Carnival shares

The only catch with RCCL share OBC's is that any other OBC that you may be entitled to from RCCL may be negated by applying this shareholder option. :mad:

So it's best to check what other RCCL OBC's you are entitled to (such as future cruise OBC) before you submit for your shareholder one, as your future cruise one may be worth more!

If you're talking RCL they don't combine, so it's not "may" but you definitely won't be able to use it if you have any other OBC from RCL e.g. WOW sales, onboard booking or any of their other offers. You can only choose one RCL offer.

That is a pain, as it also means you lose out on the foreign exchange conversion. Plus presumably you'll have to transfer more than the amount to cater for whatever the market price is on the day you transact in case it's gone up. And then you'll have another account to maintain?

Yeah ... you would probably end up having a USD account if you were someone who traded regularly. I don't think the amount of this transaction is going to cause us much grief with the dollar the way it is ... and we're certainly not going to be regular traders! Just hope it all is relatively smooth!!! (Shares were down a bit more today ... will be interesting to see what they open at overnight ... we may get them even cheaper than we had budgeted for!)

Right, so the Etrade account has been set up for a while, and I have finally got myself into gear and had the documents certified and application form filled out. I've transferred money in readiness. Now, just have to wait for ANZ to let me know it's sorted.

Funny what booking a cruise will make you do. I'm going on QM2 and they make it easy by providing a lot of info on their landing page. It says "only until Jul 1 2013" but think that's just the way they do it.

It says "only until Jul 1 2013" but think that's just the way they do it.

The offers are only for each current financial year, hence the date.

They've been renewing them for a while, but there is always the possibility that they decide not to (or otherwise change them).

Closed at $35.85US yesterday. Fair chance it'll go down a little further tonight.

Hoping. :). Apologies to those who currently hold.

How are the dividends paid? So much for due diligence in buying shares. :)

Hoping. :). Apologies to those who currently hold.

How are the dividends paid? So much for due diligence in buying shares. :)

Quarterly, you just missed the latest ($25 for 100 shares). Not sure how your broker handles it but it may be credited to your brokerage account.

Yay ...

today I got my contract note / tax invoice and bought them for $AUD 35.50 each ($US 35.86)... naturally I would have been happier to buy them at a cheaper price but I was prepared to pay more so I'm happy with the price.

Just to confirm, the share certificate etc has to be FAXED in to Carnival ... not emailed ? I expect I will get that sometime in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Heather

Nice. Cunard obviously manages shares differently

Taken from Cunards Website:

Shareholder Benefit Information

The benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 Carnival shares. Once a booking has been made through travel agent, website or via call centre, please supply your booking details, including passenger name, reservation number, ship and sailing date with relevant proof of share ownership to be emailed to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com no later than two weeks prior to sailing. The benefit is currently valid for cruise departures up to and including July 31 2013. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied cabin/stateroom. We are unable to grant shareholder benefit once onboard. Certain restrictions apply.

Please contact Tel. 612 8413 2441 or Nz 0800 543 431 email: ShareHolder@carnivalaustralia.com. For general shareholder information please visit http://www.carnivalcorp.com/

If you go to the Carnival Corporation Website, and search under "Shareholder Benefit," it gives you what appears to be the official statement of the benefit for all their cruise lines. As of today (March 5, 2013), the website contains a PDF dated August 2012. This PDF says that, to get the benefit, you must reserve your cruise before the end of February 2013, and sail by the end of June 2013. Pretty clearly, then, if you reserve your cruise today (i.e., in March 2013) you are NOT entitled to the benefit, regardless of when you sail. Is the Carnival website out of date?? Have they announced an extension of the benefit, but not updated their website posting??

Thanks to anyone who has info!

Edited by Petersonfcu

Nice. Cunard obviously manages shares differently

Taken from Cunards Website:

Shareholder Benefit Information

The benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 Carnival shares. Once a booking has been made through travel agent, website or via call centre, please supply your booking details, including passenger name, reservation number, ship and sailing date with relevant proof of share ownership to be emailed to shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com no later than two weeks prior to sailing. The benefit is currently valid for cruise departures up to and including July 31 2013. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied cabin/stateroom. We are unable to grant shareholder benefit once onboard. Certain restrictions apply.

Please contact Tel. 612 8413 2441 or Nz 0800 543 431 email: ShareHolder@carnivalaustralia.com. For general shareholder information please visit www.carnivalcorp.com/

If you booked a cruise through a US TA, then the request would have to be sent to Carnival in the US by fax according to the site I saw, and in my case, Princess

PRINCESS CRUISES*

Booking Support

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661 753 0180

Click here to view our Shareholder Benefit.

It would certainly be easier to send it to an Aussie address but I don't think I can do that.

Edited by dougo in oz