Christmas on Cunard

sardensav

Hello everyone!

I've been looking at Christmas cruises online and dreaming (and trying to convince hubby!). I'm interested in QV or QE - I like both itineraries. I was wondering what the Christmas experience is like on board. Are there any special meals/parties? I'm guessing that it is decorated for the season too? I suppose it's more the little touches I'm interested in (and how Father Christmas will know where to find me!). What about New Year?

I'm also trying to decide if it's worth the extra cost. Similar voyages not falling over Christmas are obviously much cheaper, so I'm wondering if the extra cost is worth it.

After a couple of QM2 Transatlantic Crossings, we recently had our first proper 'cruise' (QV Fjords) and absolutely loved it. In fact we have already booked something for next year but I can't wait that long!

I'm also guessing that prices for Christmas won't fall any lower than they have?

Sarah

The ships are decorated at Thanksgiving time (and nicely so). Many Christmas trees and garland about. I don't recall any "partys" but services are performed on Christmas.

Prices are based on supply and demand so one can only guess if they are going to fall.

We have gone over Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was great to miss all the travel and congestion (pressure) of the holidays. Christmas at sea is very peaceful and we wouldn't hesitate to do another.

Id like to know as well but I am trying to convince my wife but she wants to be with the kids at Christmas...booo..!!bloody kids spoil everything..

There's always the kennels to board them in. Why should Fido not have company.

We traveled on QV to Hawaii last Christmas. There was lots of Christmas music, everything was decorated, and by New Year's I was ready for them to change the playlist. Beautifully done though!

A few weeks earlier I was on the QV's repositioning voyage when all the halls received their decking. A professional decorating crew boarded in Bermuda and in three days time the ship was totally transformed. Quite elegant indeed--and I was spared all but two days of holiday muzak.

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone!

I've been looking at Christmas cruises online and dreaming (and trying to convince hubby!). I'm interested in QV or QE - I like both itineraries. I was wondering what the Christmas experience is like on board. Are there any special meals/parties? I'm guessing that it is decorated for the season too? I suppose it's more the little touches I'm interested in (and how Father Christmas will know where to find me!). What about New Year?

I'm also trying to decide if it's worth the extra cost. Similar voyages not falling over Christmas are obviously much cheaper, so I'm wondering if the extra cost is worth it.

After a couple of QM2 Transatlantic Crossings, we recently had our first proper 'cruise' (QV Fjords) and absolutely loved it. In fact we have already booked something for next year but I can't wait that long!

I'm also guessing that prices for Christmas won't fall any lower than they have?

Sarah

The last 4-5 years we have sailed on cruises over Christmas/New Year's and it has been absolutely fantastic ... I, too, look for the little things around Christmas and love all the decorations that they do around the ship ... they do a ton of things for the kids, so that parents can enjoy several of the 'Christmas' events on their own along with the singing carols, decorating gingerbread houses, and so forth and so on with the kids ... you can do everything that is on offer OR you can do whatever you like, you don't have to join in .. but the spirit around the ship is great throughout because it is the 'holiday' season. There is so much more 'Christmas Spirit' on the ship than being involved with the 'humbug' of Christmas Sales, Crowds, rushing out to get last minute gifts that you deal with at home ... and the food is great too ... I guarantee, if you do it once, you will sign up for a cruise each year over this Holiday period.

We too did the QV Hawaii Christmas & New Year last year.

The Ship was decorated really well. Really got you in the mood for Christmas.

On Christmas eve they had Christmas carols with the Officers & Staff, they even made it Snow!

I would do another Christmas cruise on Cunard without hesitation. Although cruisng round the Med' in Winter is not my idea of an ideal cruising destination.

Archived