Carnival shares

Is ANZ the only way to get a Global E-trade account or do other banks have them too ??

Thanks

just go online to Etrade and fill out the forms.... they create a trading account that you link your bank account to.... then you just transfer monies in and out...

I think there was a a button to press if you are a ANZ customer...

We just linked ours to our st george account.....

joanne

Hi all

I am considering buying Carnival Shares.

Windsor 21 mentioned buying on the USA share market and won't have a problem relating to OBC.

I believe the UK share market gives the same benefits relating to OBC entitlements??

Also it was mentioned in another post brokerage was about $40,

Through Direct shares (St George) for 100 shares the fees and taxes are around $190.

Any commentsor clarifications appreciated

Regards

Norm

just open an Etrade account then apply for global trade... you can then link to st george account

fees were only $59

after you apply for your etrade account and send in your proof of being you ... they open your account... then i filled in the global forms and just wrote on the bottom that they already had my proof of identity and they approved it... ( that is what they told me to do when I rang them )

• 1 month later...

Hi

I hope I am not going to bore everyone but I am about to buy some shares with Carnival through the Commonwealth bank (Commsec). I already joined 3 months ago, then ran out of time before my cruise.

Anyway time to buy now. I am having the funds transferred from my bank so that I have US cash sitting in my International account ready for the purchase.

Now I am NEW to this share business. I know I need to not do margin lending to get the shares so I presume the cash in the account is the right way to go?

When it shows as available then I should ring Commsec and let them guide me through the steps? Is this right.

I really need and appreicate some guidence:D

Thanks

I am so lagging on this. :o I have to prove myself to ETrade - I have my account but have to get myself off to get the docs witnessed. I have a cruise with Cunard planned for March and another in July with Princess, so worth it to do something.

I am so lagging on this. :o I have to prove myself to ETrade - I have my account but have to get myself off to get the docs witnessed. I have a cruise with Cunard planned for March and another in July with Princess, so worth it to do something.

Get off your butt and get to it! :eek::D

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. We are just in the process of applying for our Global Markets Trading Account (Westpac Broking) so we can purchase our shares (wish we had bought them when some of you had ... they are trading at $39+ at the moment - so we'll be in for around $4K - still think it's definitely worth it though).

Do you know if there's a qualification period you have to hold the shares for in order to apply for the OBC - we are cruising next on 6 April and if we can line all of our ducks up wondered if we would qualify for the OBC for that cruise or if we'll need to wait until our next one.

Thanks for all your input on this thread - really helped me out a lot working through the process of how to do this!:)

Edited by LouLou28

Hello everyone. We are just in the process of applying for our Global Markets Trading Account (Westpac Broking) so we can purchase our shares (wish we had bought them when some of you had ... they are trading at $39+ at the moment - so we'll be in for around $4K - still think it's definitely worth it though).

Do you know if there's a qualification period you have to hold the shares for in order to apply for the OBC - we are cruising next on 6 April and if we can line all of our ducks up wondered if we would qualify for the OBC for that cruise or if we'll need to wait until our next one.

Thanks for all your input on this thread - really helped me out a lot working through the process of how to do this!:)

You will probably scrape through time wise.... go for it. Once you have your confirmation on your shares, you can go online and get a copy of your share portfolio and that is all you need to apply for the OBC... get your TA to do it.... Our TA was on a learning curve when she did ours, had never done one before, it is very easy and fast if you have booked using an Aussie TA (Once they know what they are doing) When you use a US TA it takes a bit longer as the demand is more and therefore approval takes a bit longer.

We have applied for ours for our B2B cruise next month (one booked with Aussie TA and one booked with US TA) Both OBC were done without any problems.

Enjoy your cruise and OBC!

You will probably scrape through time wise.... go for it. Once you have your confirmation on your shares' date=' you can go online and get a copy of your share portfolio and that is all you need to apply for the OBC... get your TA to do it.... Our TA was on a learning curve when she did ours, had never done one before, it is very easy and fast if you have booked using an Aussie TA (Once they know what they are doing) When you use a US TA it takes a bit longer as the demand is more and therefore approval takes a bit longer.

We have applied for ours for our B2B cruise next month (one booked with Aussie TA and one booked with US TA) Both OBC were done without any problems.

Enjoy your cruise and OBC![/quote']

Thanks Eileen ... will get onto it!

I have finally done something about setting up an account through Westpac which is an Online Investing Account and then I think the next step is opening a Global Account so I can buy shares.

However I am concerned as to whether this is the right way to go about it ?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this

Cheers

Heather

Edited by dougo in oz

I have finally done something about setting up an account through Westpac which is an Online Investing Account and then I think the next step is opening a Global Account so I can buy shares.

However I am concerned as to whether this is the right way to go about it ?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this

Cheers

Heather

It sounds like it will work - what are your concerns?

It sounds like it will work - what are your concerns?

My concerns are that I will inadvertantly not have the stock held by us, but rather a consolidator (?)

I thought I read something earlier on this thread or perhaps it was a link to another thread about that ... I couldn't find the reference when I looked for it last night.

Thanks

My concerns are that I will inadvertantly not have the stock held by us, but rather a consolidator (?)

I thought I read something earlier on this thread or perhaps it was a link to another thread about that ... I couldn't find the reference when I looked for it last night.

Thanks

Does Westpac have a help line where you ring them and they help you through the process? That way you can make sure you are doing the right thing and you will have the shares in your name and not a holding company.

It was very easy when I did mine through ANZ.... she talked me all the way through. You have to have your global account up and running with sufficient funds in the account ready for trading though.

Good luck.

Thanks

I note they say "Your international securities will be held in the custody of an International Custodian" I believe that just means custody as it says, rather than stating ownership, but it might be best to call them to check.

You need a brokerage statement with your personal details, showing your holding.

BTW, I note they also charge US63.50 for year if you purchase the shares then don't do any more trading. Might be something to keep in mind, or be aware of anyway.