shipping costs

chocolatier

It depends!!

How large the item is , how heavy the item is:confused:

If it is fragile it is probably safer in our carry-on

The glass blower we had onboard would ship for you & insure the package for replacement if needed ;)

You can check his website just google him

Hans Ittig from Wertheim

I always bring bubble wrap for small items to put in my carry-on bag. My granddaughter brought home French wine in her luggage and it was well wrapped in her dirty clothes. If it's something you can't resist, go for it and have it shipped home. Just add it on to the cost of your travels!!

Sheila

Chocolatier, Terrific question. Dw and I travel all over the world and have wonderful art and souveniers throughout our house. Many thousands of $ worth. The problem is we have several thousands of $ that didn't make it. Tbh there really is no recourse unless you are shipping from a truly professional source. The really good stores tell you in advance what it costs; it's not cheap; but you are likely to get what you want in good condition. We have learned the hard way, but even in your luggage you can't always get a fragile piece home. My best advice is don't, don't, don't skimp on shipping costs if you really care about what you've bought.

Also be aware of what vendor is serious about getting what you want to your desired destination. We had a bad experience with a pottery seller in France who guaranteed safe delivery and it arrived as dust, on the other hand we had two terrific experiences in Turkey and we are ecstatic to this day with our enjoyment of the pottery:)

We lived in Germany years ago and mailing anything from there was about double of what it cost in the USA.

This was over 20 years ago.

If you ship crystal or something like that, it will be expensive, probably three figures for something of any size.

Archived