Transportation options for Izmir/Ephesus??

Would like to see the Terrace houses, But our MSC excursions do not go there. I looked at Ephesus Deluxe tours, but their Terrace House trip is 6hrs and we are only in port 6hrs. Are there any hop on/off busses or that type of option to go to Ephesus and TH in Izmir? We are 2 adults and 2 young teens.

TIA

I am confused by the reference to Izmir. The terrace houses are at Ephesus not Izmir. Or are you stopping at Izmir port, rather than Kusadasi? If so, you certainly won't find any HOHO buses, because Izmir is over 50 miles from Ephesus. That would explain why the MSC tours don't go there if you only have 6 hours in port.

I'd email any of the regularly mentioned tour providers. The tours they list are just suggestions -- they can tailor it to your needs as they are indeed private (not group) tours.

If you tell them your time frame, you should be able to fit in the main sights of Ephesus plus the Terrace Houses. But tell them no lunch or rug place or you will find yourself shorted on time in the archaeological site!

I am confused by the reference to Izmir. The terrace houses are at Ephesus not Izmir. Or are you stopping at Izmir port, rather than Kusadasi? If so, you certainly won't find any HOHO buses, because Izmir is over 50 miles from Ephesus. That would explain why the MSC tours don't go there if you only have 6 hours in port.

Yes Izmir is an hour away from Ephesus, and the cruises go there to Ephesus but Not to the Terrace Houses and that is where I want to go.

Yes Izmir is an hour away from Ephesus, and the cruises go there to Ephesus but Not to the Terrace Houses and that is where I want to go.

Presumably this is because most people want to see the main site at Ephesus and if you are trying to do both your time will be very limited. If your priority is the Terrace Houses, I think you will have to do as cruisemom42 suggests and approach one of the tour companies to arrange a private tour for you or try and get a taxi to take you there.

To clarify the Terrace houses are inside and part of Ephesus. You can take a private tour and specify you want the Terrace Houses as well. You will have about 3 1/2 hours which is enough time for a quick tour.

We went with Hello Ephesus, but there are many private tour companies.

To clarify the Terrace houses are inside and part of Ephesus. You can take a private tour and specify you want the Terrace Houses as well. You will have about 3 1/2 hours which is enough time for a quick tour.

We went with Hello Ephesus, but there are many private tour companies.

Thanks for this added info. I didnt realize that. The cruise excursions do not say anything about the Terrace houses just everything else. We are not dawdlers and have 2 young teens that will be bored stiff, so aside from crowds it shouldnt take us long to do it all:) I will do some more research about it now. Thanks again

Thanks for this added info. I didnt realize that. The cruise excursions do not say anything about the Terrace houses just everything else. We are not dawdlers and have 2 young teens that will be bored stiff, so aside from crowds it shouldnt take us long to do it all:) I will do some more research about it now. Thanks again

Even though the Terrace Houses are in Ephesus, most cruise tours do not include them -- in part because there is an extra cost (additional ticket) and in part because the space is limited and doesn't lend itself to a large group of 40+ which are often on the "big bus" ship tours.

If you want to see the Terrace Houses (and yes, they are a highlight of the site), you'll probably have to take a private tour.

Even though the Terrace Houses are in Ephesus, most cruise tours do not include them -- in part because there is an extra cost (additional ticket) and in part because the space is limited and doesn't lend itself to a large group of 40+ which are often on the "big bus" ship tours.

If you want to see the Terrace Houses (and yes, they are a highlight of the site), you'll probably have to take a private tour.

Thank You, We have went ahead and booked a private tour as to be able to see them and save from the cost of an excursion.

• 3 months later...

Hallo, could you pls write me how you managed to get to Ephesus on your own?tnx rgs

Per cortesia potrebbe dirmi con quale mezzo è riuscito a raggiungere Efeso? con chi ha prenotato un tour privato? al porto di Izmir ha visto quali opzioni c'erano(bus,taxi,ecc)? grazie

Archived