Costa All Inclusive Drinks Package

stevieboy2k

surely this cant be correct, yiou cant request a table for two/dining times unless you are in a premium balcony cabin. If this is the case I will be canceling my booking and i would imagine others would do the same:(

I really dont understand your reaction on this. Maybe you should cancel your booking immidiately.

The Classic option is a fair approach to give customers a way to take on a cruise for absolute discount prices. Although it also means that the ship potentially can be filled with people that may not be suiteble for others cruise experience.

If you want a garantee, I see 2 options

1. Immidiate cancel your booking and find another liner that can match your needs

2. Upgrade from the Classic to Premium, and pay up for the extra services you can benefit from, such as choosing your ser time.

Seriously, did you even check the price difference for upgrading?

Philip

Because of positive posts here got the all-inclusive Costa Fortuna Sept 1st from Copenhagen but can confirm it has changed for the worse.

No bottled water only glasses (though at dinner they gave us the bottle from which we took away the leftovers), only draught beer, cans are opened so you can't take them off ship, only house wine at dinner choice is red/white by the glass (poor quality) slow service/understaffing means topups take time, no fresh orange juice and the alternative is the free stuff they serve with breakfast (which is foul chemical stuff, clearly at 4,50 no one was that tempted to pay). Other juices in glass bottles are also excluded. Can't take hot drinks to the room for H&S (you can get round this by lying) instead you have to get room service...which of course isn't included.

If you overdose on cocktails its good value (but clearly unless you watch them they put the cheap nonbranded spirits in). Kids version (which you are forced to take as part of the group) is clearly poor value now unless you stuff them with cans of Coke.

Scan of current menu and prices attached, apologies for the size but the file size restricts what I can do, clearly anything starred is not available to you.

Rather than feeling relaxed I felt the staff were in competition to be hard on the all-inclusive and that I was the lowest class of passenger rather than someone who had paid upfront. I heard a head waiter telling off one of the junior waiters as he thought he had served them some better red wine than he should at dinner (I found the wine headache inducing and no I didn't drink that much of it which indicates to me its cheap).

Otherwise a good cruise so I think Costa are shooting themselves in the foot a little by not being clear and changing the definitions of what is and isn't included each year as I think if I had have known I wouldn't have taken the all-inclusve as the wine list at dinner is quite nice so felt a bit constrained/cheated which I would guess is not the impression they want to create .

s2d8FCB24270413499485963769990DABE8_1.pdf

We plan to drink soft drinks, coffee, wine at dinner and plenty of cocktails, so package sounds like a good idea still at such a low price.

Do you buy the package on board? We are from the UK.

Re: wine ....I saw they have falanghina white wine on MDR menu, might not be everyone's cup of tea but i had this at my italian wedding recently and it is very nice DOC wine. Not very well known outside Italy, but decent wine none-the-less. I like sauv blanc and this wine is similarly acidic. Can't drink chardonnays etc (allergic to oak processing chemicals or chips) but I know a lot of my family likes these heavier wines.

I don't think the costa wine is of echo-falls quality, but is like standard local italian wine, so will be fine if you are the kind that drinks the house wine on holiday in italy!

Because of positive posts here got the all-inclusive Costa Fortuna Sept 1st from Copenhagen but can confirm it has changed for the worse.

No bottled water only glasses (though at dinner they gave us the bottle from which we took away the leftovers), only draught beer, cans are opened so you can't take them off ship, only house wine at dinner choice is red/white by the glass (poor quality) slow service/understaffing means topups take time, no fresh orange juice and the alternative is the free stuff they serve with breakfast (which is foul chemical stuff, clearly at 4,50 no one was that tempted to pay). Other juices in glass bottles are also excluded. Can't take hot drinks to the room for H&S (you can get round this by lying) instead you have to get room service...which of course isn't included.

If you overdose on cocktails its good value (but clearly unless you watch them they put the cheap nonbranded spirits in). Kids version (which you are forced to take as part of the group) is clearly poor value now unless you stuff them with cans of Coke.

Scan of current menu and prices attached, apologies for the size but the file size restricts what I can do, clearly anything starred is not available to you.

Rather than feeling relaxed I felt the staff were in competition to be hard on the all-inclusive and that I was the lowest class of passenger rather than someone who had paid upfront. I heard a head waiter telling off one of the junior waiters as he thought he had served them some better red wine than he should at dinner (I found the wine headache inducing and no I didn't drink that much of it which indicates to me its cheap).

Otherwise a good cruise so I think Costa are shooting themselves in the foot a little by not being clear and changing the definitions of what is and isn't included each year as I think if I had have known I wouldn't have taken the all-inclusve as the wine list at dinner is quite nice so felt a bit constrained/cheated which I would guess is not the impression they want to create .

thanks for posting that. :eek: they really did eliminate a lot of things. i'm surprised coffee is still included.

We plan to drink soft drinks, coffee, wine at dinner and plenty of cocktails, so package sounds like a good idea still at such a low price.

Do you buy the package on board? We are from the UK.

