Venice Transfers and time of disembarkation

bennybear

Help,

I am wondering what time one could get off a ship docking at 7 AM, we can carry our own luggage. I have a flight after 10 and hope we can make it.

Has anyone used European transfer company in Venice or elsewhere

Thanks for your help.

Some of your questions are very ship or cruise line specific. When you can get off depends on the rules the cruise line has and what arrangements you can make with the ships concierge.

As for getting from the ship to the airport, http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-port-transportation-ground.htm

and

http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/venice.html#VCE

Which airport? Is your flight within Europe?

Your ship may be 'scheduled' to dock at 7am; maybe it will and maybe it won't, and disembarkation can be delayed for various reasons. Marco Polo is a zoo. I wouldn't book a flight before noon.

Under the best of conditions it's a 20 minute ride to Marco Polo Airport. Right now there's construction on the causeway between Venice and the mainland (and for the next 18 months). On Tripadvisor people have reported hour long delays and missed their flights. It seems to be hit and miss; some people make it in 20 minutes, others an hour, so I guess it depends on what the road crew is working on that day.

Most people will suggest that you arrive 3 hrs early for an int'l flight. We arrived 2 hrs before our flight to Portugal and barely made it, so we arrived 3 hrs early for our flight to JFK and we were still standing in line when they said "final call". Good luck!

Thanks, I decided to book an afternoon flight! It seemed well worth the change fee, I decided I didn't need the stress on a holiday! Sound sreally insane. The only other time we flew from Venice we had a really early flight so were okay, Thanks again for the great info!

Archived