Ccl shareholder benefit change

LAC2

Was told by the Booking Support Department that effective today there is no valid email address to use to apply for the shareholder onboard credit benefit. Request must be faxed or mailed.

Prior to my call I tried to email our request and the email was returned undeliverable. I looked up the Carnival Corp. Investor Relations website for contact information and benefit details. With this information I phoned the number provided and was given the above information. They said that they no longer have a valid email address.

Hope this does not prolong the processing. :eek:

Again, they said this was effective today 8/22/12.

The fax number is (661) 753-0180 ATTN: Booking Support.

I sent a copy of my Booking Confirmation page that show all the cruise pertinent information and reflects that it has been paid in full. I wrote our Booking Number in the Subject Line of my fax cover sheet. Also sent was a copy of our brokerage account status today and our last statement showing the number of CCL shares owned.

I don't know anything about the Military Benefit. Sorry.

Was told by the Booking Support Department that effective today there is no valid email address to use to apply for the shareholder onboard credit benefit. Request must be faxed or mailed.

Prior to my call I tried to email our request and the email was returned undeliverable. I looked up the Carnival Corp. Investor Relations website for contact information and benefit details. With this information I phoned the number provided and was given the above information. They said that they no longer have a valid email address.

Hope this does not prolong the processing. :eek:

Again, they said this was effective today 8/22/12.

Now I am retired that's going to be painful. I'll have to set up my multifunction printer to be able to fax.

They did say you could mail (snail mail) them a request with the necessary information. I just like having some kind of confirmation that it was sent and received ok, i.e. fax.

Guess I will need to purchase a fax/scanner/printer when and if I ever get to retire. :o

Now I am retired that's going to be painful. I'll have to set up my multifunction printer to be able to fax.

If you have a smart phone you can fax it by phone using a free app... "Files Anywhere". If you have a paper brokerage statement...you would need to scan it first and upload it to "Files Anywhere" on your computer and then download it to your phone and send. It would be easier to fax it from your printer, but this is another way to do it. I usually print up the statement and then scan as I like to black out the other info (such as account #, etc.) on the statement before I email it. We recently decided to eliminate our land line and just use our cell phones and I wanted to have a way to be able to send the occasional fax....although faxing is almost obsolete since email seems to be preferred. Except in this case, seems they are going backwards!:eek: At any rate, "Files Anywhere" works well for me.

Liz

Odd, you'd think they'd prefer that things would be submitted by email. And their form that's for this year lists the email address, so that's going to confuse people.

And oddly, they were still sending email from the one that you submit to as of yesterday (I received confirmation from them yesterday, from the same address I sent to).

That's disappointing news! We live in the "sticks" and don't have a fax machine. Discontinued landline phone a few years ago. We are "old-fashioned" and don't have smart phones, just very basic cell-phones. In the past, I just scanned the stock statement, and then emailed it as an attachment.

Guess I'll have to go backwards and revert to sending it by mail. How odd!

Of course, I'll try sending a copy of the statement by email anyway when it's closer to my cruise - just to see what happens.

I just followed a link for the annual announcement of this benefit ... the PDF has been revised and there no longer is any email address shown for any of the CCL cruiselines.

Hopefully, this will permit a more efficient handling of requests.

I compared the PDF from the link to the one that I had downloaded earlier this year and sure enough, they removed all of the email addresses. I've attached the old one in case anyone is interested in checking for any other changes.

ShareholderBenefits2012.pdf

Hi,

I have a self managed superannuation fund ( Personal Retirement Fund )and was wondering if I am entitled to the CCL Shareholder Benefit if my fund owns the shares or if the shares have to be in my name?

Also if there is another thread that I should post this to I'd happily oblige.

Many thanks

Peter

Hi,

I have a self managed superannuation fund ( Personal Retirement Fund )and was wondering if I am entitled to the CCL Shareholder Benefit if my fund owns the shares or if the shares have to be in my name?

Also if there is another thread that I should post this to I'd happily oblige.

Many thanks

Peter

The requirement is to provide them with "a photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement."

I would think that as long as you can provide one of the above .....and the shares or account are in your name it would be accepted.

Wow, this must be a really really recent change, because I just sent my request for CCL shareholders' benefits on board credits a couple of weeks ago and got my reply email that they had been granted. I would much prefer the email method than the faxed method of requesting these.

Archived