The Tauby's Take On The Triumph

cynt

I have been trying for 2 yrs. to get a favorite relative in Houston to come back to Maryland to visit me with no luck. I am now thinking maybe a cruise on the Triumph would be the answer. I could fly in and meet her in Galveston. For this reason I've been really looking for trip reports on the Triumph. I really enjoyed yours because your pictures were different shots I hadn't seen before and your report had a lot of humor included. Thank you for taking the time to post it. You have a nice looking family and you could see everyone was enjoying their selves. Nice job :)

Excellent idea. You will fly into Houston. I'm sure she would love to go cruising. We did!

Great review! Going to Cozumel next month so where do I find the finger painter? Looking forward to the rest..thank you.

He was at the pier after you go thru the duty free store. He was one of the vendors setup in the middle of the walkway as you're headed to the exit to catch taxis. They have painted tiles and pottery. You can't miss him.

I paid by credit card and was charged an additional $5.11 for exchange rate. So $70.11 total for the $65 pic. But so worth it. I'm getting rave reviews on it. Get two! I'm regretting it now. I'm going to take it and get it framed. It's heavy so I need to get it professionally framed. I think it will break a regular frame due to the weight. I have a 12 X 12 tile.

Family Reunion Cruise

- Plan, Plan, Plan

- It's never too early to get started

- Over communicate, people comprehend information differently. ID to Tan was a driver’s license. However, her son thought his YMCA card was sufficient. LOL! He was only 15 so his birth certificate was sufficient.

- Budget friendly cruises worked best for us

- Check, double and triple check everyone's documents.

- Start early gathering the required documents and sending reminder messages to your family.

- For large families run the numbers for them and explain two cabins are better than one and it’s around the same price if they get on OCV and inside or two insides instead of squeezing everyone in a balcony.

- Once onboard our only must do for everyone was dinner other than that everyone was on their own. We realized we hung out together anyway so some even missed dinner. No big deal.

- Be patient because you will have to walk some family members through the process. Step by step.

- Let them enjoy their cruise. I didn’t divulge much information about the actual cruise experience. I allowed them to figure it out and I enjoyed experiencing it for the 1st time again through them.

- I realized I knew more about cruising than I thought I did. I was a walking cruise encyclopedia. LOL! 8 people constantly asking you questions were tiresome after a while but I was glad to give them the information. I actually loved it! LOL! THANKS CRUISE CRITIC!!!

- We told our teens to stick together. Curfew was at 1AM. If one left they all left. The moms had to find them twice. Jake and Jazzy came home without Lu both times. He was still at the pizza place like it was IHOP! LOL!

- Be flexible. Remember you have cruised and know what to expect. They haven’t and will change their minds multiple times. Give them space to do it.

- I highly recommend going with a Carnival PVP. I’m a control freak and I want immediate results. This helped me tremendously with making changes, corrections and quick questions.

- I priced it as a group rate, Early saver and regular book direct. We decided on the Early saver rate. I had a hard time getting my group to commit. The Early saver rates allowed us to book and pay our deposit at our leisure. I made it very clear the earlier you book the better and I watched the rates like a hawk. This worked well for me and my family. Learn your family and use whichever is best for your family.

- Ask your PVP to copy you on email confirmations for your cabins. Review everyone’s name and birth date on the document. You know what to look for, they don’t. We had two misspelled names.

- Arrive a day early and enjoy the port before your cruise. It’s worth it. Pen and I kept saying we’re glad we came in a day early to unwind before we boarded the ship.

- RELAX! You can do it. Let the PVP do the work.

Great review!!! The Triumph will be my next cruise.

Thank you for your great review! It was great reading about all your experiences and seeing all the pics. Can't wait to experience it myself. Thanks!

Great review of your cruise and wonderful pictures. Glad you had an awesome time.

Thanks everyone! I enjoyed writing it. Happy Cruising!

• 1 month later...

Archived