Ccl shareholder benefit change

LAC2

Given the number of cruise lines owned by Carnival, this shareholder benefit for frequent cruisers sounds like an excellent deal. I'm starting to organise our trading account to purchase global shares. I'm taking a European cruise in July next year on Princess, and the shares I buy will be from USA exchange, so it sounds like I should send a FAX :eek: about a month before the cruise to the FAX number indicated above.

I think they have resorted to Faxes to make it more difficult to be honest. Just that extra step and some might not bother. You can at least get a read receipt from an email but a FAX?

I would send the request as soon as you make the final payment. More chance to correcrt any problems.

I just sent off two faxes using Free Fax and got a confirmation from Free Fax that they both were delivered and I started to laugh just thinking about how ridiculous this fax requirement for shareholders obc is. I have no idea how many shareholders Princess alone might have that now need to do this but I can just imagine how much paper they will now have to buy and wear and tear on fax machines let alone I now can imagine them requiring another person just to unload all the requests and maybe another person just loading the fax machine with paper. If Carnivals only purpose for doing this is to make it difficult for there customers to apply then I think they made a big mistake. But I guess unless the extra step really does stop some customers from applying then I can only see Carnival paying extra for this move. What will be will be. :)

Paul

I doubt they are printing the faxes they receive. They would probably be routed to a fax server and handled electronically from there.

I agree that it seems to be a step back in technology to revert to faxes from email. :eek:

I think they have resorted to Faxes to make it more difficult to be honest. Just that extra step and some might not bother. You can at least get a read receipt from an email but a FAX?

Faxes also can result in a received (by the other electronic device, not by a human) receipt.

Faxes also can result in a received (by the other electronic device, not by a human) receipt.

This is the confirmation I received from Free Fax when I used their service.

"Your fax to Booking Support at 6617530180 has been sent successfully!

Your fax included 1 page of coversheet with your text and 1 page of attached documents."

It really is not much of a receipt but at least acknowledges something was sent to the fax number. My question would be, would Princess try and contact you if something was not correct in document info. In the past they did contact me by email when the email system was working but now by using a fax I am not so sure if they would bother. Anyways I am sure Princess's motives are good :)

I doubt they are printing the faxes they receive. They would probably be routed to a fax server and handled electronically from there.

I agree that it seems to be a step back in technology to revert to faxes from email. :eek:

AND... I wonder if they will still email you a confirmation that the benefits have been approved? it never shows up online in the "My Princess" page, so how are you ever going to know you got it until you get on the ship??

this last time, I asked for, and received an email stating my request was approved. I printed it and will take it with me.

AND... I wonder if they will still email you a confirmation that the benefits have been approved? it never shows up online in the "My Princess" page, so how are you ever going to know you got it until you get on the ship??

I have wondered the same thing and keeping thinking this is all a bad dream.....even those of us who still have home fax machines don't all have them set up for the auto-receipt of faxes. I am beginning to think that I will allow our TA handle this in the future.

this last time, I asked for, and received an email stating my request was approved. I printed it and will take it with me.

On the submission form there is a line for your email address. Place a star (*) at the beginning and also a * at the bottom of the page. At the bottom say: Please confirm via email. I have been doing this for quite some time and have been receiving emails for all. The one I submitted for my 10/6 cruise took 18 days. Now waiting for the one for my 10/28 cruise which I submitted a week ago.

Maybe Carnival should change the requirement to a minimum holding of 1,000 shares instead of 100.

That should reduce the workload of the employees who grant the OBC and enable the rest of us who still qualify to get better service.

Frankly the investment in 100 shares is fairly trivial these days, its about the cost of just one 14 day cruise for 2 in a balcony cabin, and increasing it to a holding of 1,000 would make sure the OBC went to dedicated and serious investors in Carnival.

Back, maybe 15/20 years ago, you only needed one share of Disney stock to get hotel discounts and other perks. Soooo-everyone owned at least one share. Then they changed it to 100 shares and that's where it stayed. Not so many bought the 100 shares just to get a discount every 2 or 3 years.

If you aren't a frequent cruiser, then owning 100 shares of CCL isn't worth tying up the cash.

Back, maybe 15/20 years ago, you only needed one share of Disney stock to get hotel discounts and other perks. Soooo-everyone owned at least one share. Then they changed it to 100 shares and that's where it stayed. Not so many bought the 100 shares just to get a discount every 2 or 3 years.

If you aren't a frequent cruiser, then owning 100 shares of CCL isn't worth tying up the cash.

If you take one 7 day cruise per year, you get $100 OBC and $100 diviend. That is about a 6% return.

If you take one 14 day cruise each year, you ber $250 OBC abd $100 diviend. That is a 10% return.

If you take one 7 day cruise per year, you get $100 OBC and $100 diviend. That is about a 6% return.

