Costa All Inclusive Drinks Package

stevieboy2k

no self-respecting italian would ask for such a drink. they ask for a coffee and are served an espresso. i think you're in for a bit of culture shock.

You took the words straight out of my mouth.....

As you say apart from breakfast when they have a cappuccino, it's espresso the rest of the day and often.

Had to stop my friend asking for a latte after dinner in Milan. I told her she was about to get a glass of milk. She said surely they would have realised she meant a caffe latte, not necessarily I told her as they don't drink them.

Maybe someone else has got an answer about my other question if the chocolate fountain is included in the Extra AI (as it was included in the Ultra AI).

Extra All Inclusive package on the Deliziosa last September...

At the Chocolate Bar, you can get like bananas and strawberries in the chocolate fountain for free. If you wanted anything else (kiwis, figs, dates, etc), it was extra. Chocolate candies were extra as well.

We just returned today from Costa Pacifica, and had the AI drinks package. I can confirm that latte macchiato is definitely available on the AI, because our friend ordered at least one every day. Other drinks that are not listed on the cocktail menu, such as a Blood Mary or a Whiskey Sour are available too.

Hot chocolate from the Chocolate Bar is included, but not the ones with added alcohol. Fruit dipped in the chocolate fountain (only saw strawberries and bananas, there may be more) was included in the AI package.

We really enjoyed the AI package, and definitely got our money's worth!

Of course not, this would be really silly!

It is a special thing to make a latte macchiato, you at most can only do this with a machine (because of the layers).

I have been on many cruises and cruise lines before and there always were latte macchiato available, so this is really strange that an Italien cruise line doesn't know how to make it! :confused::eek:

But I am no latte macchiato junkie, so it is not so important for me.

I just wondered about that it is not listed on the bar lists.

Latte Macchiato, despite the italian name, is a German invention. In your link, if your click on the pictures, you will see that most of them refer to german websites.

• 3 weeks later...
is gratuity included in the AI

Yes it is. You have to sign a slip when you receive a drink, and the total is zero at the top. You have to sign at the bottom, and there is no blank for adding an extra tip or retotalling, so no pressure at all for any further tip.

The bar waiters are very attentive, also. No difference in service for those who have the package v those who don't.

We travelled on Favolosa in October and found the drinks package fantastic value. I particularly enjoyed the Prosecco and my children found the inclusion of the chocolate fountain and hot chocolate in the 'chocolate bar' an unexpected bonus. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

NOT really

The DRINKS PACKAGES,prices,and drinks available are different on each nationality website

EVEN the cost of the cruise is different

It is not down to the exchange rate of the Euro, as we are talking £20-£30 PD also Italy is off course in EU as is Germany so why the difference

The cheapest cruise and drinks package is for Italians on the Italian website

Second GERMANY France and Spain

Third the UK

Fourth the USA

The Italians and Germans have a higher class again of drinks package

ie:- CHEAPER AND THEY CAN ATTACK THE CABIN FRIDGE, we can not

Jack

True, Jack. However the previous poster wanted to know what drinks were included in the all inclusive deal and the link to the onboard bar lists (same for everyone) show the drinks that are not included and those that are.

Not surprised they charge Brits more than the Italians for an all inclusive deal as on average I think it highly likely we consume more booze and less coffee than they do!

You could wait to buy onboard, then you have the same price as other nationalities.

NOT really

The DRINKS PACKAGES,prices,and drinks available are different on each nationality website

EVEN the cost of the cruise is different

It is not down to the exchange rate of the Euro, as we are talking £20-£30 PD also Italy is off course in EU as is Germany so why the difference

The cheapest cruise and drinks package is for Italians on the Italian website

Second GERMANY France and Spain

Third the UK

Fourth the USA

The Italians and Germans have a higher class again of drinks package

ie:- CHEAPER AND THEY CAN ATTACK THE CABIN FRIDGE, we can not

Jack

No, as far as I know we (Germans) pay for the drinks in the fridge. It is not included! But I would appreciate that. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok the drink pkg is a good deal if you average 3 to 4 drinks per day. We had it for two adults and one kid. kid is only 8 euros /day. adult was abt double or more can't remember what I paid. we got it so we could enjoy drinks without care. here is my take... they don't know you have the drink pkg till after you order, they seemed to treat the pkg peeps as well as the pay by drink peeps. they are very very slow. and not just for the pkg peeps. so, if you really want your money's worth you have to order before you want it it takes abt 15 mins per order. the bartenders tend to fill the waiters orders before the peeps at the bar so you're usually quicker to flag a waiter. the drink pkg is very weird. example: do you have champagne w/ the drink pkg?? 'No" he replys. do you have sparkling wine? yes, prosecco. bingo we'll take two...next go to dinner. and they say no to procecco, asti, etc. only wine and only the house stuff (about a C-) and only filled glass one time for 2 hrs. You have to push for more. but if you push you'll get it eventually. different bartenders would say no to a drink because of the way we worded it. you get a brochure and basically they want you to point to the drink you want. if it's not there you'll get a run around. I wanted a salty dog. well it's just vodka and grapefruit rimmed w/ salt. wow. they said ok but acted uptight about it. same w/ a coffee drink. we couldn't get one but why? it's just a shot of liquor in coffee. the shot is included and the coffee is included so what's the problem. we'd get creative in how we ordered. you can get around their little silly rules if you put some thought into it. the prices all are around 6-8Euros per drink plus service/&tip. hope this helps.!.:confused::confused:

ok the drink pkg is a good deal if you average 3 to 4 drinks per day. We had it for two adults and one kid. kid is only 8 euros /day. adult was abt double or more can't remember what I paid. we got it so we could enjoy drinks without care. here is my take... they don't know you have the drink pkg till after you order, they seemed to treat the pkg peeps as well as the pay by drink peeps. they are very very slow. and not just for the pkg peeps. so, if you really want your money's worth you have to order before you want it it takes abt 15 mins per order. the bartenders tend to fill the waiters orders before the peeps at the bar so you're usually quicker to flag a waiter. the drink pkg is very weird. example: do you have champagne w/ the drink pkg?? 'No" he replys. do you have sparkling wine? yes, prosecco. bingo we'll take two...next go to dinner. and they say no to procecco, asti, etc. only wine and only the house stuff (about a C-) and only filled glass one time for 2 hrs. You have to push for more. but if you push you'll get it eventually. different bartenders would say no to a drink because of the way we worded it. you get a brochure and basically they want you to point to the drink you want. if it's not there you'll get a run around. I wanted a salty dog. well it's just vodka and grapefruit rimmed w/ salt. wow. they said ok but acted uptight about it. same w/ a coffee drink. we couldn't get one but why? it's just a shot of liquor in coffee. the shot is included and the coffee is included so what's the problem. we'd get creative in how we ordered. you can get around their little silly rules if you put some thought into it. the prices all are around 6-8Euros per drink plus service/&tip. hope this helps.!.:confused::confused:

Yes, it did, thank You:D