London to Dublin

Any idea how long it would take me to take the train and the ferry from London to Dublin? I need to be in Dublin by 1pm and I am not sure if I have enough time to make it the same day or if I should go in ahead of time. It is not for a flight its to meet up with my group

Any idea how long it would take me to take the train and the ferry from London to Dublin? I need to be in Dublin by 1pm and I am not sure if I have enough time to make it the same day or if I should go in ahead of time. It is not for a flight its to meet up with my group

it's approximately 4hours from London Euston to Holyhead Wales, followed by a 4 hour ferry. Optionally if you fly, Aer Lingus have flights from 6 different London airports

http://new.raileasy.co.uk/booking-process/ibeui/html/?formAction=search.changeJourney

Looks like it takes about 6 1/2 hours but I don't see a connection that get you to Dublin by 1 PM. Closest I see leaves London at 7:10 AM and arrives in Dublin at 1:39 PM

Leg 1

Departs from London Euston at 07:10

Arrives at Chester at 09:12

Train Operator: Virgin Trains

Leg 2

Departs from Chester at 09:23

Arrives at Holyhead at 11:07

Catering: Trolley Service

Train Operator: Arriva Trains Wales

Leg 3

Departs from Holyhead at 11:50

Arrives at Dublin Port (Irish Ferries) at 13:39

Transport for this leg is via Ferry

Train Operator: Arriva Trains Wales

Hi,

As a retired employee of a company that was once a division of British Rail, I would now never dream of travelling from London to Dublin by train/ferry. Ryanair or Aer Lingus will fly you from London to Dublin airport in one hour. Is there a reason you want to travel by land and sea?

Dermot

Just fly if you can. Flights are dirt cheap on RyanAir, Flybe and check AerLingus too. Another site for airlines is edreams. Only problem with these flights is they have a ridiculously weight limit on checked bags- like 25 pounds not 50. (but they do not weigh carryons). I put every possible heavy item I could in my carryon- shoes, etc. and only clothes in the suitcase. If you have two people then you just need to make sure not to weigh down checked bags (which aren't free but are outrageously expensive if they are overweight)

Stena Line offer a "Rail & Sail" package, which involves leaving London at 9.10, gets you into Holyhead at 12.50, ready to depart on the 13.50 ferry, which gets you into Dublin Port for 17.05

I've used this service myself on several occasions, but only to travel as far as the north west, never as far as London. When I travel to London I only consider flying, or at a push taking my car on the southern Rosslare to Fishguard route.

Archived