If you take one 14 day cruise each year, you ber $250 OBC abd $100 diviend. That is a 10% return.

And if you take a four day cruise like we are doing next week, you get $50. Not bad. :)

I dunno ... 100 shares of CCL is currently returning $100 a year in dividends alone, and that's without cruising at all. Even at $35 per share (which is high), that's a return of around 2.8%.

It's been great for many years and we have 250 shares. The return is better than most, even without all the OBC. I had thought of unloading some of it since it's pure profit, but I'm a piggie and want to wait until it goes higher.

We have both CCL and RCI and I would keep the CCL and would like to sell the RCI.

CCL is higher than what we bought it for (even after the unfortunate Concordia accident) and you can use the stockholder benefit with other incentives such as FCC. We are Platinum with Princess.

RCI is 60% of what we bought it for and isn't combineable with other incentives, which stinks once you start booking many cruises in advance to which we have now started to do. Now that we are Platinum and soon Diamond there are better discounts that you can't combine with the shareholder benefit.

In our situation CCL is a good stock to own, for the dividend when we aren't crusing Princess, and the combineable credits when we return to Princess. When RCI raises in price I will let it go, and use the loss to an advantage on my tax return.

We have both CCL and RCI and I would keep the CCL and would like to sell the RCI.

CCL is higher than what we bought it for (even after the unfortunate Concordia accident) and you can use the stockholder benefit with other incentives such as FCC. We are Platinum with Princess.

RCI is 60% of what we bought it for and isn't combineable with other incentives, which stinks once you start booking many cruises in advance to which we have now started to do. Now that we are Platinum and soon Diamond there are better discounts that you can't combine with the shareholder benefit.

In our situation CCL is a good stock to own, for the dividend when we aren't crusing Princess, and the combineable credits when we return to Princess. When RCI raises in price I will let it go, and use the loss to an advantage on my tax return.

We had RCI too for a little while some years ago. It did nothing and then went down and fiddled around and.............goodbye. We got rid of it.

We had RCI too for a little while some years ago. It did nothing and then went down and fiddled around and.............goodbye. We got rid of it.

I will be joining you Pia. You wouldn't believe my surprise when we got a call from our TA and she informed us that we couldn't combine our RCI stockholder benefit with our FCC, and we had to decide which credit we wanted to use. What really made my jaw drop was the fact that we were staying in the Royal Loft Suite on the Oasis. An extra $100 credit we couldn't have, but then we did book the most expensive room so was the $100 credit wasn't really that important.

Really just left me shaking my head a bit, but they were following the rules that are for everybody. I hope Princess doesn't go down that road like RCI, or I will be selling that stock too.

I will be joining you Pia. You wouldn't believe my surprise when we got a call from our TA and she informed us that we couldn't combine our RCI stockholder benefit with our FCC, and we had to decide which credit we wanted to use. What really made my jaw drop was the fact that we were staying in the Royal Loft Suite on the Oasis. An extra $100 credit we couldn't have, but then we did book the most expensive room so was the $100 credit wasn't really that important.

Really just left me shaking my head a bit, but they were following the rules that are for everybody. I hope Princess doesn't go down that road like RCI, or I will be selling that stock too.

As a shareholder for more than 13 years, I don't worry. In fact, not only do we combine on Princess, but they have enhanced it. At one time you couldn't and then they changed it. Viva La Princess!

For 2012 we will have amassed $1750 shareholder and $1700 military. Then comes FCC's, TA and Loyalty. :D

As a shareholder for more than 13 years, I don't worry. In fact, not only do we combine on Princess, but they have enhanced it. At one time you couldn't and then they changed it. Viva La Princess!

For 2012 we will have amassed $1750 shareholder and $1700 military. Then comes FCC's, TA and Loyalty. :D

Plus charging everything on the Princess Credit Card --- more rebates:D

Still is a great deal, have a alaska cruise scheduled 9/16, We to live in a very rural area, so drove to our bank wednesday and faxed the documents to Carnival for $2. Left a message for the Princess gal that handles our bookings got a call from her this morning (friday) confirming updated OBC. Pretty darn responsive, no complaints here.

Now I know why my CCL stock dropped a few cents today !!! Ease up Pia !!:D:D

Still is a great deal, have a alaska cruise scheduled 9/16, We to live in a very rural area, so drove to our bank wednesday and faxed the documents to Carnival for $2. Left a message for the Princess gal that handles our bookings got a call from her this morning (friday) confirming updated OBC. Pretty darn responsive, no complaints here.

You're fortunate your request was processed so quickly. I emailed a copy of our brokeage account to Princess July 9th and received an email confirmation for the OBC July 14. Yesterday, I asked our TA to verify the shareholder's OBC and lo and behold, no shareholder's credit. We sail September 15th. Sure hope Princess comes through in time!

Archived