Carnival shares

My shares are through a US stockbroker, and paid in USD, so all I do is a calculation on the day the dividends are paid at the Reserve Bank's rate and declare it on the tax return. ( I also have a US credit union account and do the same with the interest paid there).

Hi,

Excuse me for butting in to your thread. We are very interested in buying the CCl shares, I tried thru my stockbroker and no luck, apparently he said we need to buy 1000 or more. Then spoke with E-Trade who said we can buy them but will be unable to take advantage of the OBC I have attached her response:

"Please note that you are able to purchase Carnival PLC shares if your E*TRADE account is activated for global share trading. However, you will not be able to take advantage of the 'extra on board credits' when cruising due to custodian relationship with E*TRADE Australia."

So any additional info or help would be appreciated I am happy to give my e-mail address if any would like to discuss this futher with me.

Thanks for any help in anticipation

Regards Lynda

Hi Eileen

Kevin bought our 100 Carnival shares through Etrade., last year Cost us $3000 & approx $40 brokerage (I think). We have got our OBC for every cruise, including the 2 dayers we did on Princess & P & O ($50 for these 2 dayers) to get to Elite.

I just had to email a copy of our brokerage statement, along with cruise details to Carnival(after final payment)I had bookings through US & OZ & all of our a/cs had been credited with the OBC,( though it is only 1 per stateroom, so no point buying 2 lots.)

Besides the OBC, we have also got dividends & we figure its like any shares- a long term investment & since we love Princess, its a WIN WIN situation.

Cheers

Tanya

Hi,Excuse me for butting in to your thread. We are very interested in buying the CCl shares, I tried thru my stockbroker and no luck, apparently he said we need to buy 1000 or more. Then spoke with E-Trade who said we can buy them but will be unable to take advantage of the OBC I have attached her response:

Regards Lynda

Thats exactly the question that needs to be asked. It needs to be sorted before such a large amount of money is expended. No use buying them if you cant qualify.

There is a thread on the Princess board about the form you need to fill in. I think its just for Americans and Brits...So how do Aussies and Kiwis get on...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1681227

Question from the form.....

Required proof of eligibility

Included is a photocopy of:

(Please check one)

Shareholder proxy card

Current shares certificate

Current brokerage statement

Nominee statement

Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.

Hi,

Excuse me for butting in to your thread. We are very interested in buying the CCl shares, I tried thru my stockbroker and no luck, apparently he said we need to buy 1000 or more. Then spoke with E-Trade who said we can buy them but will be unable to take advantage of the OBC I have attached her response:

"Please note that you are able to purchase Carnival PLC shares if your E*TRADE account is activated for global share trading. However, you will not be able to take advantage of the 'extra on board credits' when cruising due to custodian relationship with E*TRADE Australia."

So any additional info or help would be appreciated I am happy to give my e-mail address if any would like to discuss this futher with me.

Regards Lynda

Thats exactly the question that needs to be asked. It needs to be sorted before such a large amount of money is expended. No use buying them if you cant qualify.

There is a thread on the Princess board about the form you need to fill in. I think its just for Americans and Brits...So how do Aussies and Kiwis get on...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1681227

Question from the form.....

Required proof of eligibility

Included is a photocopy of:

(Please check one)

Shareholder proxy card

Current shares certificate

Current brokerage statement

Nominee statement

Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.

Lynda,

I think you need to do a bit more research regarding who you buy the shares from.... if you look at the second posting in the above link that David posted, you will see that Aussies can indeed claim the OBC. I will be looking into purchasing our shares in the next few weeks, and have an appointment with our bank manager today, so will ask which is the best way to buy shares and have them in my name so we can claim the OBC. As David said there is no point in having the shares if you can't utilise them fully.

Good luck and let everyone know what you find out... as I will.

Hi,

Regards Lynda

Hi Lynda

Asked my hubby who bought our shares & said that to make sure you buy them through your Etrade cash account not a Margin lending a/c.(as that is when etrade owns the shares.

As per my previous post, since we have bought the ahares, we have had no problems getting the OBC aplied to our bookings

Cheers

Tanya

All been pretty much answered by now but you can also buy UK listed Carnival shares as well if that suits you better as it did for us having lived there for a while and retained a bank account. Same process, get a statement from your broker, or in our case the nominee account holder, email it to Seabourn or whichever line you're on a bit before you sail and the credit advice appears in an envelope in your suite when you check in. Couldn't be simpler. How to bank dividends, currently 4 x US0.25 per annum per share, will be a bigger problem unless, as we do, it goes into the UK bank account which we usewhen we're in Europe.

Couldn't be simpler. How to bank dividends, currently 4 x US0.25 per annum per share, will be a bigger problem unless, as we do, it goes into the UK bank account which we usewhen we're in Europe.

