Middle Aged Drama Queen's Eastern Med Review:Tips, Pics, Surprises & Fun!

KansCocoa

My family just recently returned from a 12-night Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I have an ongoing review posted on the Royal Caribbean site, but thought I would share it here, as well...as there are lots of tips for various ports throughout Europe. As well as lots of pictures!

Here is the link to the review if you would like to check it out....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1668619

As I said, it is on-going...and it is LONG! Read at your own risk - as it can be a long read...but I promise that it's amusing. :) I still have to post pics & tips for Athens, Santorini, Ephesus and Naples (Pompeii & Amalfi Coast).

Such a fabulous review and a great sense humor.

The first part of your review is helping us with our cruise for this September - we booked The Barcelona Taste based on your description, thank you.

We look forward to the rest of your review as it will help us with next year's adventure.

Such a fabulous review and a great sense humor.

The first part of your review is helping us with our cruise for this September - we booked The Barcelona Taste based on your description, thank you.

We look forward to the rest of your review as it will help us with next year's adventure.

Yay, Kimberley - I'm glad you booked the Taste tour - you will enjoy it! Go hungry! And pace yourself...it's a marathon, not a sprint! :)

I'm glad I can help...I hope to get to more as the week goes on. :) Have fun on your upcoming cruise; I'm so jealous. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

My family just recently returned from a 12-night Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I have an ongoing review posted on the Royal Caribbean site, but thought I would share it here, as well...as there are lots of tips for various ports throughout Europe. As well as lots of pictures! Here is the link to the review if you would like to check it out....

As I said, it is on-going...and it is LONG! Read at your own risk - as it can be a long read...but I promise that it's amusing. :) I still have to post pics & tips for Athens, Santorini, Ephesus and Naples (Pompeii & Amalfi Coast).

Appreciate, Sherri, your postings and pictures. Have a brother-in-law and his wife living just west of you along I-70 in Junction City, Ks. Know the KC area very well from many visits there, enjoying Country Club Plaza, etc.

Your postings and pictures bring many nice memories, including for Barcelona, etc.

THANKS for sharing! Keep up the good work. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 94,458 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Appreciate, Sherri, your postings and pictures. Have a brother-in-law and his wife living just west of you along I-70 in Junction City, Ks. Know the KC area very well from many visits there, enjoying Country Club Plaza, etc.

Your postings and pictures bring many nice memories, including for Barcelona, etc.

THANKS for sharing! Keep up the good work. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 94,458 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Wow - thanks, Terry! This means a lot that you enjoy my review, as I have been a faithful follower of yours for quite some time...and I have photo envy of all the beautiful photographs you take! :)

The Country Club Plaza is definitely a jewel.... ;)

Wow - thanks, Terry! This means a lot that you enjoy my review, as I have been a faithful follower of yours for quite some time...and I have photo envy of all the beautiful photographs you take! The Country Club Plaza is definitely a jewel....

Appreciate, Sherri, the super kind and nice comments on my photos, live/blog, etc. Photo Envy?? Not sure what the cure is for that terrible "disease"??? Have you seen my photo tips? Any added help I can provide in that way? Keep up the good work.

YES, KC's Country Club Plaza is definitely a jewel, but it's really lots more, especially at the holidays times. It looks even better that way. Then, there are the ribs and BBQ stuff from KC. Love it!! Great town and area.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Yay, Kimberley - I'm glad you booked the Taste tour - you will enjoy it! Go hungry! And pace yourself...it's a marathon, not a sprint! :)

I'm glad I can help...I hope to get to more as the week goes on. :) Have fun on your upcoming cruise; I'm so jealous. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Sherri - thank you. And we will remember to go hungry and pace ourselves so we have room to enjoy it all. The Barcelona Taste sounds like a wonderful way to experience a small piece of the city.

Sherri - thank you. And we will remember to go hungry and pace ourselves so we have room to enjoy it all. The Barcelona Taste sounds like a wonderful way to experience a small piece of the city.

I talked with Jo today, and she said to point out that restaurants or venues may change on the tour, depending on availability, etc...so don't assume you may be eating at the same places we did. She also said to mention to her (or her partner, Joe) if you saw the tour on Cruise Critic, so she'll know that you're somewhat familiar with the tour. Just tell her you read about it on Sherri's review. ;)

P.S. She also LOVED that I compared her to Tigger...but it is so TRUE! :)

I talked with Jo today, and she said to point out that restaurants or venues may change on the tour, depending on availability, etc...so don't assume you may be eating at the same places we did. She also said to mention to her (or her partner, Joe) if you saw the tour on Cruise Critic, so she'll know that you're somewhat familiar with the tour. Just tell her you read about it on Sherri's review. ;)

P.S. She also LOVED that I compared her to Tigger...but it is so TRUE! :)

Could be a dealbreaker if we don't go to the same places...just kidding. :p I am sure we will have a very nice time at whatever venue they choose. We will definitely let them know that we saw the tour on Cruise Critic when we read your wonderful review. Thanks again.

My family just recently returned from a 12-night Eastern Mediterranean cruise. I have an ongoing review posted on the Royal Caribbean site, but thought I would share it here, as well...as there are lots of tips for various ports throughout Europe. As well as lots of pictures!

Here is the link to the review if you would like to check it out....

Great review! Thanks so much for posting! It brought back memories of our tours with Romeinlimo this past May.... sniff sniff.... LOVE the photos!

Sherri - thank goodness we booked early. They are now sold out for September 7th, the only day we could do the tour. Just wanted to say thanks again.

Whew! I'm glad you booked, too! You're going to have so much fun! I'm almost finished with my review, so hopefully, you've gotten some good tips from it all. Have fun if we don't talk before then! :)

Whew! I'm glad you booked, too! You're going to have so much fun! I'm almost finished with my review, so hopefully, you've gotten some good tips from it all. Have fun if we don't talk before then! :)

We have definitely kept up with your wonderful review. Great information, pictures and humor. We laughed out loud at the Blog Fodder comment.

Thanks for all you shared - we definitely picked up some great tips. We look forward to the final posts.

And we plan to check out your Freedom review as well.

Archived