List of princess ships by age (new. old)

only1deejay

SHIP YEAR

Sun Princess 1995

Grand Princess 1997

Dawn Princess 1997

Sea Princess 1998

Ocean Princess 1999

Pacific Princess 1999

Golden Princess 2001

Coral Princess 2002

Star Princess 2002

Island Princess 2003

Caribbean Princess 2004

Sapphire Princess 2004

Diamond Princess 2004

Crown Princess 2006

Emerald Princess 2007

Ruby Princess 2008

Royal Princess III 2013

can someone post a list of the oldest princess ship to the newest ship being the royal 2013??? thanks:)

I'd like to get an idea of what are the most newer ships within 5-6 years. :)

An important point to take into consideration is the date of the latest dry-docking/renovation. A refurbished older ship can be more enjoyable than a ship that was launched later.

An important point to take into consideration is the date of the latest dry-docking/renovation. A refurbished older ship can be more enjoyable than a ship that was launched later.
These are the dates of drydocks with major upgrades.

2008 - Caribbean

2009 - Golden

2011 - Grand

2011/2008 - Star

2012 - Sapphire

A great point. The Sapphire just had her upgrade this year and she looks fabulous and has the new venues (IC, Vines, Alfredo's) I've sailed her several times but I would feel like I was sailing a new ship should I book her now.

Most of clark's dates are one year earlier than is accurate. Grand 1998, Coral 2003, etc. It;s also misleading to give launch dates for current ocean and pacific as those dates pre-date their joining the Princess fleet. Further, Royal Princess will not carry the designation III, it's not part of her name. Many of the ships in the fleet carry names of predecessors and none are designated II or III.

Most of clark's dates are one year earlier than is accurate. Grand 1998' date=' Coral 2003, etc. It;s also misleading to give launch dates for current ocean and pacific as those dates pre-date their joining the Princess fleet. Further, Royal Princess will not carry the designation III, it's not part of her name. Many of the ships in the fleet carry names of predecessors and none are designated II or III.[/quote']Coral's Inaugural Voyage was 1/3/2003 but she was launched in 2002 so that is the correct date. It appears that other than the Grand, the others are correct. OP was asking about the age of the ships so using 1999 for the Ocean and Pacific are the appropriate dates for comparison.

Archived