talking about. We had the misfortune of being across from a group of about 10 or more 20 something guys that treated our hallway (deck 1 forward) like a dorm. They shouted to each other, yelled coming in at 4 in the morning, and we seemed to encounter them wherever we went. They camped out on the Serenity Deck after dinner, and while we were trying to enjoy the quiet, they proceeded to have the loudest and most obnoxious conversations you can imagine.

Of course there is always karma, at 6:30 this morning while they were having one of their loud hallway conversations I heard the one say that his on board bill was $870!!!!!!!!!!!

I was with you on the boat, and sat in front of the Jersey Shore at one main entertainement event..had to control myself to shut them up... as they were loud, and rude.. I had no issues with any of the staff they were great for us.. but my first curise, and I could not believe how much some people could drink it was amazingI did get the Jersey Shore back.. one ws so stupid, that he backed up into the leg rest on my wheelchair when he tried to shove himself on a elevator which was full.. which clearly was a great big ouchie for him.. I was glad he didn't get on .. he reeked !!:rolleyes:

I think I know some of the guys you might be talking about. We had the misfortune of being across from a group of about 10 or more 20 something guys that treated our hallway (deck 1 forward) like a dorm. They shouted to each other, yelled coming in at 4 in the morning, and we seemed to encounter them wherever we went. They camped out on the Serenity Deck after dinner, and while we were trying to enjoy the quiet, they proceeded to have the loudest and most obnoxious conversations you can imagine.

Of course there is always karma, at 6:30 this morning while they were having one of their loud hallway conversations I heard the one say that his on board bill was $870!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL were they talking about the girls they"scored" with?? We were privy to that conversation:rolleyes:.

I was with you on the boat, and sat in front of the Jersey Shore at one main entertainement event..had to control myself to shut them up... as they were loud, and rude.. I had no issues with any of the staff they were great for us.. but my first curise, and I could not believe how much some people could drink it was amazingI did get the Jersey Shore back.. one ws so stupid, that he backed up into the leg rest on my wheelchair when he tried to shove himself on a elevator which was full.. which clearly was a great big ouchie for him.. I was glad he didn't get on .. he reeked !!:rolleyes:

LOL I hope he got a nice boo boo. They were running around deck 6 at all hours of the night knocking on doors & yelling that they're the "party boys". Tools, I say, tools.

Hi Nadinenurse, it was nice to meet you at the cc party on Friday wasn't that nice afternoon.

This was my second Glory cruise this year (previous April our of Miami) I had a much better experiance in this four nighter than I did on the 7 nighter in April. The staff was so pleasant and genuine which wasn't my experiance before. Carnival food is ok....it's Carnival not Crystal so it was well within my expectations based on what I paid for it. Entertainment was a bit slim we didn't have much to do on the sea days but I thought Josh (Big sexy) and his team did a great job.

I didn't run into any yahoos, in fact our table of 12 strangers at dinner had the best time and I wish I could take them all home with me. We all hugged on the last night as the waiters were singing.

I enjoyed New Brunswick a first for us - yes...we were one of those silly Canadians who flew to Boston to get on a boat that was sailing to Canada. :)

I enjoyed this short cruise and would recommend it as a quick get away that was reasonably priced

I, too, was witness to the guy who argued with the Customs official. It was laughable when he stated "I am a lawyer". Good for a few laughs!!

LOL I LOVED that line. It was priceless. Nothing like ticking off customs first thing in the morning. I was beginning to think we were going to be there forever while they dealt with him & the Mrs.

LOL were they talking about the girls they"scored" with?? We were privy to that conversation:rolleyes:.

Their conversation was along those lines. They were so loud , we were actually in one of those baskets just kind of giggling, but their attitude towards women was pretty loathsome!

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago on this cruise. We will definitely hesitate doing another 4 nighter. I find it interesting that our short cruise on the Sensation to the Bahamas was much less of a party cruise than our cruise to Canada-lol.

I think it's funny that you mention about how the food changed depending on the serving. My boyfriend ordered a meal one night and I liked it better than what I had ordered so I ordered the same thing and the one I got was actually 10 times better. It was fresh and hot...I guess it makes you wonder why he couldn't have gotten his like that :p But, then again I understand they are serving a TON of people and it's probably not possible.

The bar service in the dining room was absolutely horrible. We couldn't get drinks to save our lives. Even the food server had to ask the bar waiter multiple times to get us some drinks. One night I ordered wine before the appetizer came and it didn't come til dessert was being served.

I too was in the room with the "lawyer" this morning. What an obnoxious man he was. Anyway we really enjoyed the cruise. Wouldn't rush back to Canada but did enjoy our sea days. I was amazed how quickly the deck chairs were taken. By 9am the decks were pretty full. The only thing I had a bit of an issue with was the unsupervised kids! Yes ... Cannon balls into the hot tubs(I'm talking 6-8yr olds) no parents any where. The pools were so full it was standing room only. No I did not go in (yuk). And lots of parents taking their diapered babies in too. Other than that had a great time. Oh yea...I forgot the kids that rode up in the elevators, pushed all the buttons, got out and got into the next doing it to all of them. There were several upset passengers but again no parental supervision.

My kids went in the pools on the first 2 days but not after that. My youngest may have given you pause because she's tiny but she is 100%(since before she was 2) potty trained no diapers regular or swim & never pees in the pool(we have one at home & she always gets out to go to the restroom).

This reminds me of one of the Housewives Of shows where a big group went on a Mediterranean cruise. They were obnoxious from the beginning to the end! The lady with the 2 little girls she dresses up in strange outfits was the worst!

Too bad you had that riff raff.

I find that I have not had any issues with any of the crew members but there has always been a very small group of other cruisers who cause issues. That's why I try very hard to do 8-day or longer cruises. Have seen too many of the 3 and 4 day party cruises out here on the west coast.

Thanks all of you who shared your Glory experience with us.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

This reminds me of one of the Housewives Of shows where a big group went on a Mediterranean cruise. They were obnoxious from the beginning to the end! The lady with the 2 little girls she dresses up in strange outfits was the worst!

Too bad you had that riff raff.

Remember when they were in Venice and looking for the Chanel

store. She asked everyone for directions in English. But she speaks

fluent Italian. :rolleyes:

My family was on the Glory out of Boston 6/23-6/28 - I agree spot on about the food, esp in the MDR - it was the first cruise we've ever been on where we had a negative dining experience (cold food, slow service)... definitely disappointing!!

Not always, but more times than not, you hear of the shorter cruises being more of a party atmosphere. Sorry you had so many issues on this cruise. May you next one be extra special. :)

Thanks. I don't want it to seem like I had a lot of issues. It was a good overall cruise. Just a few crude boys(they weren't mature enough to be men) & 1 horrible waiter. Other than that nothing was worth a second thought. The food is banquet food not fine dining so there are bound to be some blips in the quality.

I would cruise on Carnival again, but a 7 nighter. We're actually looking at the 7 night Canadian for next year because we enjoyed seeing Canada so much.

Archived