Costa All Inclusive Drinks Package

stevieboy2k

Very odd.

I have a letter of guarantee from Costa stating no change of smoking policy for our cruise(s) Sept and Feb - I asked for this as in the past we were "stung" with Celebrity.

They had no problem in issuing me with this by email to my travel agent.

could it be a cabin steward perhaps just chancing his luck?

Very odd.

I have a letter of guarantee from Costa stating no change of smoking policy for our cruise(s) Sept and Feb - I asked for this as in the past we were "stung" with Celebrity.

They had no problem in issuing me with this by email to my travel agent.

could it be a cabin steward perhaps just chancing his luck?

neither of the posters who reported about no smoking in cabins have come back to reveal their source. i suspect they are part of the fascist anti-smoking nanny movement.

Edited by CtheW0rld

neither of the posters who reported about no smoking in cabins have come back to reveal their source. i suspect they are part of the fascist anti-smoking nanny movement.

As a SMOKER i hope you are not talking about me.

Do you not read the posts before making a comment, i stated where my info came from and that it was not policed.

The Host was also a heavy smoker and had no reason to intentionally mis-inform.

I hope he was wrong.

I always smoke on the balcony anyway as i am used to it on other lines.

Trouble is smokers are easy targets at the moment, especially Tax and on most ships we have to pay for Balconies+.

Notice there has not been an outcry on Diesal fumes being linked to lung cancer, only heard one mention on the news in the UK.

G

On NeoR there were a LOT of smokers - cant imagine if they applied that rule to one of the ships like that which have very few balconies -

We do have a balcony - but on our Feb cruise - will be in very cold weather - I'd go out if desperate but would usually sit indoors with the balcony door open in bad weather.

Maybe they are test piloting it on certain ships?

I just wont cruise on ships now which dont have at least a couple of indoor smoking bars and smoking allowed on balconies. Rightly or wrongly, my money - I decide how to spend it - just dont like the fact that UK non refundable deposits - Celebrity refused to return our deposit when they brought in their ban with no notice - we had to PAY them to transfer the cruise to an RCI cruise (which we didnt enjoy).

Hence why I ask for letter of guarantee now -

Sincerely hope this is not gonna happen :(

As a SMOKER i hope you are not talking about me.

Do you not read the posts before making a comment, i stated where my info came from and that it was not policed.

The Host was also a heavy smoker and had no reason to intentionally mis-inform.

I hope he was wrong.

I always smoke on the balcony anyway as i am used to it on other lines.

Trouble is smokers are easy targets at the moment, especially Tax and on most ships we have to pay for Balconies+.

Notice there has not been an outcry on Diesal fumes being linked to lung cancer, only heard one mention on the news in the UK.

G

no, i wasn't talking about you and NO you didn't say who told you that was a new policy. you only said some 'host' said it wasn't policed. 'hosts' do not get to set corporate policy.

I am travelling on Costa Mediterranea on 29th August and have booked the all inclusive drinks package at 19.50 euros a day..

Just to clarify, is this is just beer/ wine and soft drinks or is it everything but the starred drinks on the drinks menu that has been posted on here? (Just Costa's website is quite confusing)

Secondly.. has everyone who has bought this package found it good value?

Cheers

Steven

I am going on my first ever cruise in October, on the Costa Fascinosa. I emailed Costa customer services to ask what was included in the all inclusive drinks package and was sent this document (attached); it seems a little different from the other version previously posted, as not a full menu with starred items, but just a list of what is included? Dont know if content is exactly the same but in a different format but thought Id share. I was also told you can purchase the all inclusive package before you travel (eg online) or on the ship; id previously read on forums that this package was only available to purchase prior to sailing?

Items included.pdf

I am going on my first ever cruise in October, on the Costa Fascinosa. I emailed Costa customer services to ask what was included in the all inclusive drinks package and was sent this document (attached); it seems a little different from the other version previously posted, as not a full menu with starred items, but just a list of what is included? Dont know if content is exactly the same but in a different format but thought Id share. I was also told you can purchase the all inclusive package before you travel (eg online) or on the ship; id previously read on forums that this package was only available to purchase prior to sailing?

seems to be pretty much the same. one thing that confuses me is the esspresso says 'decaf' next to it. soes that mean the caffinated is not included? :confused:

i wish they would let me buy the kids version, since i don't drink alcohol. maybe a call will be in order.

