Grumpy or legitimate gripe?

badger1829

Ok friends, I took the suggestion and called Ship Services and talked to a rep who could not have been more pleasant and polite and gave me the total in less than 2 minutes. Lesson learned! But she did verify that HAL only posts the amt of the first shipboard credit purchased on the itinerary. Thanks everyone!

Could it be that your dollar amt shows because you only made one purchase? My itinerary shows one OBC for 50.00 but that is far from the total purchased. According to HAL, the only show the first one

That's exactly my point - yes I have purchased more than one obc and that is exactly what the issue is that the OP was facing - I'm so glad to see they got it resolved. I don't understand why in this day of computers that HAL hasn't got this fixed. but what do I know?

and for the other poster as to why?? 31 days - I prefer to avoid some on board shock and have some things prepaid. And take advantage of Cdn/US exchange rates - Just me - but it's my choice:D

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious - never sailed HAL before - but is there some advantage in buying OBC in advance of cruise?

no real advantage - some of us just like to avoid the 'onboard shock' at the end of the cruise and spend a bit here and there and know that part of the cruise on board is paid for:):):)

It's been 60+ days & you're only waiting & hoping? If I may ask, what are you waiting for? And if it never shows, what will you do then? You could be on-board the ship w/no Pinnacle reso.

Might I suggest you call or e-mail your TA (if you used one) or contact HAL directly. I think it's past time to be a bit more pro-active. Surely you have proof of credit card payment by now.

Well aren't you a bit of "sunshine!"

It's handled! Thanks.

Kelly

I also called the HAL call centre about 2 weeks ago and a very rude guy answered the phone. I just had a general question but the way he interacted with me, was very condecending and made me feel inferior and certainly did not made me feel as a valued guest of them.

Its not what he said to me that got me it was the way he said it to me that really made me feel HAL does not care. People in their call centre should realise, calling them is our 1st contact with HAL and if it leaves a bad taste in the mouth then that was my 1st impressions of dealing with them and 1st impressions are lasting.

Not a good experience for me forsure.

After reading this thread, I can't help wondering if the problem was not so much rudeness on the part of the HAL reps. as it was one of different expectations. They assume you know their rules and requirements. Also, some people just aren't good at phone communication.

I am guessing that the phone reps. do not have a full orientation to all the departments at HAL nor any liaisons with folks in other departments. They have a handbook or script for answering questions. If the question doesn't fit the script, they, especially the newer employees, have no idea what to do so they just try to get rid of you. You have to ask to be referred up the chain of command if you want to get anywhere.

It might have been more palatable for the rep. to have said "I'm sorry Ma'am, it is our policy not to interfere with the TA/customer relationship. Please ask your TA to obtain that information for you."

After reading this thread, I can't help wondering if the problem was not so much rudeness on the part of the HAL reps. as it was one of different expectations. They assume you know their rules and requirements. Also, some people just aren't good at phone communication.

I am guessing that the phone reps. do not have a full orientation to all the departments at HAL nor any liaisons with folks in other departments. They have a handbook or script for answering questions. If the question doesn't fit the script, they, especially the newer employees, have no idea what to do so they just try to get rid of you. You have to ask to be referred up the chain of command if you want to get anywhere.

It might have been more palatable for the rep. to have said "I'm sorry Ma'am, it is our policy not to interfere with the TA/customer relationship. Please ask your TA to obtain that information for you."

True, but my concern was that I purchased the OBC from HAL website, not through my travel agent. Why should my travel agent get involved in a purchase from HALs website.

In any case, the CC poster who directed me to call ship services was on target and they answered my question in 1 minute and could not have been more pleasant. I know now to always call ship services.

Archived