Oasis - D7 or JS?

We have a D7 booked on Oasis for 2 people.

It would cost twice as much for a JS.

We have had JS's, D1's, E1's previously on Freedom and Liberty.

The JS, of course, was incredible and more than spacious.

The D1 had plenty of room and we would book that again.

The E1 was doable, but we probably would not book that again.

Soliciting opinions on how a D7 on Oasis will compare to the D1 and E1 on Freedom and if it is worth double the cost for a JS.

We do like to "hang out" in our cabin and on the balcony so we probably spend more time there than the person who says they only use their cabin to sleep.

Thank you!

Soliciting opinions on how a D7 on Oasis will compare to the D1 and E1 on Freedom and if it is worth double the cost for a JS.

We do like to "hang out" in our cabin and on the balcony so we probably spend more time there than the person who says they only use their cabin to sleep.

Thank you!

Maybe a D1 would suit you better as it has a much larger balcony

The D cabins on Oasis/Allure are a little smaller than the D cabins on the Freedom Class.

As you know you will get double credits for the JS.

That said, however, I would not pay double for a little more room. That money could get you another cruise

Thank you!

We were disappointed in the D's on Allure, compared to the same category on Voyager/Freedom class. It seemed to us that they made a step backward from what they had before. Things like closet placement, lack of drawer space around the vanity, no drawers in the nightstand, safe in the closet, sliding closet doors, etc. Nothing was a major problem, just a number of minor annoyances. However, the cost increment of a JS on Oasis/Allure is pretty high, so I think I'd just live with the annoyances.

We just got a JS for $120 more then our B2 balcony a week before sailing. $120 more for the cabin. I wouldn't pay double but for $120 more it was worth it to us. I would book the lower category now and wait until closer to sailing and see if the JS goes on sale. There were tons availabel for our August 4th sailing.

We just got a JS for $120 more then our B2 balcony a week before sailing. $120 more for the cabin. I wouldn't pay double but for $120 more it was worth it to us. I would book the lower category now and wait until closer to sailing and see if the JS goes on sale. There were tons availabel for our August 4th sailing.

Now thats a great deal!!:D

Have only sailed on a JS on Allure but thought we would try a D1 on Oasis. SR discount came along and for $500 for both could get back to a JS. With the stories of the small rooms, we bit and are now back in the room we love!! Double the price, ot sure - wait and see I'd discounts come up!!

Thank you!

D7 is the size of the E on Freedom.

While I would not pay double for a JS, a JS on the Oasis/Allure is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than any D cabin on the Oasis/Allure.

Is it worth it to you? Only you can answer that.

I usually book a JS or GS but booked D4 on Allure due to price. The JS was so much more expensive, about double.

That being said, I don't think I would book another D on Oasis or Allure, even for just 2 people. I found it really annoying getting past the bed and getting into the closet, with sticky doors that inevitably slammed if you weren't super careful. It stressed me enough that next time, I would book a less popular timeframe in order to get a JS for less money (I travelled in July).

I don't know if it is worth double, but if money is no problem, I would get the JS.

Archived