• 3 weeks later...

Milltowngirl,

Thanks!... for posting the pdf file of what's included in the 'Extra All Inclusive Beverage Package'. I just booked a cruise and had the package added by my TA at the time of booking. If you are already booked, you can purchase it on the Costa website.

Costa has another drink package - the 'X1 Beverage Package' (approx. USD $17.55/day) - that can only be pre-purchased (not on the website... or, of course onboard). The X1 Package is only good for: draught beer, 'house' wine by the glass, and mineral waters... and you can only get drinks at the dining venues during lunch and dinner times.

At approx. USD $26/day, the 'Extra All Inclusive Beverage Package' is a much better deal that the 'X1 Beverage Package'.

Cheers,

Bill

P.S. My liver doesn't thank you though... LOL.

seems to be pretty much the same. one thing that confuses me is the esspresso says 'decaf' next to it. soes that mean the caffinated is not included? :confused:

i wish they would let me buy the kids version, since i don't drink alcohol. maybe a call will be in order.

Caffinated expresso is sure included - you are on a italian ship! :-) That's one of the most important things they offer.

Will be sailing on the Deliziosa in October- thank you SO much for putting the pdf file in your post! Happy sailing!

• 2 months later...
Caffinated expresso is sure included - you are on a italian ship! :-) That's one of the most important things they offer.

I have got 2 other lists, what is included of Extra alll inclusive and in each is written that apparantly only "Espresso decaffinated" is included.

So I am really wondering about this!

Can someone confirm, that the caffinated espresso really is included?

And does someone know if the Lavazza cappucino / espresso also are included in the mdr after lunch/dinner and can you order it at breakfast in the buffet?

Edited by conny111

I have got 2 other lists, what is included of Extra alll inclusive and in each is written that apparantly only "Espresso decaffinated" is included.

And does someone know if the Lavazza cappucino / espresso also are included in the mdr after lunch/dinner and can you order it at breakfast in the buffet?

i had dozens of caffinated esspressos. dozens. never tried in the dining room, as i ony ate there once.

Edited by AnonymousCruiser69

I had a cappuccino every morning but ordered it at a bar on the aft pool area where there was also a limited buffet set up. Never ate in the MDR at all as I was in a samsara cabin. Definitely had a few espressos too but again not in a restaurant. I did as the Italians do, and ordered it in a bar after meals.

We're on the Neo from this Thursday - can someone (quickly please :)) confirm if you can buy the all inclusive drinks package on board, or if you have to prebook before you go? Many thanks...

you can buy it onboard. there were fliers for it on the bar the 1st day. there is no discount for buying it the 2nd day, so best do it right as you board.

I had a cappuccino every morning but ordered it at a bar on the aft pool area where there was also a limited buffet set up. Never ate in the MDR at all as I was in a samsara cabin. Definitely had a few espressos too but again not in a restaurant. I did as the Italians do, and ordered it in a bar after meals.

Thanx for this info.

What I wonder: isn't any "latte machhiato" included in the "Extra All Inclusive"?

I cannot find it on the bar list, although in the German description there is written: "Gönnen Sie sich einen frisch gepressten Orangensaft morgens zum Frühstück oder einen milchschaumig schönen Latte Macchiato mit Freunden an der Bar."

= "Treat yourself to a freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning for breakfast or a frothy milk beautiful latte with friends at the bar"

But in all of the bar lists, which I have about the "Extra all inclusive", it is not listed. As if there isn't any Latte Machhiato available on the whole ship!?

This doesn't make any sense because of the above sentence!

Or does it have another name than "latte macchiato"?

And is it included or not?

---------------------------------------------------

Also I would like to know if the chocolate fountain (where you can get fruits in chocolate) at the chocolate bar is also included in the "Extra all inclusive".

Because I heard about that it was included in the "Ultra all inclusive", but I don't find any info, if it is still included in the new "Extra all inclusive"!?

I hope someone could answer, who had the Extra all inclusive and not the Ultra all inclusive.

Edited by conny111

Thanx for this info.

What I wonder: isn't any "latte machhiato" included in the "Extra All Inclusive"?

