Travelling With Our 18 and 21 Year Old Boys (men??? lol)

as41shots

LOL!!! No this will be our 5th cruise, not our first. Sadly, we are not avid readers, if I read one book a year that's a lot! My husband read car magazines, never seen him with a book! We both work full time and have 3 boys 16, 19 and 22 all still home. We keep very busy. On other cruises we enjoyed Bingo, the daily contests, the games that were played, the music out by the pool, etc. My husband has always longed for a smaller ship, so since it is out 25th wedding anniversary and I love the itinerary, I gave in..:D I am fine with all the relaxation, but he is always going, so not sure if he will be happy giving into relaxation! We are both looking forward to it, as it is something different and the first time since our honeymoon, that we have cruised without the boys!

It IS a more laid-back and relaxing experience. There are no hairy leg contests, horse races, rock climbing, water slides, surfing pools and whatever else mass-market ships are offering, and seldom music by the pool (many long-time Oceania cruises would shudder at the thought of music by the pool). There is bingo, ping-pong tournaments, and on Marina and Riviera, sports decks with mini-golf, croquet, shufflebard, etc. There are lectures, cooking demonstrations, trivia and more. Again thinking of Marina and Riviera, there are photography and artsy craft classes in the artist loft and fun hands-on cooking classes in the culinary center.

But, most cruises are so port-intensive that none of that seems to matter -- mostly on transAtlantics, with several sea-days in a row, will most guests look to on-board activities. If you're on either of the Eastern Caribbean itineraries you will have 4 sea days, 2 at either end of the cruise, but the Western Caribbean cruise only has 2 sea days. 2 here and 2 there are not bad -- you should find plenty to do. Bring MP3 players for your own music by the pool...:cool:

LOL!!! No this will be our 5th cruise, not our first. Sadly, we are not avid readers, if I read one book a year that's a lot! My husband read car magazines, never seen him with a book! We both work full time and have 3 boys 16, 19 and 22 all still home. We keep very busy. On other cruises we enjoyed Bingo, the daily contests, the games that were played, the music out by the pool, etc. My husband has always longed for a smaller ship, so since it is out 25th wedding anniversary and I love the itinerary, I gave in..:D I am fine with all the relaxation, but he is always going, so not sure if he will be happy giving into relaxation! We are both looking forward to it, as it is something different and the first time since our honeymoon, that we have cruised without the boys!

So what makes you think there is nothing to do on O??

They are laid back to a point you can do as little or as much as you choose

People are not all napping in the afternoon or in bed by 9pm :D

Just enjoy the time together

I have not yet sailed on Oceania (next spring will be my first) but have Azamara (small ship) and Celebrity Equinox, and after reading more descriptions of you family (Husband AND Sons), I really think Celebrity Equinox would fit better... Even though it's a larger ship, it's still relaxing. My DH is a go-go-go type, and will not cruise with me if there are ANY sea days, so small ships have to be port intensive or he's not going.. . Celebrity has a nice balance of activities and relaxation, without feeling "over-stimulated" by activities, but more choices than the smaller, quieter ships.

Archived