Our dividends go into the Etrade cash a/c.(quarterly)

Cheers

Tanya

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their input and sharing, I am not going to give up, I have e-mailed E Trade again today, so hopefully someone will get back to me with a positive response.

Cheers Lynda

quote=stki;34817601]Our dividends go into the Etrade cash a/c.(quarterly)

Cheers

Tanya

Does this OBC also apply to Holland America Cruises?

Yes, certainly does.

We have received the On Board Credit for several cruises on Holland America.

If you cruise several times each year, can apply for the OBC for each cruise.

Just thanking everyone who gave advice and tips on buying the shares, and to let you all know I finally pressed the button and bought the shares on "E Trade". I felt quite exhilirated once I had pressed the buy button.

I checked with Princess and the Contract Note that you receive is sufficient to secure the OBC's. So our next cruise in January 2013 I will apply for them. Just as a matter of interest to everyone the e-mail address if you have any queries is : shareholderbenefits@carnivalaustralia.com

Hi Lynda

Asked my hubby who bought our shares & said that to make sure you buy them through your Etrade cash account not a Margin lending a/c.(as that is when etrade owns the shares.

As per my previous post, since we have bought the ahares, we have had no problems getting the OBC aplied to our bookings

Cheers

Tanya

• 2 weeks later...
How do you apply for it? Do they send you a form to fill in?

No, they do not send a form.

We used to apply directly to the Cruiseline fax address for shareholder benefit as listed on the Carnival Corporation & PLC information page on their website, with the name of the ship and cruise date, our booking number and request confirmation by e-mail, but a couple of years ago we were told to apply through our Travel Agent, which we did last year, and last week applied for our cruise this coming December.

Now, we just take the the most recent confirmation of share ownership from our stockbroker, with our account number crossed out, to our Travel Agent, who photo copies the statement and sends to the NZ agent to obtain the OBC.

Last year we received confirmation that the OBC had been credited to our booking, but I still took the confirmation with us on board the ship, just in case the message had not been received on board......but it had. Will do the same in December.

Just thanking everyone who gave advice and tips on buying the shares, and to let you all know I finally pressed the button and bought the shares on "E Trade". I felt quite exhilirated once I had pressed the buy button.

I checked with Princess and the Contract Note that you receive is sufficient to secure the OBC's. So our next cruise in January 2013 I will apply for them. Just as a matter of interest to everyone the e-mail address if you have any queries is : shareholderbenefits@carnivalaustralia.com

I have been trying to buy the shares tonight but they tell me l have to buy them through the global trading account and have to fill in all the associated forms so l can purchase them on the new York stock exchange..... how did you buy yours?

I have been trying to buy the shares tonight but they tell me l have to buy them through the global trading account and have to fill in all the associated forms so l can purchase them on the new York stock exchange..... how did you buy yours?

Eileen

YGM

Tanya

Hi,

When I applied for shares I had the same issue, you can download the necessary forms on line, you need to supply proof of identity, copy of drivers license or similar , plus a signed declaration from the usual suspects, i.e. doctor, JP etc.

Then you post them back in, it only took a couple of days - I just checked on line to see if I had access. I know it sounds tedious - because all you want are the shares and the OBC as quickly as possible.

But hang in there you will get them and be glad you did when you receive your confirmation for the extra $$$$$.

I have only paid the deposit on our next cruise which is Jan 2013, and they have already sent a confirmation letter to my TA, who in turn has confirmed this with me.

Also good advice given on a previous post - is to take your proof of the shares on board with you, just in case there are any hiccups.

I have attached a previous post from me with the Carnival e-mail address

for future reference should you need it.

Good luck and enjoy.

Yeah! We are now share holders of Carnival

Hi Folks:

I have been a CCL shareholder for 13 years and reaped lots and lots of benefits. Both David and Eileen sort of know this. ;)

As of this week you now must either fax the form or send it snail mail, together with a copy of your current brokerage statement with CCL circled. Please search for the form you need, copy it and then keep it for future reference. I have a copy in my documents, but for some reason it won't allow me to forward it, copy it and paste it, etc.

Hi Folks:

I have been a CCL shareholder for 13 years and reaped lots and lots of benefits. Both David and Eileen sort of know this. ;)

As of this week you now must either fax the form or send it snail mail, together with a copy of your current brokerage statement with CCL circled. Please search for the form you need, copy it and then keep it for future reference. I have a copy in my documents, but for some reason it won't allow me to forward it, copy it and paste it, etc.

This might be the link you are talking about.....

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Then click on the shareholders benefits link. Gives you all the information you need. I wonder though - how up with it are the Aussie TA's to do this for us?

This might be the link you are talking about.....

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Then click on the shareholders benefits link. Gives you all the information you need. I wonder though - how up with it are the Aussie TA's to do this for us?

Eileen, this is the form you need to submit with your brokerage statement.

CCLShareholderBenefitsAug2012.pdf

Sorry. It's not responding correctly.

Edited by Pia1913