I cannot find it on the bar list, although in the German description there is written: "Gönnen Sie sich einen frisch gepressten Orangensaft morgens zum Frühstück oder einen milchschaumig schönen Latte Macchiato mit Freunden an der Bar."

= "Treat yourself to a freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning for breakfast or a frothy milk beautiful latte with friends at the bar"

But in all of the bar lists, which I have about the "Extra all inclusive", it is not listed. As if there isn't any Latte Machhiato available on the whole ship!?

This doesn't make any sense because of the above sentence!

Or does it have another name than "latte macchiato"?

And is it included or not?

---------------------------------------------------

Also I would like to know if the chocolate fountain (where you can get fruits in chocolate) at the chocolate bar is also included in the "Extra all inclusive".

Because I heard about that it was included in the "Ultra all inclusive", but I don't find any info, if it is still included in the new "Extra all inclusive"!?

I hope someone could answer, who had the Extra all inclusive and not the

Ultra all inclusive.

I had the normal AI at €19.50 per day in January. I had a fresh squeezed ornge juice and a cappuccino (could have had a caffe latte) each morning at a bar. Don't remember there being a latte macchiato but maybe it's just a latte? Looking at wikipedias description of a latte macchiato it sounds pretty much the same as a latte.

Sorry can't help with your other question about the chocolate fountain.

Normally "Latte Macchiato" is not the same as "cafe latte".

Latte Macchiato: http://www.google.com/search?oe=UTF-8&q=latte%20macchiato&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=de&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=611&sei=SJrHUNj5JY_otQa_noG4Bw

Cafe Latte: http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=de&biw=1280&bih=611&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=cafe+latte&oq=cafe+latte&gs_l=img.3..0l10.14190.15464.0.15560.10.9.0.1.1.0.89.659.9.9.0...0.0...1c.1.om_uesWtSLY&pbx=1

Both of them are not listed on the bar list.

Maybe there are not all items on the list, which you can have at the bar...

So I then will ask there if it is available and included or not.

Normally "Latte Macchiato" is not the same as "cafe latte".

Latte Macchiato: http://www.google.com/search?oe=UTF-8&q=latte%20macchiato&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=de&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=611&sei=SJrHUNj5JY_otQa_noG4Bw

Cafe Latte: http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=de&biw=1280&bih=611&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=cafe+latte&oq=cafe+latte&gs_l=img.3..0l10.14190.15464.0.15560.10.9.0.1.1.0.89.659.9.9.0...0.0...1c.1.om_uesWtSLY&pbx=1

Both of them are not listed on the bar list.

Maybe there are not all items on the list, which you can have at the bar...

So I then will ask there if it is available and included or not.

i doubt they will even know what it is. it aint starbucks. since a latte is coffee and steamed milk and macchiato means 'to mark with espresso', order both and make your own.

i doubt they will even know what it is. it aint starbucks. since a latte is coffee and steamed milk and macchiato means 'to mark with espresso', order both and make your own.

Of course not, this would be really silly!

It is a special thing to make a latte macchiato, you at most can only do this with a machine (because of the layers).

I have been on many cruises and cruise lines before and there always were latte macchiato available, so this is really strange that an Italien cruise line doesn't know how to make it! :confused::eek:

But I am no latte macchiato junkie, so it is not so important for me.

I just wondered about that it is not listed on the bar lists.

Of course not, this would be really silly!

It is a special thing to make a latte macchiato, you at most can only do this with a machine (because of the layers).

I have been on many cruises and cruise lines before and there always were latte macchiato available, so this is really strange that an Italien cruise line doesn't know how to make it! :confused::eek:

But I am no latte macchiato junkie, so it is not so important for me.

I just wondered about that it is not listed on the bar lists.

no self-respecting italian would ask for such a drink. they ask for a coffee and are served an espresso. i think you're in for a bit of culture shock.

Edited by AnonymousCruiser69

Here is the list of the Teas and coffees served on board. Items marked with an asterisk are not included in the AI offer.

Hope this helps

B&T

Thanx, but I was talking about exactly this list! This is what I was wondering, why there isn't any latte macchiato listed.

Anyway it is not so important. It is only my friend who likes to drink this coffee, sometimes.

I prefer Espresso.

Maybe someone else has got an answer about my other question if the chocolate fountain is included in the Extra AI (as it was included in the Ultra AI).