Re: wine ....I saw they have falanghina white wine on MDR menu, might not be everyone's cup of tea but i had this at my italian wedding recently and it is very nice DOC wine. Not very well known outside Italy, but decent wine none-the-less. I like sauv blanc and this wine is similarly acidic. Can't drink chardonnays etc (allergic to oak processing chemicals or chips) but I know a lot of my family likes these heavier wines.

I don't think the costa wine is of echo-falls quality, but is like standard local italian wine, so will be fine if you are the kind that drinks the house wine on holiday in italy!

Not sure what you expect to get on the wine but on all-inclusive at dinner the choice is red or white no more no less. They change it every few days so you don't get completely bored...I thought it was poor even by italian house wine standards...

Their normal wine list is nice, varied (admittedly heavy on the italian side but plenty of range within that) and priced OK so if you like your wine don't do the all-inclusive OR try the wine packages which at least give you some semblance of choice (I don't think they advertise them on the website or if they do they are difficult to find!). Do it on board as long as you make you mind up on the first day as you might get offered a discount on the wine packages anyway (there was a 20% voucher on our bed when we boarded). Made the mistake of doing it before boarding and there was no price advantage whatsoever. If your doing calculations of spend the advantage of the all-inclusive is that it does include the service charge at least so you avoid some bill-shock!

I am from the UK too and our travel agent was able to add the drinks package on. However, if I did it again I would purchase on board. Our departure was was delayed so we didn't get on the ship until the early hours of the morning. Those buying the drinks package on board the following morning only paid for six nights but we had paid for seven. I did get a refund for the first night......eventually! We found it great value, it's a shame it seems to have changed for the worse.

Thanks for the updated menu. one question I have relates to the Hot Chocolate menu. In an earlier attachment, it stated that the hot (and cold?) chocolate range was included in both the adult and children's packages. Do you remember if this is still included? My 5 year old is very excited about the thick hot chocolate menu :-)

Thanks for the updated menu. one question I have relates to the Hot Chocolate menu. In an earlier attachment, it stated that the hot (and cold?) chocolate range was included in both the adult and children's packages. Do you remember if this is still included? My 5 year old is very excited about the thick hot chocolate menu :-)

This is whats included.

http://www.costacrociere.it/contents/lp_all-inclusive/All-inclusive_premium.pdf

From the Chocolate Bar

Flavered with: Coconut, Mint, Meringue,

Hazelnut, Fragola, Pistacchio, Arancia, Cannella,

White, Extra Milk, Extra Dark, Light

Philip

Sorry, but that is seriously the worst scan I have ever seen - nevermind the file size.

Use this one here instead.

Philip

Extra All Inclusive.pdf

This is whats included.

http://www.costacrociere.it/contents/lp_all-inclusive/All-inclusive_premium.pdf

From the Chocolate Bar

Flavered with: Coconut, Mint, Meringue,

Hazelnut, Fragola, Pistacchio, Arancia, Cannella,

White, Extra Milk, Extra Dark, Light

Philip

Thanks Philip -that's a great attachment and the chocolate bar is still on - super ( and not just from my son's perspective!)

We asked about the new Premium package on board the NeoR and as yet, was not available for purchase. Can confirm that the package indeed has changed since our last costa cruise in sept 12 and indeed - for the worse. No surprise really as to be fair, at 19.5 euro - it must have made them loss. On a positive note, generous tips ensured great drinks and fab service just as previous. No big deal. ;)

Gin and Tonic IS still available, all mixer drinks are - just the wording on the menu is not ideal and it creates confusion. The G&T on classic package is Beefeaters as opposed to Bombay Sapphire.

Cosmos were not on the list as they were in 2012 - but we had no problem getting them (our fave martini).

Surprised to hear that bar staff were not up to par. We only had one waiter on the aft deck who didn't seem to want to serve ANYONE but the others were great - always walking around looking for customers.

Needless to say, we named names on the customer survey forms:) Strange, the lazy guy seemed to have been moved on our last day - guess they read the surveys as soon as they receive them. :cool:

Returned from cruise on neoRomantica on Saturday. All aspects of cruise exceeded expectations. Drinks package exceptional value at 19 euros per day. While I am not a wine drinker all other aspects were not unlike the Celebrity cruise we undertook in June. Draught beer, Carslberg, was available. In some respects potential cruisers may think that the basic spirits served are equivalent to say an all-inclusive Spanish resort i.e. local firewater. This is definitely not the case. Spirits and mixers readily available despite reading a previous post that indicated that on the basic package you had to order your spirit of choice on the rocks + a mixer bottle. I don't think the Costa info is helpful as it could be interpreted for example that a gin + tonic is not available on the basic package. The basic spirits available for gin are Gordons, Beefeater and Gilbeys. For Vodka Smirnoff is included. Not too shabby. Obviously if you prefer Bombay Saphire or Grey Goose these are not included.

Not sure what you expect to get on the wine but on all-inclusive at dinner the choice is red or white no more no less. They change it every few days so you don't get completely bored...I thought it was poor even by italian house wine standards...

