Half Moon Cay HAL: private cabanas

Rafaella

No, it not "worse" (?worth) the money! ;) It is a waste of money for the few hours that you would be on HMC to use it! ;)

Because of the rules of this forum no one else commented on the word used, and it did not impact on our understanding of the question. In these days of auto-correct, where often the wrong word in inserted without the user noticing, these things happen.

This is the main thing that may prevent us from opting for a Cabana in the future. Our last time, the interlopers were so close to our steps that we actually had to step around them. We've also had a couple of people ask if they could use our shower. Yes, these things actually happened on a HAL cruise - and it is enough for me to wonder about the security of our things in the Cabana should we want to swim at the same time. And swimming alone is no fun at all. :(

We have had a cabana every time we have been to HMC, along with the butler service. It was always great, but have to agree with the above. The last 2 times we had people park themselves right at the steps of the cabana, and also take the loungers that were assigned.

On our last visit we had a large group of VERY rude people!! We asked if they would not block the steps but they just ignored us. Our butler finally moved their stuff when they went for lunch. They also complained when we used the shower that their stuff was getting wet (too bad!)

Don't really enjoy the price increase, but do love the service and the cabana (minus the interlopers). On our next visit we plan on having a large enough group to get the Grand Oasis. It is well protected from the "interlopers". :)

They have wanted to be in the shade right in front of our's before and we had them walk right up the steps to use the shower. We have been generous to loan our mats, etc. to couples with kids that were just in the loungers close by. At $400 we will not be renting on our next cruise.

Add us to the "not for 400 Club." We were all set for the cabana at the prior cost, but in re-evaluating and deciding not to spend the increased amount, we ended up confessing to each other that we didn't enjoy our prior 2 visits (each with clamshell) to HMC all that much anyway! Between slathering on the highest SPF (or covering exposed bits with towels), dealing with the sand, lining up for the barbecue, and spending an hour back in the cabin cleaning-up, we ended up realizing that we were going over because we thought each other wanted to. So we've gone from planning on a cabana to probably not even getting off the ship. Maybe we're just getting old . . . . . .

Still $270.00, until they decide to increase that.

honest to Pete - $270 + $400????:eek: AT $670 - you'd be better off to find a couple of couples and book the Grand Cabana (or the Oasis as I call it).

You have all your services there + lunch cooked for you - no lineup at the buffet - your own mats, snorkel gear, hot tub, whatever.

Only done it once - but it was fun (and I'm not a cabana fan).

But $670 for those little things? i don't think so:rolleyes:

honest to Pete - $270 + $400????:eek: AT $670 - you'd be better off to find a couple of couples and book the Grand Cabana (or the Oasis as I call it).
Good points Jacqui!

Next time I head to HMC, I will attempt to get the roll call involved in the Grand Cabana. Too late for next week.;)

HAL, however, will raise the price until they stop selling out all the cabanas.:eek:

Only then will prices be reduced.

How much is the Grand Cabana?

It was $1200 when we did it - I think it is now $1390 (not 100% sure).

That is for up to 12 people. (anyone in excess is extra).

Hot tubs, stairs to the water, cabanas and the huge cabana - fresh fruit, free drinks, munchies, lunch cooked for the group, etc.

btw - lunch is prepared and served by the PG staff. And there are people there taking care of you the entire time:)

Hope this helps:D

Hi;

Just googled Carnival and to the best of my knowledge; Carnival is renting the very same cabanas with food / drinks, etc. on Half Moon Cay for $229.99 for 4 persons. You can only rent them when you board the ship. No pre reservations,

I'm sure HAL will push the price up until they see demand drop. IMO, a good value at $229 but not at $399. They have reached our thresh hold! I wonder how many martinis I can get for $400?? LOL

Joe

Hi;

Just googled Carnival and to the best of my knowledge; Carnival is renting the very same cabanas with food / drinks, etc. on Half Moon Cay for $229.99 for 4 persons. You can only rent them when you board the ship. No pre reservations,

I'm sure HAL will push the price up until they see demand drop. IMO, a good value at $229 but not at $399. They have reached our thresh hold! I wonder how many martinis I can get for $400?? LOL

Joe

I think those cabanas were maxed out price wise at $299.00. $399.00 is off the charts.

Our next stop is from 10AM to 4PM. 399.00 for six hours is out of the question.

Archived