Ccl shareholder benefit change

LAC2

It seems ridiculous in this day and age to stop using email! Nobody uses fax any more!

This was on the shareholder benefit form that Princess emailed to me on June 27, 2012: It shows all three methods of transmission. :confused:

Submit via email, fax or mail

Submit this request together with your required proof of eligibility c/o Princess Cruises Booking Support Dept. via:

In the US and Canada

Email: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Fax: (661) 753-0180

Mail: 24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355 U.S.A

In the UK

EMAIL: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Mail: Carnival UK, Carnival House

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton, Hampshire SO15 1ST United Kingdom

Phone: 44 (0) 8453 555 800

This was on the shareholder benefit form that Princess emailed to me on June 27, 2012: It shows all three methods of transmission. :confused:

Submit via email, fax or mail

Submit this request together with your required proof of eligibility c/o Princess Cruises Booking Support Dept. via:

In the US and Canada

Email: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Fax: (661) 753-0180

Mail: 24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355 U.S.A

In the UK

EMAIL: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Mail: Carnival UK, Carnival House

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton, Hampshire SO15 1ST United Kingdom

Phone: 44 (0) 8453 555 800

If you look at the Carnival Corp website ( http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit ), they have dropped the email addresses and from other reports, the adresses no longer work. It appears the change took place this month.

I too dislike the idea of losing the ability to send the requests in via email.

It is so much easier. But for those of you who do not have access to a fax and have a landline phone, there is a simple solution. Get a USB Phone/Internet/Fax Modem. They cost between $10 and $25. I bought mine at Amazon last year when I needed to fax some legal docs. Works like a charm if you have an OS with the fax option for printing. Just copy and paste USB Phone/Internet/Fax Modem in the amazon search box and lots of different makes and models will show up.

I too do not understand why Princess would want to eliminate email as an option. It is faster and easier than either snail mail or a fax. I sent in my shareholder benefits request last week and it went through. I requested an email confirmation. I wonder if this means I will not get a confirmation by email, but must request a snail mail confirmation. I guess I will have to call them to find out. Anyone still getting email confirmations?

I emailed our shareholder obc request on 8/12 but hadn't received a confirmation back yet. Just called Princess and was told they are currently working on requests received 8/9 and mine should be done shortly at which time they will send me a confirmation that it has been applied.

My TA said Princess made a few changes. They are processing the ones with the soonest sail date first. My guess is they got behind and couldn't keep up with the e-mail requests. It may be easier for them to manually sort them to get caught up.

To answer TinyG - Submit after final payment.

To answer Peter's question - if you have a brokeage statement of your PRF showing Carnival with at least 100 shares, and the PRF is in your name, you should be able to submit. If it just shows the name of the PRF without the breakdown, you may not be eligable.

Someone suggested to me to contact the investor relations person

Here is the info:

Carnival Corporation

Beth Roberts

Vice President Investor Relations

Carnival Place

MSEO1000

3655 N.W. 87 Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178-2428

Main Telephone: 305-599-2600

IR Department: 305-406-5539

I am sure if a lot of people contact her with their annoyance with this change perhaps they will do something, we are shareholders after all, even if it is only 100 shares.

Vickie

for those of you who do not have access to a fax and have a landline phone, there is a simple solution. Get a USB Phone/Internet/Fax Modem.

Technically, those won't work if you have a voip phone line. I got lucky and found one that does, but generally speaking, you probably won't be so lucky.

Was told by the Booking Support Department that effective today there is no valid email address to use to apply for the shareholder onboard credit benefit. Request must be faxed or mailed.

If I were cynical, I would say that a benefit to CCL is that it makes

it harder for people to submit the request.

On there other hand, I've read posts here that say:

"I emailed the form and didn't hear anything, so

I emailed the form and didn't hear anything, so

I emailed the form and didn't hear anything..."

This should make for fewer duplicates to wade through.

I've always gone to UPS and had them fax the required information to Princess. Only takes a couple of minutes and costs a couple of dollars and I know right away that Princess received it. And, I've never had a problem getting the OBC. It couldn't be easier.

Faxed mine on August 7th, It appeared in my personalizer this morning. Since I booked direct, I could check it. I requested an email confirmation with submission and never got anything from Princess. So it did take 16 days to appear in my account. Wish they would send a confirmation. I always got one even if booking with a travel agent. This troubles me that they are hit and miss with confirmations.

Maybe they were getting too much spam? Maybe some folks were using the shareholders email address to enquire about other things?

I cannot imagine why else they would revert to fax. The sorting doesn't make sense as they could just print each email and could sort them that way.

Unless they were having trouble with reading the scans because the quality of them was poor in some cases?

I don't understand either! This seems backwards!!

Maybe they were getting too much spam? Maybe some folks were using the shareholders email address to enquire about other things?

I cannot imagine why else they would revert to fax.

Remember this change away from e-mail was for all the Carnival brands, not just Princess.

When is a good time to send it in now? Did they change the when it should be in by?

Yes. They are now strictly enforcing a rule that you must send a proof of ownership that's dated less than 90 days before sailing. They always had this policy, but never enforced it until now. So now you have to make final payment before you know if they'll post your OBC in time. Ex. Our sailing dates for a btb are in late Nov. Our final payment dates are Sept.6 and Sept. 16, but most recent statement "within 90 days of sailing" will be the 3Q which would be issued after Sept. 30th.

And I'm more than a little annoyed by the deletion of email as an option. Who has a home fax anymore? And snail mail when they are enforcing these tight time restrictions? One might think they were purposefully trying to create a falling thru the cracks situation.

If I were cynical, I would say that a benefit to CCL is that it makes

it harder for people to submit the request.

On there other hand, I've read posts here that say:

"I emailed the form and didn't hear anything, so

I emailed the form and didn't hear anything, so

I emailed the form and didn't hear anything..."

This should make for fewer duplicates to wade through.

That's what I'm thinkin'

Emailed our documents two weeks ago and received our credit two days ago.

I would guess the change was implemented after you submitted your stuff ... as others noted above, emails are not even going thru anymore and the cruiseline email addresses have been de-activated.

Put it in the mail. That is what I have done for years for all of Carnival brands and never had a problem.

Support the US Postal Service!

not everyone lives in the US, mail service to the US from Canada can sometimes take forever.

I will find a fax machine but am not happy about having to create more paper. Even my broker sends me e statements!

This change is very recent as July 28 sent in for Sept trip and got confirmation thru our TA first week of August.

To FAX or NOT to FAX, that is the Question?

Can you buy an American/N American MADE FAX Machine now?

I always send it by FAX as it costs less than Postage does and the Delivery by Hand-Shake is quicker than saying Costa Rica.. well on a 4G it is..:eek:.

Archived