Have you cruised Hawaii on different ships?

tinsel57

Research! If you've cruised Hawaii on different Cruise lines or even Cruise ships, would you please share what you did or did not like and if you'd go back again, which ship would you choose?

Thanks for your input!

I was on American Hawaiian Cruise's Independence in 1990. The two sister ships gave us an opportunity to see all 4 major islands in a very efficient manner, in 7 days. Now NCL has faster ships, which will allow us , on our Jan2006 cruise, to spend maximum time ashore. This new itinerary is the best I've seen..... nobody else comes close. The ship itself, may not be as upscale as HAL or Celebrity, but NCL must be doing their marketing right, because there's not much in the way of discount on cruise fare, plus those Jan-March cruises are selling very well. I go for the itinerary, and will not be expecting fine cuisine.

We have sailed Carnival Spirit and NCL Wind in Hawaii. We enjoyed each ship for different reasons.

Carnival Spirit being newer and more spacious, nicely decorated. We also had a balcony. However the 5 days at sea in a row were a bit too long.

NCL Wind we liked the freestyle seating for dinner and the days to Fanning Island were more enjoyable than the 5 days in a row on the Spirit. This trip we opted for a larger floor to ceiling window room, which by the end of the trip was almost impossible to see out of the window from the salt spray.

Both had great service and about the same times in each of the Hawaiian ports. Either way you would enjoy this cruise.

In Sept. we are returning to Maui and Oahu for a land based vacation and can't wait.

We cruised from Vancouver to Hawaii on Legend of the Seas fall in Sept of 2003, spent a week in Honolulu, and cruised back to Ensenada on Radiance of the Seas in October. Both were great trips, great weather. This fall we are doing back to backs on Carnival Spirit Vancouver to Hawaii, Hawaii to Ensenada and can hardly wait.

Did both the Star and the Pride of Aloha. My biggest problem with the Star was the length of time in port. Pride of Aloha solved that, but I missed the sea time. I think I really need to take a longer cruise to have the perfect trip.

Both ships were fairly new to Hawaii when I took them, so I knew there would be a few kinks - but still had a great time on both.

If you have a few hours you can read my reviews to compare the trips.

I took the Los Angeles to Los Angeles cruise last year and loved it so much, I am going again in september on the Island Princess. Not alot of port time, but enough for me, as I have been to Hawaii many times

Archived