Mariner Champagne Bar Info

I was looking for information on the Champagne Bar on Mariner.

How many types are sold?

Do they sell types like Dom Perignon or Cristol by the glass?

What are the prices like?

Thanks for any information.

I cannot answer the champagne bar question, but I can answer that most if not all of the wines served in Vintages are NOT on the dining room wine list. That being said, we did learn on our last Navigator cruise that you can pre-order dinner wine from the Vintages wine list -- just stop at Vintages in the afternoon to place your order and it will be delivered to your table in the dining room.

Vintages is sponsored by 3 or 4 of the major wine producers (Mondavi, Beringer, Coppola and I think maybe one other...). All of the wines served in Vintages are from these companies or their subsidieries around the world.

The champagne bar was one of our favorite places to go before dinner, mainly because the bartender was so much fun.

It is all top shelf liquor and very expensive. We had chocolate martini's and mimosa's there and I think they were something like $8 - $10 each.

I'm sure you'll be able to get Dom and Cristal there.

pfleer- Do you remember the name of the bartender at the champagne bar?

I don't remember seeing Dom or Cristal available when I was on the Brilliance. My favorite champagne was and still is Vueve. It's cheaper to buy the whole bottle than a glass and they will keep the bottle behind the bar with your name on it and pour you a glass whenever you want, they have champagne stoppers so that it doesn't get flat!

pfleer- Do you remember the name of the bartender at the champagne bar?

I don't remember seeing Dom or Cristal available when I was on the Brilliance. My favorite champagne was and still is Vueve. It's cheaper to buy the whole bottle than a glass and they will keep the bottle behind the bar with your name on it and pour you a glass whenever you want, they have champagne stoppers so that it doesn't get flat!

Me too, Betty. I LOVE Vueve

Thanks for the info about bottles of wine at Vintages. I think that is something we will definitely consider. We always like a bottle of wine with dinner, and this option increases the choices considerable.

And the trick about buying a bottle of champagne and asking them to keep behind the bar. What a great option.

I watched a show on the Fine Living Channel and they reported that ships are unable to keep wine correctly. Wine is supposed to be kept still, and the ship's movement affects the taste of the wine. This isn't really much of an issue to me personally, I'm not a very educated wine drinker, but to those out there who are, beware of purchasing expensive wine on board:eek:

Archived