We sailed on the Luminosa Aug 31 - Sep 10, Copenhagen to Savona and had the all-inclusive. We did not find the wine at dinner "poor", far from it. We had a very nice Italian Merlot for the red and a quite satisfactory Pinot Grigio for the white.

As others have noted, you can no longer get a bottle of water at a bar and bring it to your cabin as part of the all-inclusive, as we could in Sept, 2012 on the Fascinosa. Despite that, between the daily bottle of wine at dinner, the cocktails, and many, many cappuccinos we thought the all-inclusive was a great deal.

Edited by Projunior

• 2 weeks later...

We are joinng the Mediterranea on 24 October in Rhodes, embarkation from 13:00. We have the All Inclusive Drinks package but note on our Cruise ticket from Costa that it is delivered to the dining room at 23:00 on 24 October. Surely that can't be! Please reassure that I do not need to smuggle a bottle or two on board on embarkation. It may be good for us not to drink too much on the first day .... I suppose .... (reluctantly), Mike pp Ruth

We are joinng the Mediterranea on 24 October in Rhodes, embarkation from 13:00. We have the All Inclusive Drinks package but note on our Cruise ticket from Costa that it is delivered to the dining room at 23:00 on 24 October. Surely that can't be! Please reassure that I do not need to smuggle a bottle or two on board on embarkation. It may be good for us not to drink too much on the first day .... I suppose .... (reluctantly), Mike pp Ruth

there's nothing to deliver - unless something has changed (costa is NOT known for consistency). there will be a notation on your key card (also used for onboard purchases). when your card is swiped, the amount charged will be $0. you still get a receipt and still have to sign for it.

Thanks for that Anonymous. Didn't realise there was just one card for all swipes. The 23:00 annotation probably means the card is set up the previous day. We shall have our lunch on Rhodes (I'm driving) with little alcohol and top up when we board. Looking forward to it immensely; weather here typical Brit, cloudy, drizzly, warmish, but drear. Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just back from our cruise on CM. We had to leave early as wife's sciatica became unbearable - could not lie down. We had a hairy journey from Savona to Nice airport and made the flight with 25 mins to spare. More if you wish in my review which I will start once I have done all the laundry.

The drinks package was all and more than we could have imagined. It was great at our age to try things we would never normally contemplate or afford. The one drawback was the water availability. Perhaps I did not understand the system, but we found it not possible to get enough water to the cabin without paying extra. Despite my fears there seemed no problem in bringing water (or wine) onto the ship, just that with wife's immobility we did not go ashore often. No big bold Aussie reds or sharp French Muscadet, but the wine with the meals was very quaffable. Eventually managed to to make it understood that we wanted lots of ice and extra jug of water with the Pastis and Strega. Liked the little tray of nibbles that was served with the drinks in certain bars sometimes without asking for them.

You can surreptitiously fill your empty bottles of water at the meal points, but cold water was not always available and the water fountains mostly did not work. We left the ice bucket refilled fairly regularly in the cabin to defrost.

Lots of coffee and tea choice. You will soon find a location and type that suits you.

Fantastic cocktails, even the non alcoholic ones! Adequate beer although I am as usual looking to a decent pint of warmish ale.

Just wanted to say to anyone who is concerned about quality of wine on the all inclusive package not to worry, it is all rather good italian wine.

However the wine by the glass is only italian. No new world wine. If you want New Zeland Sauvignon Blanc for example, it is available by the bottle separately for a charge. There is also no choice - just one white, red and rose each night. Prosecco is also available. However the wines changed every day so you do not get bored.

All the wine was DOC quality - this alone does not ensure it is a decent wine, but we had a lovely Chianti, Pinot Grigio, and Orvieto. All quality wines you would find in a decent restaurant in Italy.

Edited by kfowinst

Loved the all inclusive package. Was on the Costa Mediterranea where the table wine was Greek which was surprising, but also very pleasant.

"Discovered" the joy of the Pink Lady cocktail which I would never have even tried normally.

One little word of caution, there was no hot chocolate offering on CM. (Besides the sachets at breakfast). I'd been looking forward to that lovely thick hot chocolate which I'd enjoyed on the Costa Romantica.

Loved the all inclusive package. Was on the Costa Mediterranea where the table wine was Greek which was surprising, but also very pleasant.

"Discovered" the joy of the Pink Lady cocktail which I would never have even tried normally.

One little word of caution, there was no hot chocolate offering on CM. (Besides the sachets at breakfast). I'd been looking forward to that lovely thick hot chocolate which I'd enjoyed on the Costa Romantica.

That's interesting- so they source table wine from all over med.

I LOVED the pink lady cocktail. It was my absolute favourite cocktail. Based on the description I would never have tried it either, but once I did I was hooked. It's delicious and slightly floral - must be the gin in it! I had quite a few but only certain barman could make it.

I think the hot choc is only available on newer ships with the chocolate bar. Worth choosing your ship based on this if you're a chocolate lover... The smell is intoxicating!